Thread: faceplates valuation

Default faceplates valuation

I think faceplates collecting is more and more popular and correct faceplate valuation is way more complex that before.

When looking to get a fair faceplate price I'm considering the following factors:
    Originality, Art style, Color Style, Quality, Rarity, Manufacturing, Materials(and work)

For example: Space's faceplates are covering all those factors ... and I can easily give them higher value that other rare faceplates ( no, i don't want to sell any of Space's faceplates I have)

Any thoughts on this topic?

Thanks

Subject matter certainly falls into importance when building a personal collection, but for investment it's almost totally irrelevant. One of the most valuable faceplates is the War of the World plate, which is a very boring looking plate from a movie that tanked. Its rarity combined with its high profile at places like the Japanese Xbox Lounge are what drives up its value.

Condition plays a small part. The Moto GP06 faceplate in the worst condition will be worth the least money, but still worth more than other mint condition plates.

The hardest part is the availability of plates. Here's a couple of examples:

I got a Final Fantasy XIII faceplate at X10. Sadly, because my entire $1000 tax return was garnished, I was either forced to sell it or skip the Xbox MVP Summit in Seattle. I expected at the time that it was worth $200, and I offered it to someone for that price. Then I changed my mind and figured I would put it on eBay and let bidders decide what it was worth, instead of me.

The good part is, I still got $200 for it, but if the plates become common, I won't feel as bad about it as if I had asked for $200 from one of you. I didn't know they would be available in any other way than at X10 at the time I listed the plate and at the time that the plate closed.

Now you can preorder the FFXIII console bundle at BestBuy.com and you'll get the plate. That STILL requires a $400 investment, and if it's anything like the Tales of Vesperia plate, it could STILL ultimately be worth $200.

Also, there were five Nyko plates that were supposed to be common, but I'd never seen them in a store. Recently, someone on eBay had them as part of a kit with other stuff for about $35. Now they're available loose, with shipping, for less than $10. (Still haven't seen the two black ones listed.)

The Red Naruto plates, the Adidas Blue World Cup plates, the Soul Calibur Darth Vader plates all showed up in larger quantities after being impossible to find for a long period of time. Who knows when someone might clean out the Namco warehouse in Japan and come across boxes of iDolM@ster and Tales of Vesperia plates?
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Thread Information