Thread: Video Converter for Mac?

Default Video Converter for Mac?

I've got a Mac and an xbox that happily interact through connect360 which is great except none of my videos, from itunes or anywhere else on my computer, are recognized as playable by my xbox.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good conversion software for macs?
    Hidden Content

Aussie gamer? check outHidden Content Just tell them Ollie Sent you

As long as they are .avi / mp4 they should be playable.

I'm presuming they aren't, in which case I can't say I know of any good converters for you.

Senior Moderator Ainokeatoo-XBA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by VollieV View Post
    I've got a Mac and an xbox that happily interact through connect360 which is great except none of my videos, from itunes or anywhere else on my computer, are recognized as playable by my xbox.

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good conversion software for macs?
    You will need to have your videos in either .AVI or .WMV to be recognized as playable on your xbox.

You will need to have your Music in either .MP3 or MP4 I believe.

I don't know if the program "SUPER" is useable on a Mac, but, google "Super media converter" click the second link from the top, scroll all the way down at the bottom should be "download and use" or something to that effect. Click on that and the download link should be at the first or second paragraph on the top of the page, it should be a link, download that, then install it. I don't know if it works with Macs but I do know that if it can, that's one of the best free software converters you can use, and it's all pretty simple to use.

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

I think what he's looking for is a transcoder. Maybe try a google search for Mac transcoder.

The xbox360 play wmv file, and should play avi file too with the codec downloaded.

Grab handbreak or VisualHub to convert for you. They work for me. VisualHub is discontinued though, so it might be hard to find. GL

As i used MAC.
    You need to know about the encode and decode.If you know about it then you may find out its solution.
    I hope then after you may find out some appropriate match for your wish over internet.
    Thank you.

To convert videos and music to your xbox on Mac, I recommend Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac, it can convert different video formats to mp4/wmv/avi and convert audio to mp3/wma, etc. If you want to convert DVD or Blu-ray to your xbox, Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac is a good choice.

Quote Originally Posted by kaylawang View Post
    To convert videos and music to your xbox on Mac, I recommend Aunsoft Video Converter for Mac, it can convert different video formats to mp4/wmv/avi and convert audio to mp3/wma, etc. If you want to convert DVD or Blu-ray to your xbox, Aunsoft iMedia Converter for Mac is a good choice.
    It's been 4 years since the thread was posted. I'm sure he's found a solution by now.
    Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from variati0n on www.twitch.tv

Thread Information