Thread: Some advice, to allign a faceplate

Default Some advice, to allign a faceplate

Hi, I had a question. I'm just new to this forum and I see that it's possible now to make your own faceplate design and I can order it here. You have to use a program to make your faceplate, but you can't allign things.

For example if I want the button of the faceplate to be black I can't allign it with that program and it probably would be off when I ordered the plate.

Is there a good 1 on 1 template, I can send to xboxaddict faceplate maker, without having to use that web editor. I'd rather make it with illustrator and photoshop.

I have some ideas and would love to try it out. ^Made that one a couple years ago just for fun. I'm curious how they come out.

Quote Originally Posted by El Grave View Post
    Hi, I had a question. I'm just new to this forum and I see that it's possible now to make your own faceplate design and I can order it here. You have to use a program to make your faceplate, but you can't allign things.

For example if I want the button of the faceplate to be black I can't allign it with that program and it probably would be off when I ordered the plate.

Is there a good 1 on 1 template, I can send to xboxaddict faceplate maker, without having to use that web editor. I'd rather make it with illustrator and photoshop.

I have some ideas and would love to try it out. ^Made that one a couple years ago just for fun. I'm curious how they come out.
    they can get them exact if you order in larger quantities. Like if you wanted ten plates, we'd do it through their production process and they'll line up perfectly.

But when you do it through the manual process, there's isn't a way to line it up perfectly. There's also not a way to make the power button black unless you incorporate it into the design, and then same thing... it's not likely they'll get it dead on.

I have a plate I've been trying to get centered properly without color issues since before E3 and I still don't have one. It's the trade off for even being able to do a single plate, I guess. I have plenty of plates that are fine. It's just the ones that need very exact placement, like images JUST on the mem card doors and that kind of thing.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    they can get them exact if you order in larger quantities. Like if you wanted ten plates, we'd do it through their production process and they'll line up perfectly.

But when you do it through the manual process, there's isn't a way to line it up perfectly. There's also not a way to make the power button black unless you incorporate it into the design, and then same thing... it's not likely they'll get it dead on.

I have a plate I've been trying to get centered properly without color issues since before E3 and I still don't have one. It's the trade off for even being able to do a single plate, I guess. I have plenty of plates that are fine. It's just the ones that need very exact placement, like images JUST on the mem card doors and that kind of thing.
    Ah thanku for the fast reply.

Hmmm that's ashame, but guess I have to make designs that don't need very accurate allignment. And maybe paint the mem card en power button my self @ home afterwards. I think I will give it a try when I have some time to design something nice.

Do you use the web image editor? Or dou you have a .ps template you use and send to them? That would be so much easier and better. Then I could make a design at 300dpi and send the original template file, without having to import it in the web editor.

I don't really have any input on the matter other than I hate Thundercats... heh.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by El Grave View Post
    Ah thanku for the fast reply.

Hmmm that's ashame, but guess I have to make designs that don't need very accurate allignment. And maybe paint the mem card en power button my self @ home afterwards. I think I will give it a try when I have some time to design something nice.

Do you use the web image editor? Or dou you have a .ps template you use and send to them? That would be so much easier and better. Then I could make a design at 300dpi and send the original template file, without having to import it in the web editor.
    I edit in Gimp, and move things around until they look good on the design studio template. A warning: get your image placed as accurately as possible, and then move it "up" just a hair.

I would LOVE IT if they would post a template and allow customers to email them with the template as an option besides using the studio. Sadly, unless you want multiple plates (like ten or more) that won't happen. That is how we did the XBX, FPA@PAX and PAX Train plates.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Thread Information