Thread: End of Days Contest Part 3: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. CONTEST CLOSED

Default End of Days Contest Part 3: Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X. CONTEST CLOSED

Rules are simple. I'm giving away THREE "Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X." faceplates, thanks to the kind people at Ubisoft, who published the title.

There are six questions below. The answers can be found at:

www.hawxgame.com

All you have to do is email your answers to me at faceplateaddict@aol.com with the subject line "H.A.W.X." By submitting your answers, you agree that you're over thirteen years of age. I'm paying for postage myself, so you can be in any country. Winners will be drawn at random. If any of the answers are wrong, a replacement winner will be drawn.

The contest will run through midnight, March 31st PDT.

One additional "Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X." faceplate will be held for a future contest. These plates have only been made available to a small number of people at an event in Holland, and through the Play website in the UK for people who preorder the game.

Finally, the demo for this game is available. The game has an extensive single player campaign, with a drop in-drop out co-op feature and one-on-one multiplayer dogfighting. "Tom Clancy's H.A.W.X." is due in stores on March 5th. Check out the demo and enjoy the game!

HERE ARE THE QUESTIONS:

1) What does "H.A.W.X." stand for?

2) How many aircraft are playable in the game?

3) The H.A.W.X. Squadron is based out of which two Air Force bases?

4) Future elite mercenary groups are referred to as what?

5) What are the "rules of combat" that were ratified by 191 countries? (To clarify, I need to know what they're called. It's not necessary to write them all out, essay style, although if you did that it won't invalidate your entry.)

6) What is the maximum speed of the F-15 Strike Eagle?

WINNERS HAVE BEEN DRAWN, AND WILL BE POSTED AS THEY REPLY TO THEIR EMAILS!

#1 Jonathan H. Santa Cruz, CA USA

#2 P. J. P. Bowling Green, KY USA

#3 Saul M. Lynwood, CA USA
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 04-12-2009 at 09:30 PM.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

XBA Forum Administrator Shawn-XBA's Avatar

Answers sent, really hope I win this one. Plate looks awesome.

Follow me on Twitter: Hidden Content
    Watch me on Twitch: Hidden Content
    Subscribe on YouTube: Hidden Content
    Email/Skype: Hidden Content

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...6/m/3311005837

Ubisoft has provided a link in their own HAWX forums to this auction.

If you're visiting from the Ubi forums, welcome to XBA. Besides the HAWX plates, we have three other giveaways going right now, and we encourage you to give 'em a shot.

Also, we have a database with over 1,100 faceplates from around the world. Click the little white text at the very top of the page that says "Faceplates" and then there's a place on that page where you can click to see thumbnails of all of them.

Ubisoft has done a fantastic job of making plates to promote their games, and hopefully they will continue to do so through the life of the console.

Thanks, Ubisoft!

Spaceghost, I just wanted to say thank you very much for the contest. The fact that I happen to win coupled with the contest concluding the day before my birthday was some sweet timing indeed.

Can't say thank you enough. I definitely appreciate it and that faceplate looks awesome.

Can't wait.

Quote Originally Posted by pjskiboy View Post
    Spaceghost, I just wanted to say thank you very much for the contest. The fact that I happen to win coupled with the contest concluding the day before my birthday was some sweet timing indeed.

Can't say thank you enough. I definitely appreciate it and that faceplate looks awesome.

Can't wait.
    You're very welcome, and the plate is in the mail.

It arrived today actually.

I have had my console skinned with a Gears of War skin since the game originally came out, along with a Gears of War faceplate. I rip those skins off of both sides of the console and replaced my GOW faceplate with the H.A.W.X. one. Looks great.

I was planning on picking up a copy of H.A.W.X. pretty soon, to be honest.

Ace Combat 6 was a great looking game, but I actually never finished it and got bored with it super quick. I'm hoping H.A.W.X. is more of what I was looking for.

Thanks again.

Much appreciated.

Dan 140

well basicly i got a faceplate from play.com and the flip down bit for the usb broke in mins and i when i put it on the 360 it didnt fit properly and when it final fit after a bit of stretching i couldnt turn the xbox on because the button didnt go in far enough and also the disc tray wouldnt eject because the faceplate was too tight on the xbox.

so over all not very impressed but yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan 140 View Post
    well basicly i got a faceplate from play.com and the flip down bit for the usb broke in mins and i when i put it on the 360 it didnt fit properly and when it final fit after a bit of stretching i couldnt turn the xbox on because the button didnt go in far enough and also the disc tray wouldnt eject because the faceplate was too tight on the xbox.

so over all not very impressed but yeah.
    They're all made from the same manufacturing process using the same mold. However, there are plastic pieces galled "sprues" that are basically the remains of the tubes where the plastic is injected into the mold. I recently opened a first party Microsoft plate that had a 3/4" sprue sticking out of the back of the plate. There's no way that plate, in that condition, could have fit onto a console at all. It sounds to me like you have one of two possible problems. Either there is a sprue still attached or removed unsatisfactorily that is preventing the plate from fitting properly, or the plate was simply misaligned with you attached it.

Look on the back for plastic that shouldn't be there, and check the clips that go all around the edges for pieces that might need better trimming.

Thread Information