Thread: Looking to bulk buy plain plates

Default Looking to bulk buy plain plates

Hey guys, Im a staff member over at www.trueachievements.com and I came up with a community idea to buy 250 white or black faceplate's then to spray are logo onto the plate. For this we will need the 250 plates and I couldn't think of anywhere better to check. If the site helps with the transaction we will also be able to sponsor you.
    Last edited by SkillfulMmd; 01-13-2010 at 09:16 AM.

Your best bet is eBay. You can usually find someone with a lot for sale. Sometimes if you message them and tell them you want a bulk order they may even hook you up with a break of some sorts.

I tried for three years to track down the supplier who made them for MS in 200 ct. boxes and was never successful - and that's with contacts at Microsoft.

You can get a few at a time from ebayers, and some of them might have pretty good sized lots.

The problem is that spray paint eats the plastic. You have to spray them with a plastic friendly primer first to seal the plates against the other paint. In that case, you can use any plate, and just spray it with a white primer. Then you could spray it any color. Then you could spray on the stencil. then you should spray a sealer.

Question: How much did you want to spend per plate? Considering shipping cost, all of the supplies and the time and energy going into the plates, I can probably get 250 of them printed for you professionally for around the same price. Also by printing them, you can get a lot more creative with backgrounds and such instead of one color stencil on a white plate.

Painted plate:

Printed plate:

Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Well the problem is we wont have anyone to verify the plates and we wanted to go with a large wall design and it would be easier for you to give us a price.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillfulMmd View Post
    Well the problem is we wont have anyone to verify the plates and we wanted to go with a large wall design and it would be easier for you to give us a price.
    What do you mean by "verifying the plates?"

What do you mean by "large wall design?"

I sent you a quote in your PM box.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    What do you mean by "verifying the plates?"

What do you mean by "large wall design?"

I sent you a quote in your PM box.
    we want someone from the staff team to be there when the plates are done and the original idea is to have all 250 lined up on a wall/floor and to spread the large design across all of the plates.

Quote Originally Posted by SkillfulMmd View Post
    we want someone from the staff team to be there when the plates are done and the original idea is to have all 250 lined up on a wall/floor and to spread the large design across all of the plates.
    Ah, like the Gorillaz UK plate. Gotcha.

The UK should have a repair center for consoles. Contact them and ask them if there's a way to get plates.

Repo Man 360

I'd donate plates for the project (if I could get one ) left me know if your interested

Thread Information