Thread: New xbox 360 = end of current faceplates ?

Default New xbox 360 = end of current faceplates ?

hi all,
    i was wondering...
    With the new console design i guess old faceplates won't work with the new console. Or will they ?

Does the "new" 360 even allow faceplate changing ?

Just wondering...

PS

They won't work on the new 360 and there is no faceplates for the new 360..
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from Vampero on www.twitch.tv

Quote Originally Posted by Floppy Brown View Post
    hi all,
    i was wondering...
    With the new console design i guess old faceplates won't work with the new console. Or will they ?

Does the "new" 360 even allow faceplate changing ?

Just wondering...

PS
    no faceplates for the slims. If you look, the eject button is a touch button molded into the face.

I REALLY want one of the new controllers. They are all black with a chrome guide button. Look sick.

Anyone want to sell/swap me one?

Does anyone have a picture that compares the size of the two?
    [CENTER]Hidden Content
    Thanks Donatello for the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Steeps5 View Post
    Does anyone have a picture that compares the size of the two?
    Front page of XBA
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Doesn't seem like a big change in size. More USB ports though =P
    [CENTER]Hidden Content
    Thanks Donatello for the sig!

Quote Originally Posted by Variation-XBA View Post
    Front page of XBA
    Wow... Not really much of a difference in size.

Also, can I use Kineck on the original 360? Or do I have to spend money on another bull**** system in order to play this?
    Last edited by laughs; 06-15-2010 at 12:57 PM.

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by laughs View Post
    Wow... Not really much of a difference in size.

Also, can I use Kineck on the original 360? Or do I have to spend money on another bull**** system in order to play this?
    All Xbox's are ready for use with Kineck.

What's your gamertag or just add me. I had you on my list but I may have deleted you one night.
    GT= WickedD365

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_d365 View Post
    All Xbox's are ready for use with Kineck.

What's your gamertag or just add me. I had you on my list but I may have deleted you one night.
    GT= WickedD365
    Deleted me because you're an asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

laughs2907 I believe. I probably won't be on until this weekend, or Monday... But either way, I'll add/accept/make lover to you or whatever

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

Quote Originally Posted by laughs View Post
    Deleted me because you're an asssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

laughs2907 I believe. I probably won't be on until this weekend, or Monday... But either way, I'll add/accept/make lover to you or whatever
    Maybe if you log on more than once every 18 years!
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

So the new Xbox 360 means the end of our hobby as we know it? I still have a few blank faceplates I wanted to paint on. I guess nothing can last forever.

The new way to customize the console would be to detail the whole case.

I think this will make your guys's hobby even more expensive lol, hopefully it's not the end, maybe they'll include the slim's hardware into the regular future 360's and produce the larger and slim versions both, but Sony never did that so I don't think microsoft will.

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

I was going to make a thread, but I guess I'll use this one.

The new Xbox is glossy black and the front of the box does not come off. It also has touch sensitive buttons (is the right term "capacitive?") which probably means that you wont' be able to skin them, either.

I will have one of these consoles next week where I can get a better look at it.

I do know that they are 15% smaller, have vents on the sides over the motherboard, still have an external power supply and the power brick is only 130w.

The hard drive plugs into the end under a vent. It seems to me that if they wanted a $199 Arcade version, all they would have to do is ship the same unit, accessories and all, without the HDD.

The good part is that there are still 40 million "old skool 360's" out there, and will be for a while. And, like most collectibles, as they get older, they will become of interest to different people. Many collectors don't start collecting something until its ten years old.

Pavel, nice to see you again, and I would say go ahead and paint those plates. I pimped plates to a lot of people at E3 and interest was high.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Touch Sensitive? Something like the PS3's eject and power buttons? Where it's not an actual button but you put your finger on it for a second or two and it starts the console or ejects the disc?

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ainokeatoo-XBA View Post
    Touch Sensitive? Something like the PS3's eject and power buttons? Where it's not an actual button but you put your finger on it for a second or two and it starts the console or ejects the disc?
    Only eject is touch. Everything else is the same. Still have to actually press the power and sync buttons.

Only eject is touch. Everything else is the same. Still have to actually press the power and sync buttons.
    Ah, lazy microsoft, but eh, the power button on the ps3 is actually very annoying seeing as it's a real arms length away from my seat so I usually have to reach over and hold it for a little bit lol.

No, the power button is also touch.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Variation-XBA View Post
    No, the power button is also touch.
    WOOOH Go Var! I feel like getting one now, and taking apart my old one to try and pimp it out and what not XD It'll look sexy standing in front of my fat Ps3 and PC.

I'll know more when I get mine next week. Stores around here are getting pretty good quantities and selling them as fast as they get them. For instance, one store I visit all the time received 18 consoles and sold them all by the end of the day.

The touch sensitive controls also generate a small chime so you know if you hit it or not.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

20. Thread Information