Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any original XBOX collectors out there?

Thats an unbelievable group of XBOX memorabilia! I have been hunting down every available XBOX rarity for years and can't say that I have anything in the same league as you. Some of the items you have are true pieces of gaming history. I'm blown away!

Thanks very much for your reply on the launch edition units. Unfortunately, I have come across some fakes including some very good fakes, so I am trying to put together all the known facts about these units. I've found that information isn't easy to come by. If there are any facts about these units you can share it would be appreciated. Even facts that might seem irrrelevant may be helpful. I have spoken to other MS employees that bought the launch unit and asked them to describe the process they went through to get the unit including how they heard about it, what was available, how it was ordered, and what came in the box including paperwork or other correspondence.

I saw a few of your other posts including the prototype and cards as well as the one regarding value of the first official xbox certification. I'm sorry, but I can't be much help. I have not seen or do not know of anyone else that has a the cards or a prototype similar to yours.

With respect to value of the first certification there isn't anyone that can give you an accurate answer becuase it's a one of a kind item. It could sell for hundreds or thousands depending on when and how you sell it. In my limited experience, the high end xbox collectibles often sell to the same collectors. It seems like I bid against the same people all the time on the truly special xbox items and that isn't the case with other platforms I collect. I suspect it's becuase XBOX isn't as collectible as the older platforms because most of the kids that played them are not yet old enough to have the type of disposable income to drive a wide spead market yet. However, there are enough serious xbox collectors out there to drive this price up to a respectable level if you can let them know about the auction. My only advise is to try and spread the word to get the right people looking at your auction. It's especially important in this case becuase it wouldn't likely be caught in the saved search strings for rare xbox items on eBay. I know that what I have programmed in wouldn't have let me know this item was for sale, so I would have missed it if I didn't hear about it here first. Aside from postings in the xbox forums, you should also consider getting this up on gamesniped.com. I know many collectors of the xbox rarities look there for the unique items. As an aside, if you did put it up for sale, I would be one of the bidders. Anyway, sorry I couldn't be more helpful.

If it were for sale I would definitely bid on it.

Thanks again for the reply. You have some amazing items.

Hi Ed - thx so much for the detailed reply! - I'll take everything you've said under advisement and I'll keep you posted if and when I put any of these items up for sale...

thx again - h

Default Any original XBOX collectors out there?

I have some too but all stored in my garage.

I've since put my Xbox stuff up on eBay (minus the XDK and Halo Test disc);

http://www.ebay.com/itm/200871372512

Hey Ed - I've tried twice to PM you on XA but my sent messages folder is empty - are you receiving any PMs from me?

thx - h

Hi, I have a question I have a translucent green Xbox with a jewel that says "Thanks for Partnering" and has Bill Gates Signature. Would anyone have any info about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Audiman85 View Post
    Hi, I have a question I have a translucent green Xbox with a jewel that says "Thanks for Partnering" and has Bill Gates Signature. Would anyone have any info about it?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Xbox_sp...rtner_Editions

Thx - h

Looks like I missed out on the auction of the year. Oh well. It's not like I had that kind of cash anyway. Congrats Gamemaster!

ex xboxusersgroup.com mod

Hey guys, not sure if anyone checks up on here very often but i have my hopes.
    Used to collect xbox stuff pretty hard and have a couple cool things, a dakota, mt dew xbox (turned on once then put back into the box, and box that it was shipped to me in... i did steal the black S controller from it when one of mine conked out so its not fully complete but there was nothing special about the controller anyway) an e3 2005 major nelson stereo xbox live headset that was thrown to me from the balcony of the xbox party at e3, and bunch of other random stuff that might be of interest. I am trying to sell off so i can get cash for a shortly upcoming trip, so if there is any interest please let me know - i listed the dakota on amazon but the major nelson headset is so rare it's hard to sell on there and ebay it might go unnoticed.
    i can take loads of pictures if anyone has any interest.

I'm pretty new to this whole collecting thing and don't know I have have a piece of crap or something of value. Its a Lotus Xbox original steering wheel with signed books and concept art(almost mint). I'm looking to sell it and don't know where the best place for that would be? Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

It's been a while since I last logged in and it looks like i've missed some great sales. The last post with the Lotus steering wheel is very interesting. Some quick advise. The best place to sell rare items is eBay where you have the biggest possible buying audience. However, its important to do your homework on the item, list it correctly, tell a good story and spread the word in the collecting forums. How did you end up owning it? I would love to see some pictures of it.

Thanks for all the advice, its pot luck that I logged in here after so long to see your reply! I got the wheel off of my dads friend when the Xbox 360 first came out, as I was still using xbox original. I didn't use it much, so in the back of the cupboard it went. I only just found it out a few days before I posted here.

I would be happy to show images, I added them to a WordPress blog(I know its not the conventional method from other posts I've seen) http://forumimages.wordpress.com/

Thanks again,
    Last edited by lucasmelluk; 01-09-2014 at 01:29 AM. Reason: spelling mistake

It looks like a Gamester USA racing wheel. Here is a link to some more information.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00008DWSV

I don't have one, so I am not sure if there is something unique about the one you have. It might be worth some research before you sell it.

Just dump everything to photobucket or any other picture hosting site then link it here

Default Xbox

In the past 2-3 years I have tracked down and purchased two of the orange XBOX Live controllers. I am trying to gather any data available about these controllers and welcome any input from knowledgeable sources. Here are some basic facts gathered from current or former Microsoft employees.

1) The XBOX Live controller was made to celebrate the launch of the XBOX Live service.

2) They were part of an award package given (not sold) to key Microsoft employees that were part of launching the XBOX Live Service. I was told that unlike the launch edition xbox, only Microsoft employees received the XBOX Live controller. I can confirm that Microsoft employees and some 3rd party contractors were allowed to buy the launch edition xbox.

3) The XBOX Live award package was called a "Ship It" award. The Ship it awards from Microsoft were given away to employees during the lauch of various Microsoft products and the award packages are different each time. The Xbox live Ship It award package included the special Orange controller and a personalized lucite plaque. I am trying to find out how many xbox live related ship it awards were handed out during the launch period, but so far no luck. Does anyone know the size of the xbox live project team? Does anyone know what level or title a Microsoft employee needed to have to qualify for the Ship it Awards?

4) The plaque came in a white cardboard box. The controller came in a plastic baggie, but no box.

Does anyone know more about these controllers. I have been trying for years to find out how many were made. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hunter View Post
    In the past 2-3 years I have tracked down and purchased two of the orange XBOX Live controllers. I am trying to gather any data available about these controllers and welcome any input from knowledgeable sources. Here are some basic facts gathered from current or former Microsoft employees.

1) The XBOX Live controller was made to celebrate the launch of the XBOX Live service.

2) They were part of an award package given (not sold) to key Microsoft employees that were part of launching the XBOX Live Service. I was told that unlike the launch edition xbox, only Microsoft employees received the XBOX Live controller. I can confirm that Microsoft employees and some 3rd party contractors were allowed to buy the launch edition xbox.

3) The XBOX Live award package was called a "Ship It" award. The Ship it awards from Microsoft were given away to employees during the lauch of various Microsoft products and the award packages are different each time. The Xbox live Ship It award package included the special Orange controller and a personalized lucite plaque. I am trying to find out how many xbox live related ship it awards were handed out during the launch period, but so far no luck. Does anyone know the size of the xbox live project team? Does anyone know what level or title a Microsoft employee needed to have to qualify for the Ship it Awards?

4) The plaque came in a white cardboard box. The controller came in a plastic baggie, but no box.

Does anyone know more about these controllers. I have been trying for years to find out how many were made. Any additional information would be greatly appreciated.
    Dang, I can't even find one of those controllers, let alone two. Or should I say at least someone that will sell one anyway. >_>

That is pretty much all the information I know about it. I only know of one person that has the "Ship It" plaque you refer to. Maybe your that person, lol.

The only thing I don't know about the controller that I wish was known is if it has a different part number on the back than a regular controller. Maybe you can enlighten? =)

Thats a good question. I believe its the same part number, but I will check and post a photo. I'm traveling for a few days, so I will post a picture over the weekend. It's good to hear from you again. After our brief email exchange I decided to try and track down some more facts about these controllers. I haven't learned anything new so far, but I am still hopeful. I will post anything I learn. Thanks for the reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hunter View Post
    Thats a good question. I believe its the same part number, but I will check and post a photo. I'm traveling for a few days, so I will post a picture over the weekend. It's good to hear from you again. After our brief email exchange I decided to try and track down some more facts about these controllers. I haven't learned anything new so far, but I am still hopeful. I will post anything I learn. Thanks for the reply.
    Well, as much as I would want to know the number made and whatnot I don't think that number exists anymore. I am sure at one point that number existed but just like the original Launch Team Xbox it is all just a guessing game on the number made. In the last 2 months or so I have messaged at least 20+ Microsoft employees trying to find one either for sale or at least more information and have gotten no where. Only two even knew what I was referring to. >_>

Sorry it took me so long to get my act together and reply. I dug out several different S-Type controllers and photographed the part numbers. The orange S-Type matches one of the black S-Type part numbers. Here is a link to the photos:

http://s1180.photobucket.com/user/da...library/S-Type

If there is anything else I can do to help, please let me know. If anyone else has knowledge to share, please do. Thanks to all.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonTar View Post
    Dang, I can't even find one of those controllers, let alone two. Or should I say at least someone that will sell one anyway. >_>

That is pretty much all the information I know about it. I only know of one person that has the "Ship It" plaque you refer to. Maybe your that person, lol.

The only thing I don't know about the controller that I wish was known is if it has a different part number on the back than a regular controller. Maybe you can enlighten? =)

Well I might as well post this here and try to get somewhat of a response to this rather burning question. Does anybody know how many collectible cards were released in the LOTR Fellowship of the ring video game for the Xbox, PS2, PC and Gameboy advance. I have scoured the internet and dug through threads looking for some sort of collectible card checklist for the collectible cards that were included in the retail release of the game. The only thing that I found so far is this rather old and I think defunct website showing what looks like an incomplete card checklist http://lotrcollectornotes.files.word...cter-cards.jpg.

This is the 20 cards that I have.

any info would be helpful.

And Ed I too collect for the original Xbox and also have a complete US Black Label set and Platinum Hits set known to exist With a lot of Variants and limited Editions to boot

Thread Information