Thread: Make your own professional faceplate

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Once you've either selected a plate or created one, you go to the cart, and then the checkout. The cart allows you to adjust quantities or remove items, and will give you a running total.

The checkout requires you to register and add your info. Then you can pay by credit card or PayPal.

You'll get an email confirmation of your order, and you'll get an email when it ships. The email tracking info is from Hong Kong and honestly, it's been useless to me except to let me know what's on the way. I gave up trying to find out where the stuff actually was.

If you design a plate, and then buy it, that plate will go into your personal gallery. If you ever want to make another one of the same plate, it's all done already. RIGHT NOW, you don't have the ability to add a plate to your gallery and NOT buy it (perhaps to buy it later but prepare it ahead of time). Plates only go to your gallery once they've been paid for.

You can also go to "my account" and see a list of the orders you've placed. The list doesn't link to the gallery pics or anything like that, and the list and the order numbers are in two separate places. I just make note of the date I made an order and what plates were on that order, and then I match dates to find out the status of my orders.

Most people are going to make a plate or two, and not fifty like me and 159, but I thought I'd point it out.

OKAY, I'm calling it a night. I hope to wake up tomorrow with a message that the registration issues were fixed and we're good to go.

Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 06-09-2009 at 01:52 AM.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Wow.... that's SO much more impressive than I could have even imagined. ETA of going live? Will it be Canadian friendly? What we looking at for pricing and shipping roughly?

VERY good job, that really does look amazing and ambitious
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Variation-XBA View Post
    Wow.... that's SO much more impressive than I could have even imagined. ETA of going live? Will it be Canadian friendly? What we looking at for pricing and shipping roughly?

VERY good job, that really does look amazing and ambitious
    Here, just try going to the site:

http://fa.subcostume.com/

You can play around and not hurt anything. You may even be able to order something. I'm not sure which regions are having the registration problems. It doesn't work here in the US, but it works for the people in Norway. No idea who else it might work for. If it works, go for it.

For this great design we will charge you only:
    $ 19.90 (plus $ 5.50 for shipping per order)

I'm assuming that USD and shipping to Canada?

VERY easy to use though, that's REALLY cool
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

For this great design we will charge you only:
    $ 19.90 (plus $ 5.50 for shipping per order)

I'm assuming that USD and shipping to Canada?

VERY easy to use though, that's REALLY cool
    When you register and enter your country, it should default to the local legal tender. Like I said, until the registration thingy is fixed, I don't know.

**EDIT** OR... if you get registration to work and you pay through PalPay, PP should convert it.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    When you register and enter your country, it should default to the local legal tender. Like I said, until the registration thingy is fixed, I don't know.

**EDIT** OR... if you get registration to work and you pay through PalPay, PP should convert it.
    Gotcha, thanks.

Will prices vary depending on how 'busy' the graphic is or how much text or it basically a fee overall?
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Gotcha, thanks.

Will prices vary depending on how 'busy' the graphic is or how much text or it basically a fee overall?
    Nope. It costs you as much to print one dot as the whole Mona Lisa.

Thread Information