Thread: how much is to much?

Question how much is to much?

How much xbox is to much? I know I play 5+ hours on a normal day.

PunkBuster Support Guru Batman2372's Avatar

Default It depends on what else is in your life

For me, that would be WAY too much. That would mean when I came home from work, I'd be playing until 11:00 pm. That means no time for my wife or just about anything else...

The more I think about it... 5 hours a day is too much for anyone. Get out and do something... there's so much more to life than just staring at a box pretending to do something. Get out there and ACTUALLY DO IT. It's so much cooler. It's a bit harder, but it's so much better.
    "Who are you?"

"I'm...

yeah the xbox is the greatest thing since sliced bread but, 5 hrs. is a bit to much! I have just way to much to do, and girlfriends to please. I would love to have that much time to play each day, but I think I would also get burnt out to soon!

i usually play for about an hour a day, i play for like 20 min when i get home from school, then like 40 minutes after dinner. you should get outside, i dont really get outside that often, but when i do, im playin golf, and its fun, probly as fun as playin xbox, maybe even more fun!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

If I'm not working or doing activities with my best friend (my wife), I am playing my XBox. I usually play anwhere from a quick 30min - 1 hour session...or an organized game session between 3-8 hours!

All I can say is Halo via Gamespy! When you get a few dudes, a case of frosty beverages, and playing Halo on Gamespy on a 43" Widescreen HDTV, only good times are at hand!

Originally posted by Tk421

I couldn't agree more. Except I don't drink. BTW Maximus what's in those American beer? 1 or 2 percent?
    hehe...Admittingly, I don't drink to get wasted...Though, a solid beer buzz is always a pleasure!

aka DanieLudacris aka DL

Default Hella long

5 hours?! Do you go outside?
    When I am not playing xbox (1hr mon-fri, 4hr weekend) i am either playing baseball, with my friends or with my girlfriend.
    I play baseball too much, like an addict. I want to know how to even try out for the minors and work my way up.

think about that... only a 5 hour work day, making at least 2 million dollars a year, only for half a year. If that was for me I would buy a lot of xbox games.

*back in reality

That is just a dream. anyway, i think 5 hours is way too much, for me anyway...

hey, maximus. as soon as i get cable we should go one on one in slayer or oddball or something. like 50 frags.

Default xbox rehab?

i usually play for 8-9hrs with only taking bathroom and food breaks.dont get me wrong i work hard and have a decent social life but i cant get enough xbox...what i usually do is after work go out with friends and try to crash out as late as possible then sleep half way through the day wake up go buy a game and then ply till me knees hurt from siting crosslegged so long.the longeest i have gone with xbox was when i first got the system and halo i think i played for like 12-13hrs with only a 2 hrs intermission after 8hrs then went right back for the 5hr round 2(imm not posting to brag [far from it] but posting for those out there like me who think they are freaks)well mabey we are..at least your not the only ones.
    ps will this kind off play damage my xbox??it is in a very well ventilated stable metal surface and i follow the manuals care instuctions to the T.if so what can i do to avoid any damage i have a bunch of extra computer fans could they help in any way?
    Last edited by homer; 03-12-2002 at 11:53 AM.
    for those of you who work for gaming companies it has always been my dream job to work for a video game company...ill take any job no matter how small please email if interested i have ideas for some really unique games and hardware

Default Re: Hella long

Originally posted by DanieLudacris
    hey, maximus. as soon as i get cable we should go one on one in slayer or oddball or something. like 50 frags.
    Sounds good, dude! Name the time and place, and I will be there with a Rocket Launcher on!!

Talking

Originally posted by Tk421

I couldn't agree more. Except I don't drink. BTW Maximus what's in those American beer? 1 or 2 percent?
    American beer has plenty. As much as the foreign ones, my friend. Get your hands on a good microbrew like Dominion or Foggy Bottom in my area, and you're drinkin' good beer. I love drinking beer for the taste and its effects!

I gotta say, nothing better than multiplayer halo or simpsons road rage as a drinking game! Not that I condone that sort of thing...
    The problem with being better than everyone else is that they tend to assume you're prententious.

Hidden Content

Originally posted by baggachipz

American beer has plenty. As much as the foreign ones, my friend. Get your hands on a good microbrew like Dominion or Foggy Bottom in my area, and you're drinkin' good beer. I love drinking beer for the taste and its effects!

I gotta say, nothing better than multiplayer halo or simpsons road rage as a drinking game! Not that I condone that sort of thing...
    Excellent post...it practically brought a tear to my eye!

**Sniffle Sniffle** **Tear drop**

OKAY OKAY!! Ya got me! I love you, man!

Originally posted by Maximus

Excellent post...it practically brought a tear to my eye!

**Sniffle Sniffle** **Tear drop**

OKAY OKAY!! Ya got me! I love you, man!
    LOL!

You're still not getting my Bud Light
    The problem with being better than everyone else is that they tend to assume you're prententious.

Hidden Content

right now 3-5 hrs if i dont work and once PSO 2 comes out prabaly about 15 hrs on non school days and all night on school days i cant wait until PSO 2 comes out.

PunkBuster Support Guru Batman2372's Avatar

Default Might want to look at this

I found it funny that this article came out yesterday and was posted on FARK.com

<A href="http://content.health.msn.com/content/article/3606.1211">http://content.health.msn.com/content/article/3606.1211</A>

Some of yall might want to take a look.
    "Who are you?"

"I'm...

ive had 100% alcohol vodka, i got wasted after one drink. haha, j/k

aka DanieLudacris aka DL

Wink

Yeah, I took a swig of that §h|+ before the end of a SF Demons game. I puked when I got home. I gave the bottle to my brother and he took it home.

but oh god, it is bitter.

Thread Information