Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Make your own professional faceplate

I'll answer on his behalf - I can assure you the registration works - but I haven't tried to purchase one yet (but i am sure it works too)

Hellon earth159

Spacy,
    I'm having trouble with the designer. After I create my first design and add it to the cart, I select continue shopping. I then select design your own and then select the device (this part's a pain by the way. You're an xbox faceplate site. Why do we have to weed through three drop downs to get to select faceplates)
    Anyway...when I select the device, the little busy thingy starts spinning on the flash application but the designer never comes up.
    I tried backing out of the window and re-select designer and this time, the last drop down was empty.
    I closed IE and opened it up again. I logged in but the store didn't keep track of my shopping cart. I re-added the first faceplate and went to the second and hit the same problem.

I've seen this problem before with imageware but it usually happens after 6 or seven items are in the cart.

Is anyone else hitting this issue?
    Last edited by hellonearth159; 06-01-2009 at 08:21 PM.

I will check it out but the hotel I am at has wifi service slower than AOL dialup because of all the people on it. I will try to order a couple of plates and see what happens.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

The multiple plate issue should be resolved.

Hellon earth159

Submitted my first order last week.

Are we allowed to buy other people's design?

Quote Originally Posted by wasabisabi View Post
    Technically, no. If you put the copyrighted image on a plate it has to be for personal use only. The plate and/or the image can't be resold. However, that doesn't mean that someone might do the work on the image and let you make one, saving you the effort. I think, in most cases, the creator would rather keep the image as their own so that it remains some sort of "unique." I made a Mirror's Edge plate that is virtually identical to hellonearth159's, but I didn't get the image from him.

The ultimate goal is to get the copyright holders to agree to allow us to host their images with permission. We're not there yet.

I did get a few verbal agreements at E3, that I can't talk about until something is signed. In one case, we'll have plates for an exclusive XBLA title. In another, we may have permission to do hundreds of plates. Lots of possibilities that I have to keep to myself for a while yet.

Best suggestion: If you see a plate you like, try to duplicate it rather than getting the image from someone else. There are literally an unlimited number of images out there, so the possibilities are endless.

You want some bubbles too?

Too soon?
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Variation-XBA View Post
    You want some bubbles too?

Too soon?
    Zing, lol.

Forgot where I posted this question, but are we allowed to order designs made by other people?

Forgot where I posted this question, but are we allowed to order designs made by other people?
    He answered it just above:

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    Technically, no. If you put the copyrighted image on a plate it has to be for personal use only. The plate and/or the image can't be resold. However, that doesn't mean that someone might do the work on the image and let you make one, saving you the effort. I think, in most cases, the creator would rather keep the image as their own so that it remains some sort of "unique." I made a Mirror's Edge plate that is virtually identical to hellonearth159's, but I didn't get the image from him.

The ultimate goal is to get the copyright holders to agree to allow us to host their images with permission. We're not there yet.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Feeding my pet moose HaZarD SFD's Avatar

Hey Space.. Firefox as an IE Tab addon for the browser if you put a link up for people who get on there trying to use firefox

Quote Originally Posted by HaZarD SFD View Post
    Hey Space.. Firefox as an IE Tab addon for the browser if you put a link up for people who get on there trying to use firefox
    I think they figured it out. I haven't heard anything more about a problem.

Do you guys know if they ship to the UK???

I so want to do my own, currently I have a Halo3 faceplate and want a change soon!

Quote Originally Posted by Chozzi View Post
    Do you guys know if they ship to the UK???

I so want to do my own, currently I have a Halo3 faceplate and want a change soon!
    Yes, they'll ship worldwide.

Sweet, Cheers mate. I will hopefully be making one soon! I will post what I make to your gallery.

Ive been using the template for the Nyko Game Face to make some designs and its not really working out, i assume its because the inserts for the Game Face are larger than normal faceplates because they have to slip into the shell and cover the plate.

So if i want to make a design specifically for Faceplate Addict is there a template or dimensions i should use?

Its also hard to get a good idea of how my faceplate is lining up in the editor, the desinger interface is kind of small and its hard to distinguish between the beginning of hard drive/end of console. And then the preview is even smaller. Is there any way you can change this stuff? i assume the answer is no.
    Looking for Quake IV plate, knockoff or real.

Hellon earth159

What graphics editing tool are you using. I have multi-layered template for Paintshop Pro Photo that I use.
    PM me with your email address and I send it to you.

I have a template but it doesn't line up perfectly with the pseudo-faceplate in the design studio. It's really designed more for the "manufactured" process where they do a run of plates.

My recommendation for people using the studio is to use an image editor, make an image 12" x 4" and at least 100 dop (300 dpi is better). Then just fill the image area with your pictures. Load the pic into the design studio, see what needs to be tweaked, and then go back into the editor. Keep going back and forth until you get what you want.

For anyone looking for some help designing here is a template of the Xbox 360 Faceplate. This is a really large template (about 50"x18") that hellonearth sent me. The original .pspimage is there and so is the .PSD i made out of it (which i also cleaned up a little).

I put it on rapidshare because im a member so it wont expire and its one of the less annoying hosting sites.

http://rapidshare.com/files/26821622...tetemplate.zip

I find it more helpful to make your design a square slightly larger than the faceplate so its easier to fit onto the FacePlate Addict Designer.
    Looking for Quake IV plate, knockoff or real.

Thread Information