Thread: My laptop was stolen. Please read.

Default My laptop was stolen. Please read.

I just posted this (minus some edits) in the mod forums.

My laptop was stolen from the PAX Amtrak, somewhere around Albany, Oregon.

My PAX pics, except for a small few still on my camera or uploaded to Photobucket, are just gone. A lot of my writing for my games and cartoons is gone. My pitch pages from the panel are gone, but can be remade with some work. Almost 50 faceplates not yet added to the database are gone, not likely to be found again. Numerous photos of "variation" plates like autograph plates, and countless additional photos of plates already posted are gone.

The F word would need to be eighteen letters long to express my opinion on this matter.

I am, quite simply, devestated. I'd rather caught the Swine Flu, which, by the way, might still be a possibility since I believe there were people on the PAX train who got it. I hope to F the guy who got my laptop gets a Grade-A case of it.

I would like to say that I have some of the PAX Train and FPA@PAX faceplates left, and if you want to get one, or a spare, the money will go towards a replacement laptop, but that's not true. I still have the bill for those plates PLUS the cost of a new laptop. Simply selling the plates won't solve my laptop problem, but at LEAST it will leave me with only one bill instead of two.

- Ed
    OK, so first of all, if you want a PAX Train or FPA@PAX plate, PM me. I still have the #1/25 plates of both styles that I was hoping to get signed at PAX, but I never got anywhere close to Gabe or Tycho. I'm asking $150 each for those two plates, and $20 each plus $5 shipping (per order) for the other numbers.

I also took Microsoft Carbon Fiber plates to PAX to get signed. I took them so they would match the Canadian Charity plates that were sold a couple of years ago. Here's what I got:

Wil Wheaton, blogger, former cast member of "Star Trek: The Next Generation" as Wesley Crusher. He signed a plate, but the plate has damage to the synch button that I will try to repair. Honestly, I wouldn't mind keeping this one with the damage because he was on the pitch panel when I pitched my game. He did sign my pitch book also, though.

Jonathan Coulton, singer, musician and songwriter. Created the "Still Alive" song by GLaDOS from "Portal."

All three members of the Rockband featured band, Freezepop. They signed two plates, one of which will be sold for the Child's Play charity via eBay auction soon. (I have to deal with the laptop issue first.)

Underwater Mario plate in Dark Blue.

NES Console plate.

White plate with red Nintendo logo.

Muppet Show "Animal"

Plus I still have four of the five Swedish Exclusive plates. "Game Over" is gone.

I also have two plates signed by one of the guys from the band "Boys Like Girls." However, I promised them that both plates would go for charity auction, so I will do that when I do the other one. (One at a time). Sadly, only one guy signed before they were whisked away by van.

I just spent three days getting those signatures, and then have to give them up like this.... SUCKS. Then to add salt to the wound, Floppy Brown chose NOW to sell the Mr. A plate I've wanted for two straight years. Not his fault, just really really bad timing for ME.

I'm going to check out the last couple of threads in here with recent posts and then go to bed. I'm running on two hours of sleep in about 48 hours.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

I forgot to point out that one other thing I lost was my tracking file of money I've been payed and plates that I still owe people. I know I owe JB a number of plates, mostly autographed customs and a controller. I know I owe two plates to tinytoonsbuster and $50 back to moltenluv. If I owe you money or a plate, please let me know.

Man... sucks about your laptop... sucks hard.

It's way too late to mention this, but once you get your new laptop, get Jungle Disk and some space on AmazonS3... losing a laptop is one thing... losing the data is way worse.

I deal with it all the time in my line of work... if you want some advice on how to set something up cheap and reliable, drop me a PM... Variation will vouch for me, I'm good people.

Again, sorry about the laptop... maybe they'll find the ****bite?

That's really unfortunate. Hope you manage to get it replaced soon. There's some real grade A ***holes out there.

That sucks to hear. I hate thieves. Some of the scum of the earth, IMO. File the police report (I know it's mostly useless but works sometimes, not for my t.v. but hey) and just remember, karma's a b***h, he'll get his.

Gamerscore Whore

Hey Spaceghost, what a way to end such a great weekend. Man, that just sucks! Best of luck getting everything straightened out. And for those that dont know him personally or have not met him, he really does not deserve to have something like this happen to him. He's a Grade A guy all around and its always a pleasure to hang out with him at these events.

Really sucks man!!

Default Ugh!

That just sucks. What is wrong with people.

I use the Carbonite service and it works well for backing up my data. A little costly but it works and has unlimited space. You can usually find a 20% off coupon if you search Google.

I had a 250 GB External HDD on its way, but it didn't get here in time. STILL not here, come to mention it.

Quote Originally Posted by sw0rdfish View Post
    I deal with it all the time in my line of work... if you want some advice on how to set something up cheap and reliable, drop me a PM... Variation will vouch for me, I'm good people.
    Absolutely, you have been vouched.

Hope you find it or the scum who took it Ed. Goodluck
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

I live in Oregon so if you give me information on it I can get some lost & found ads going on.

Hopefully that laptop wasn't the only place where you had your information on. Sucks though spacey, he'll get his.

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

tis117.com

dang dude that blows i would be soooo pissed if someone stole my laptop i would probably hunt them down cause i have a custom case on mine and its easy to find and not easily taken off hope u get the money you need to get a new laptop best of luck old friend

A lot of my writing for my games and cartoons is gone.
    I have all our emails with the pictures too.
    I feel very guilty for not spending more time ( I do spend but very little at the moment ) on what we talked the last months and year.
    Do you need me to send you back the emails with the pictures too?

Quote Originally Posted by gh0st_r1der View Post
    I have all our emails with the pictures too.
    I feel very guilty for not spending more time ( I do spend but very little at the moment ) on what we talked the last months and year.
    Do you need me to send you back the emails with the pictures too?
    I had some up on Photobucket, and Christoph still had some.

The stuff I'm lamenting the most is all of the artwork I had gathered to use to print faceplates. I have to redo it all, or just do without it. Like the Marvel vs. Capcom image I worked so hard on. If I want another plate like that, I have to just start the artwork over from scratch.

I haven't forgotten that I owe you a PGR4 plate, either.

Angry

People have no life..Sorry to hear that happened to you!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from Vampero on www.twitch.tv

Thread Information