Thread: did i understand this right microsoft bought rockstar

Question did i understand this right microsoft bought rockstar

is this true or just bull

Default me to...

curious as well... anyone confirm this?

this is all i can find...

Take-Two Interactive Software owned 19.9 percent of Bungie and it also distributed the titles Bungie developed. Take 2 has sold its stake in the company to Microsoft. In return it will get the rights to Myth and Oni.
    Last edited by Zen; 03-12-2002 at 07:41 AM.
    Be one with it

Microsoft bought Rockstar, When did this happen?

I looked up "microsoft" and "rockstar" on yahoo search... and the returns weren't positive about ms acquiring rockstar. There are some rumors... but no. I doubt that Microsoft bought Rockstar.

go here: http://google.yahoo.com/bin/query?p=...star&hc=0&hs=0

Several weeks ago one of the major business magazines (cant remember name) said Microsoft was thinking about attempting to buy out Rockstar games.
    Ever since then no one has made any comments. I highly doubt it has been done thus far, cause you would have heard something offical by now.

I really wish a deal would come through, but dont hold your breaths,... though I want too myself!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Interesting topic...I think I recall hearing rumors of the possibility that Microsoft thinking about buying Rockstar, however, I am positive that they haven't done so. Not yet, anyway.

One thing is for sure, this acquisition would have been all over the gaming news! Because this would be HUGE for the XBox....

i think all of your are not understanding whats really going on here. That gamespot article was just telling us that:

Also as part of the deal Microsoft has bought Take-Two Interactive's 19.9 percent equity interest in Bungie. In August 1999, Take-Two Interactive took a stake in Bungie and secured exclusive North American distribution rights to four Bungie titles, including Halo, Oni, and two undisclosed projects. In addition, Take-Two's Rockstar Games had obtained rights to publish video game versions of these games.

Take-Two now has acquired all rights to Bungie's Myth, Myth II, and Oni. Oni for the PC and Mac will be published by Gathering of Developers, and Oni for PlayStation 2 by Rockstar. Take-Two has also received the right to royalty-free use of Halo's engine for two games. The Myth series of real-time tactically oriented games is said to have sold over 1 million copies, and Gathering of Developers plans to publish additional games in the series

Microsoft bought Take-2s share of bungie.

All it takes is one dumb ass that doesnt know how to read to start up such a hot rumor.

This is info from JUNE 2000
    Old old old.....

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by JJaX

Old old old.....
    Man! That's older than my Grandpa's buckskin condom!

All it takes is one dumb ass that doesnt know how to read to start up such a hot rumor.

Old old old.....
    jjax! chill out son! Just correct these new cats, some of them probably just dont do enough research.
    Dont run away the cool cats, just run away the member haters!

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll

jjax! chill out son! Just correct these new cats, some of them probably just dont do enough research.
    Dont run away the cool cats, just run away the member haters!

Im jsut in a real bad mood right now. THats probaly why all my post are negative. Ma BAd.......

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Im jsut in a real bad mood right now. THats probaly why all my post are negative. Ma BAd.......
    It's all good jjax, is it that time of the month sunshine?
    I had this chick over my crib over da weekend. She left some maxi-pads & tampons. You want me to mail you some?
    Like that dudes sending waximus a game, I want to give back to the members too.
    I want to ship you a first class maxi-pad since your one of my favorite XBA bro's!

Dude, if this is true... SONY WOULD HAVE NO GOOD DEVELOPERS, okay maybe some but this would be tyte. We would have State of Emergency, GTA, Smugglers Run and a lot of really tyte games all to ourselfs.....XBOX RULES

Thread Information