Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pics of those custom plates that are being printed?

lol. I just replied to your email suggesting something like this.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Here is one that I made using that faceplate site you have:

I cant afford to buy it but it was to see what I could do on that thing. What would be good is if we could see it WITHOUT that green circle all the time, kinda like one with and one without.

Anyway hope you like it and I did ask for it to be placed on the gallery but not sure if I am meant to buy it before its shown there.
    Just because you read it in a magazine
    Or see it on the TV screen
    Don't make it factual

Quote Originally Posted by SingingTurnip View Post
    Here is one that I made using that faceplate site you have:

I cant afford to buy it but it was to see what I could do on that thing. What would be good is if we could see it WITHOUT that green circle all the time, kinda like one with and one without.

Anyway hope you like it and I did ask for it to be placed on the gallery but not sure if I am meant to buy it before its shown there.
    I have asked them to remove the "3D" styled template and replace it with a flat image template that wouldn't have the green ring. It's easier to line up the image on the other template.

Also, they won't upload it to the gallery, or shouldn't, until they run it by me. In this case, unless YOU personally have the rights to offer mass produced Red Dead Redemption plates for sale to the world, they can't make your image available to everyone because of copyright laws. We would have to license the use of the name and the images, include fine print on the plate, etc. If you create a design or take a photo then we can add those to the gallery (and even some of those can violate copyrights if a copyrighted logo or image is in your picture).

Ah ok I understand its just that seeing what other people had done I wasnt actually aware of the stance using a copyrighted image.

So if I wanted it made just for me what would happen - would it be allowed or not?
    Don't make it factual

I have to offer a disclaimer that this is not legal advice.

If it's for personal use, and going on your Xbox or into your collection. Nobody's going to care. The problem comes when 1) you sell them in quantity like you're mass producing them, or 2) you're trying to duplicate an existing plate as exactly as possible. For instance, MadCatz had the rights to Modern Warfare 2 plates. I've made a MW2 plate, but I haven't tried to duplicate their exact plate and pass it off as one of them.

Ok thats fair enough

I was going to ask another question but I will make a new thread regarding that as this one appears to have gone off topic more than it should have.
    Don't make it factual

Thread Information