Thread: Custom Printed Faceplate Update

Default Custom Printed Faceplate Update

I placed an order for about ten printed plates three weeks ago, and they arrived today. I can say, for those of you who have had issues, that there is a 95% improvement in the plates.

1) My plates came in a large box with cardboard dividers. I dont' know how you will get them if you just do one or two, but for a number of plates, instead of coming in a bag, I'm VERY happy.

2) Colors are nice and bright and not washed out.

3) Plates are much better quality. No untrimmed plastic, no i/r port flopping around in the bag, and all doors open smoothly.

The only thing of which I have an issue is the darker plates. I had three plates that included a lot of black: Star Wars, Mass Effect and CoD:MW2. Most of the detail was lost on these plates. My star field on the Star Wars plate has one star. It could be a contrast issue.

My solution, and I'm going to try this so I'm not saying "this works" yet, is to lighten the image when it's really dark. I will try the CoD:MW2 plate again, because it's for someone else, and let you know if I fixed the problem.

I have some errands to run, then I'll come back with pictures.

One of these may be my new favorite plate. You'll see in a bit.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Repo Man 360

Can't wait to see the new plates!

The Secrets of Isis and The Greatest American Hero are plates taht will be in my "TV Superhero" Collection. I am going to send them off to be autographed. In the future, I will be adding Batman (Adam West), Robin (Burt Ward), The Incredible Hulk (Lou Ferigno) and Spider Man (Nicholas Hammond). Maybe Swamp Thing (D ick Duroch, right?) Isis was fro, the early 70's and was part of the Shazam/Isis hour. I forgot, I am going to do a Shazam plate, too (Jackson Bostwick).

The Mass Effect plate with the geth Legion and the Star Wars plate are two of the plates where the black overpowered some of the detail but they still look good.

The last plate features a number of ambum covers and images of Tom Lehrer, novelty musician, pianist, composer, political satirist, etc. He was a staple of the Dr. Demento show. I made this one to try to get autographed, too.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 04-29-2010 at 10:20 PM.

The top two feature Elika from Prince of Persia and Kari Wahlgren, who voiced the character. i made three plates which she signed, and then she asked me to make her one. My laptop with the original art was stolen, so I redid the art using a better picture. So, hers is one of a kind.

Hello Kitty is a printed plate with a vinyl keychain figure attached to the power button.

I'm hoping to get R* to make some RDR plates, and the Resonance of Fate plate came out way better than I could have hoped. I may sell it and make another.

Lastly, here's a plate I'm just going to link. It's Tricia Helfer, Cylon Number Six/Caprica Six from Battlestar Galactica. Most likely NSFW but not too bad to post here, so I did it as a link.

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b3...s/CIMG3399.jpg

Default Re: Custom Printed Faceplate Update

That mass effect plate looks awesome! Any chance you're selling any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    [CENTER]Hidden Content
    Thanks Donatello for the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeps5 View Post
    That mass effect plate looks awesome! Any chance you're selling any?

Yes, I'll be listing a couple later this afternoon.

Default Re: Custom Printed Faceplate Update

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA

Yes, I'll be listing a couple later this afternoon.
    Ah ok, eBay?

[CENTER]Hidden Content

yeah.

Well I payed for the geth plate. In my opinion it will look awesome because I have a blue light for the center of the ring. So it will shine blue with the blue already on the plate.
    [CENTER]Hidden Content

I haven't updated eBay yet, but all three plates that sold are on the way to their respective owners. I shipped them out the next day.

Thread Information