Thread: Custom printing is killing this site.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Custom printing is making the site less personal.

Albeit a good idea, I've seen no one taking the time to sit down and create a facecplate themselves, rather they just take a few minutes upload a photo fiddle about with it and wait for it to be delviered.

Now don't get me wrong if there is an absurdly crazy design you want and getting it printed was the only way to do so, then cool.

I think the end product is cold, If i was buying a faceplate from someone, id happily pay money for it as long as they had made it it gives it some depth and personality.

I like every gears of war handpainted faceplate more than I would of an image printed onto a faceplate in the best detail.

Its also not really "custom" as it can be easily replicated where as a real custom faceplate, handpainted no matter how many people copy it they will never get two the same.

In my eyes its a dying art, and I die a little everytime I see a new "custom printed plate" in the database.

I understand that people with little art skill can go on and get a plate that they want look exactly how they want it etc and not be charged alot of money for it.
    But yeh.
    [/RANT]
    Last edited by Ohsay; 08-14-2009 at 06:11 AM.

OhsayOne's Xbox - Jul 9 2009

When someone makes a mistake there is typically some kind of gift involved... Maybe I can get a new faceplate out of the missed day of gaming yesterday... It is totally like OhsayOne to do something like that.
    Aww my Xbox knows me so well.

7 out of 39,809. mmm.

Thread Information