Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: Heads Up! for CONSOLES

http://www.retrothinking.com/headlin...oming-to-japan

This is a two year old post, and I'm certain it never happened or we'd have seen one by now. Everything else was done in quantites far less than 100K so I think it is impossible for this to have "slipped through the cracks."

Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    http://www.retrothinking.com/headlin...oming-to-japan

This is a two year old post, and I'm certain it never happened or we'd have seen one by now. Everything else was done in quantites far less than 100K so I think it is impossible for this to have "slipped through the cracks."

Holy god I would make that the pinnacle of my collection if I could find one of those
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Unfortunately, it was never released, I am pretty sure about that.

Hellon earth159

Looks like an easy one to make as a custom console

Hellon earth159

Gears of War 2 console (only $300.00 as of this posting!!!) - Item 320362198019

GTA IV Lost and Damned - Limited to 190 numbered consoles!!! Item number: 270378626545

Ellen DeGeneres & Matthew Perry signed Xbox & Fallout 3 game

Does anyone here actually watch the Ellen show (and want to admit to it)? Because I have no idea what this is all about. All I have to go on is the story given in the auction's (very limited) description:

"Matthew Perry stopped by The Ellen DeGeneres Show and brought an X-Box 360 and his favorite game to play, Fallout 3. Matthew played the game so much he actually had to seek medical attention for his hands!"

1) Matthew Perry is a ***** if the story is true.
    2) Who just shows up to a talk show with an xbox?

It's a charity auction at least so if you really like Matthew Perry or Ellen DeGeneres, here's the xbox for you.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by Conchord Hidden Content
    And by "big" I mean purple, and by "gun" I mean vibrator.
    Hidden Content Originally Posted by CarGuy Hidden Content
    cars are stupid and i hate them.

I guess it's safer to sign the box these days than it is to sign the actual console. /bitter

THAT'S WHAT FACEPLATES ARE FOR! SIGN THE FACEPLATE, NOT THE BOX!

And really, an Arcade unit for your 200 hour RPG's?

That's funny, cause they don't even have a picture of the console signed
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Hellon earth159

Gears of War 2 Console - Ebay Item 280340894480

Dark Knight - Joker Console - Ebay item 280341514501

Madden 09 Limited Console - Item number: 180353656416
    Last edited by hellonearth159; 05-04-2009 at 09:16 PM.

Default Heads Up for CONSOLES

Ok heres the deal:

I bought my console opening day, waited in line for it at my local walmart and everything. Console first got RROD within 7 or 8 months, but ya know they gave me a new one and a full years warranty on it.Not 6 months later RROD again, then 3 months, then 2 DOA, and so on until i hit the magic number of 12 or 13 now.I cant remember it been so many Recently they changed things and are only giving 90 days on "Recertified Consoles".

Now i have a fresh console on return and im fed up because this is far too much trouble and i want to know if i should just repair it myself and basically experiment on it or should I keep using them so much that i burn them out within 90 days? Not intentionally just appears repairs made by them are getting worse

Any thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by Neollory View Post
    Ok heres the deal:

I bought my console opening day, waited in line for it at my local walmart and everything. Console first got RROD within 7 or 8 months, but ya know they gave me a new one and a full years warranty on it.Not 6 months later RROD again, then 3 months, then 2 DOA, and so on until i hit the magic number of 12 or 13 now.I cant remember it been so many Recently they changed things and are only giving 90 days on "Recertified Consoles".

Now i have a fresh console on return and im fed up because this is far too much trouble and i want to know if i should just repair it myself and basically experiment on it or should I keep using them so much that i burn them out within 90 days? Not intentionally just appears repairs made by them are getting worse

Any thoughts?
    This isn't really the right place for this, as it's a thread for limited edition collectible consoles, and not really hardware issues, but I'll give it a shot.

If you believe that is a better solution available to you than the one offered by Microsoft, it's entirely up to you if you take it. I am in a similar situation. I have four 360's. Each one has gone bad once and been repaired. Two of them now have disc issues and are both out of warranty. Do I fork out the $100 each and have MS repair them, or find someone local? Once someone besides MS opens those consoles, MS will NEVER touch them again.

In the case of the red light issue, MS repair centers have a certain protocol to follow for what is considered "acceptable repair procedures" where a local repair place might be able to go beyond that. In other words, MS might do one thing that fixes that "loose chip" issue that works most of the time, where a local guy might cost a bit more, but be able to guarantee that sucker is never coming off of there again. See what I mean?

Also, I know these things have issues that have nothing to do with your treatment of the console, but when I hear stories of people on their 12th unit, I have to wonder if you're giving it proper ventilation (on the sides AND the back), have it sitting on a fabric base, like carpet or a shelf dust cover.... anything that might contribute to overheating.

I will end with a simple suggestion. Go to WalMart and get some of those 1/2" rubber feet with the adhesive back, and put them under your console to give it some extra clearance. You're out two bucks and it could minimize these problems you're having. I know, it's an inherent design problem and not your fault, but that doesn't mean you can't take steps to minimize the effects of THEIR design problem.

I had one of those GTA 4 Elite unnumbered consoles but it died MS replaced it with a Elite. Only good thing is it frees up the faceplate to send off to Spaceghost. So beware if your special console does its RRoD or other death rattle thing you only get an unmarked clone back.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisQCI View Post
    I had one of those GTA 4 Elite unnumbered consoles but it died MS replaced it with a Elite. Only good thing is it frees up the faceplate to send off to Spaceghost. So beware if your special console does its RRoD or other death rattle thing you only get an unmarked clone back.
    You really should have raised holy hell about that. They should have at the VERY least, returned the case to you.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisQCI View Post
    How the hell did you not raise a ****storm for that? Talk to someone, anyone, get that back...now!
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Repo Man 360

I agree that's messed up. I'm affraid if I send my Halo 3 unit to be fixed they will send me an elite. Maybe i'll just buy a used one.

I won the GTA 4 box from MS so I am not out anything as I got it for nothing and I got a new Elite as a replacement for the dead one. I think it is a feature of the warranty that they may fix or replace, they went with the replacement. Not a collector of these things so if it works thats good enough. Just had to share the warning if these thing matter to you. It would really suck if your favorite collectable was trashed and you got a new unremakable clone back. I think this may happen with any colored(red) or special box.

Quote Originally Posted by Repo Man 360 View Post
    I agree that's messed up. I'm affraid if I send my Halo 3 unit to be fixed they will send me an elite. Maybe i'll just buy a used one.
    You should be safe sending that one back at least. I sent my SIGNED Halo 3 edition to MS & they threw it away & replaced it with a brand new one.

When I raised hell, all that happened was I talked to 3 different Indian gentlemen who couldn't do anything to help me. The best thing they could do was offer me a free copy of...

Wait for it...

Halo 3.

I've since lost all faith in MS's outsourced support.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Yup. I'm convinced. After I got my US Launch Team console back missing the green end panels (they did show up in the mail the following day, after I had a heart attack), I would never send them anything to repair except a plain-jane, off the shelf console.

JB, I sent you an email.

Got it - running out right now but I'll get a response out to you tonight.
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by gameking28 View Post
    You should be safe sending that one back at least. I sent my SIGNED Halo 3 edition to MS & they threw it away & replaced it with a brand new one.

When I raised hell, all that happened was I talked to 3 different Indian gentlemen who couldn't do anything to help me. The best thing they could do was offer me a free copy of...

Wait for it...

Halo 3.

I've since lost all faith in MS's outsourced support.
    Your the one they screwed over. I remember that. They did end up hooking you up though, I saw the package they sent.

Thread Information