Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Almost time to "dust" that game off...

Thumbs up Almost time to "dust" that game off...

I know we all know about it after reading our current OXM but doesnt it feel good to know you can dust off that DOA3 game that has been collecting mad crazy dust after the first week you played it!?

I must say, I tip my sword to Tecmo for giving back to the Xbox loyal owners. And it's FREE!!! IN the June issue of OXM that will be available in May!

Check out what da "spot" had to say.

note to self: ** now where is that copy of DOA3?.... Oh their it is!! In the closet next to my 3DO, Atari Jaguar, & Virtual Boy!!!

hehehe, j/k yo!

Tecmo's "booster disc" for Dead or Alive 3 will be available in May.

Tecmo has announced that the Dead or Alive 3 "booster disc" will be available in the June issue of the Official Xbox Magazine, which goes on sale May 7. The disc will contain a new movie, as well as new costumes for various Dead or Alive 3 characters, but players will need the full version of Dead or Alive 3 in order to access the new content. However, a new playable demo of Dead or Alive 3 will also be included on the disc for those who do not own the game.
    "The booster disc is my way of personally thanking gamers for supporting Dead or Alive 3," said Tomonobu Itagaki, creator of the Dead or Alive series. "We developed Dead or Alive 3 first and foremost for the US market. When we created this bonus material for the Japanese and European versions of DOA3, we didn't want American gamers to feel left out. That's why we're offering these extras free of charge. It's a win-win situation for everybody. Of course, the only system on which this is possible is the Xbox, thanks to the built-in hard drive."

i would dust it off..
    but i am buying it this week...
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Those dudes at Tecmo are great....good article, Ninja. It was very well written and very complimentary to all of us DOA3 consumers. Eventhough I don't own the game, I think it's great for people that do to be able to add other things to the current game by this booster disc.

And, what a great example of what lies ahead for XBox!! Seriously! With this type of leadership Tecmo is presenting, I think it's great in that I hope Bungie follows them in their footsteps and does a little adding in Halo, including on-line play for this Summer's on-line forum!

I think I'm going to name my first child "booster disc"....hmmm

YOOOO MAX!!@
    i cant wait for online play either....
    and this week i am buying doa 3 used...
    hehe...then i jus need to get the booster disc...
    i wish bungie made a booster disc to get halo online properly...
    and maybe add some more cool stuff...
    hehe...
    peace...
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61

I dont see why a few new outfits is such a big deal. Its still DOA3s lame gameplay.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

YO!!
    JJAx
    its not all bout the costumes...
    this addon disc is revolutionary for all consoles!
    and it starts with the xbox....the greatest console to date...
    and it keeps gettin better with time...such as online play coming this summer some time...and games like unreal championship and project ego....i mean PE is gonna be one of the most open-ended games in history and UC will be crazy online.....
    so its not all bout the costumes...
    its bout the revolutionary idea of the hd in a console with the choice of developers making booster discs to improve the game slightly!!!!

peace
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61

Originally posted by E-Xbox
    YO!!
    JJAx
    its not all bout the costumes...
    this addon disc is revolutionary for all consoles!
    and it starts with the xbox....the greatest console to date...
    and it keeps gettin better with time...such as online play coming this summer some time...and games like unreal championship and project ego....i mean PE is gonna be one of the most open-ended games in history and UC will be crazy online.....
    so its not all bout the costumes...
    its bout the revolutionary idea of the hd in a console with the choice of developers making booster discs to improve the game slightly!!!!

peace

Thats very true

But my point is the fact that its still DOA3. *YaawN*

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Post Hi

Yooohooo (camp little wave)

I get the impression that you guys dont like DOA3. I have preordered it and will be playing it this Friday. All the reviews I have read seem to praise it.

Would you mind outlining whats wrogn with it?

Thank youuuu

Mr.XboxLover
    -=Vive Les Xbox=-

DOA has gotten criticism because:

A) the AI is too easy to beat.
    B) the difference in combat effectiveness for "button mashers" and those who have mastered a couple combos "intermediate button mashers" is small

A lot of people who are used to learning one or two combos and one counter are disappointed. They can stomp on the computer but occassionally get whooped by some newbie.

This game has GREAT multiplayer capabilities and amazing graphics. Additionally, the expansion will have more than new costumes. It's also supposed to have 50 NEW MOVES and one NEW END SEQUENCE. If you've fallen in love with this game because you've taken the time to master one or a couple characters, the xpack will be awesome.

Default Re: Hi

Originally posted by Mr.XboxLover
    Yooohooo (camp little wave)

I get the impression that you guys dont like DOA3. I have preordered it and will be playing it this Friday. All the reviews I have read seem to praise it.

Would you mind outlining whats wrogn with it?

Thank youuuu

Mr.XboxLover

The gameplay is weak.
    The fighting unbalanced.
    Its far to easy to counter
    button mashers can easily win
    button mashers who understand counters can be good players
    no depth
    cant grab when stunned
    can counter when stunned
    cant hit them when there down, unless you do a downed attack
    fights are to short
    all moves have the same effect but look slightly different
    every combo is either a lot og highs, or 2 highs then 2 lows.
    lots of the moves are useless and wont really be used
    there "3d" fighting is way to "2d"

The list goes on and on and on and on..........

trust me, After being blessed with Soul caliburs greatness i cant go back to a medicore fighting title. I guess ive been spoiled.
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 03-12-2002 at 11:55 AM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

I agree, it's awesome that they are releasing an add-on, no matter how small or trivial. It is a great precedent that I hope other developers will soon follow <Hint, hint, HALO or Rallisport>.
    I just hope that the big wigs don't turn it all into a huge marketing scheme and start charging us for upgrades that would have otherwise been included for free.

Bring on the Halo add on disk.

Default Thanks

Thanks,

I have just been reading XBM magazine and its lists all the moves for every character. To me it seems that you have to button bash becasue there are too many moves to master a single character.

Thanks for all your help

Mr.XboxLover
    -=Vive Les Xbox=-

Default Re: Thanks

Originally posted by Mr.XboxLover
    Thanks,

I have just been reading XBM magazine and its lists all the moves for every character. To me it seems that you have to button bash becasue there are too many moves to master a single character.

Thanks for all your help

Mr.XboxLover
    Im not saying dont buy the game

Im just saying, If you have proir fighting game experience this game falls short in many places. You might enjoy this. I didnt, but thats just me.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

The Frew-its of the Devil

Dust it off? My friends and I play it all the time. The game is fun, if you have friends to play it with.
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

Originally posted by JJaX
    I dont see why a few new outfits is such a big deal. Its still DOA3s lame gameplay.
    The big deal? It's more than just a couple new costumes jjax.
    All new moves will be implemented as well as a new movie (or 2) also.
    Dude, please dont write off Tecmo. True the game gets tiring after a week or so, but you gotta give them dawgs over at Team Ninja props for being the first to give back to the Xbox fans!

Originally posted by JimmieDoogan
    Dust it off? My friends and I play it all the time. The game is fun, if you have friends to play it with.
    Then 6 minutes later you realize you could be playing halo.......

Bye bye DoA

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by mahalan
    DOA has gotten criticism because:

A) the AI is too easy to beat.
    B) the difference in combat effectiveness for "button mashers" and those who have mastered a couple combos "intermediate button mashers" is small

A lot of people who are used to learning one or two combos and one counter are disappointed. They can stomp on the computer but occassionally get whooped by some newbie.

This game has GREAT multiplayer capabilities and amazing graphics. Additionally, the expansion will have more than new costumes. It's also supposed to have 50 NEW MOVES and one NEW END SEQUENCE. If you've fallen in love with this game because you've taken the time to master one or a couple characters, the xpack will be awesome.

VERY well said mahalan, you saved me the trouble of giving my explination that you wrote.
    The Tecmo DOA series has the potential to be a force in the fighting game gerne, but Team Ninja doesnt seem to want the game to be serious. I think they just want a game any Billy Bob or Joe Shmow can jsut pick up and get into.

Any who, im looking forward to this booster disc even though DOA3 is not one of my favorite fighters.

Im like this, wheather you love or hate DOA3 you gotta have respect for Tecmo for going something FREE for the fans.
    Hopefully other developers of other Xbox gamees will follow Tecmo's lead and give their respective games some much needed reply value.

On that note, does anyone think the chicks in DOA3's booster disc will be anymore half naked with the new outfits!?

Originally posted by JJaX

Then 6 minutes later you realize you could be playing halo.......

Bye bye DoA
    LOL, jjax- you trip me out bro! We all know Halo is god of the Xbox mix, but there are other games out there aswell junior!
    If we only talk about & played Halo 24/7 then this forum board would be boring as hell!

DOA3 is lacking, no doubt,. Just give Tecmo some respect for giving back to the Xbox fans, sunshine!

Sheeeeeeeeesh some people are never satisfied.

I only speak the truFT. I speaking on behalf of real life experiences.

Hey we got 2 xboxs hooked up, linked up, in 2 different rooms, mad controllers and drunk people. Halo sounds bangin compared to button mashing through a weak ass title. Im sorry but DOA SuCKS!

Bring me soul calibur 2!!!!!!!!!

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Thread Information