Thread: I would like to buy a faceplate

GothamXxX

Default I would like to buy a faceplate

I am new to this community and i was looking at the faceplates and they are truly remarkable. I am not sure how this collection thing works but can someone fill me in. I would like to buy a faceplate if somebody can make it for me. I am looking for something in the Lost planet area if someone can draw me a sketch i will tell you what i think, trying to spend lower than $70 or lower if possible.thanks

GothamXxX

Default faceplate

I am looking on ebay and i saw this sick splinter cell da faceplate for 45 dollars here it is. http://cgi.ebay.com/Splinter-Cell-Xb...3A1%7C294%3A50

Hellon earth159

Quote Originally Posted by GothamXxX View Post
    I am looking on ebay and i saw this sick splinter cell da faceplate for 45 dollars here it is. http://cgi.ebay.com/Splinter-Cell-Xb...3A1%7C294%3A50
    That's pretty steep. You should try the UK.
    Here's one for around $1.50 (ebay item 140297999739)

GothamXxX

well i would by that but it says they only ship to the uk and i live in ny. do have any ideas on rare ones i should by i would like something really rare

Hellon earth159

The Team Xbox is considered rare (though recently the creator of the website began selling a few of them). That's a good price.

The superman plates were selling for 14.99 at gamestop until they stopped carrying them. I've seen them sell for as low as 5 bucks. I wouldn't pay over 25.
    The very expensive lesson I learned was to be patient (Actually I'm still working on it). Just do a faceplate search on ebay and sort by lowest price first.
    Put in a max bid of around $10 - $15 on what ever plates interest you and you should be able to get pretty good collection in a couple of months. If you see a plate your really like, watch it and bid whatever you're willing to pay near the end of the auction.

Hellon earth159

Here are 2 good ones and the price is the lowest I've seen in a while.

Blue dragon faceplate, figures, and game for 50 (ebay #330303841481)

TOY2R QEE (some japanese toy company) for $44 (ebay #170293604802)

GothamXxX

well it all depends which is more rare the toy store faceplate from japan or the xbox faceplate

You could probably put enough scratch together to paint your own plates. I'm currently in the process of making my own two and am incorporating my own designs on them, hopefully they work out right. It's cheaper and more unique because you created it yourself , look on the tutorials site.

Hellon earth159

well it all depends which is more rare the toy store faceplate from japan or the xbox faceplate
    From a faceplate perspective, the toy 2 qee plate is rarer. The Blue Dragon plate is available as a standalone plate also so it's more common.

GothamXxX

so what should i get to start this faceplate design.
    1.Silver faceplate
    2.what type of paint
    sandpaper and tape what else and what type of paint

Cool

so what should i get to start this faceplate design.
    1.Silver faceplate
    2.what type of paint
    sandpaper and tape what else and what type of paint
    XBA's How To Guide

I like the TOY2R QEE one the best. That is one of my favorites
    For Custom Orders Please Visit Our MySpace:
    Hidden Content
    OR
    E-mail Us:

Hidden Content

GothamXxX

hey i saw your myspace page could you make a custom one for me if i gave you an idea? How much would it cost? I want something that has to do with heroes the tv show, or if you could possibly make one for the office tv show with dwights head as a bobblehead that you have to push in to turn on the xbox. i know that sounds hard so i am not sure if you can do it. how much would something like that cost?

GothamXxX

Default saints row faceplate

i found one on ebay i am trying to get it for under 20 dollars is it a good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Saints-Row-...3A1%7C294%3A50

Hellon earth159

i found one on ebay i am trying to get it for under 20 dollars is it a good deal.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Rare-Saints-Row-...3A1%7C294%3A50
    That one comes to about $22 with shipping.
    Take a look at 400028441832. It's $20 w/free shipping.
    BTW, this is not a rare plate, it was widely availabe online and retail. The rare version of saints row goes for 100+ and looks like:

I was trying to buy that Saints Row plate, lol. Thanks 159 for the heads up on the other one. I bought 14 of them for like $40 a while ago. The last one I had, I got signed and sold it, so I was looking for one to fill the hole. Hated to pay that much knowing they were dirt cheap, but nobody to blame buy myself.

Gotham, I replied to your PM about making a custom. Air Effex might be able to do something for you but I'm on hold until I work out this other project. Also, there's a link above to the tutorial page. About the Splinter Cell plate, it doesn't hurt to ask the international sellers if they'll make an exception and ship to the US. Most of them won't, but it only takes one guy to say yes. I've gotten a number of plates like that, just by asking.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

GothamXxX

Default thanks

thanks i like your faceplates alot.

thanks i like your faceplates alot.
    Arigato.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Thread Information