Thread: PGR3 faceplate

Default PGR3 faceplate

Hi Guys, i recently won a PGR3 faceplate off ebay. I read on the faceplate database that there are 2 different types of the faceplate, a retail one and a 700 run limited edition.

My faceplate is in the normal packaging but has writing saying "Not for retail sale of distribution" on the front and back. But the fact that its in the normal packaging and that i got it for just $20 makes me think it is the retail one.

Are there any markings on the actual faceplate that differentiate the 2 types?
    Looking for Quake IV plate, knockoff or real.

No, the faceplates are identical. And there doesn't seem to be a clear cut explanation for the whole "retail vs limited edition" thing, at least not to my own satisfaction.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

So its unknown how the faceplates in the 700 LE run were packaged? And were the retail ones a British offering? I never see new faceplates in US stores but from what ive seen in Europe, and bought from Ebay, new faceplate designs are still offered in stores and as preorder bonuses
    Looking for Quake IV plate, knockoff or real.

Quote Originally Posted by racingfreak92 View Post
    So its unknown how the faceplates in the 700 LE run were packaged? And were the retail ones a British offering? I never see new faceplates in US stores but from what ive seen in Europe, and bought from Ebay, new faceplate designs are still offered in stores and as preorder bonuses
    Mad Catz is doing futbol plates for the UK, and UbiSoft releases plates for almost ever Tom Clancy game over there. None of that stuff is out, here.

Hopefully, Tacohead or Hellonearth159 can come in and show off some pics of the two packages for PGR3.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Thread Information