Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am scammed...what can I do now?

Here is mine.
    As they were all unique plates, it's different from hers but here it is.

I downloaded the pic and I'll compare it with the database picture (render or whatever) but I can't do it now because I have to go for a few hours.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    I downloaded the pic and I'll compare it with the database picture (render or whatever) but I can't do it now because I have to go for a few hours.
    Any news from PayPal? This post is fascinating and heartbreaking at the same time.

When I bought my Simpsons console I at first thought it was a fake. The console did not look like the press release photo. After doing some research on the web, I confirmed it was real.

The way I see it that the problem is not that is as sticker but that is not one of a kind ( sticker ). Has the original design on the faceplate been mentioned that is painted ? Worst case, the original poster of the faceplate existance made the sticker and not only one but more than one sticker ... so if it is a scam, the origin on both faceplates it is the same.
    The only faceplate I've seen ( from official promoters, not counting painted ones ) not being a sticker is WarOfWorlds ( unfortunately I sold mine) . I spent alot of time examining the faceplate and I'm convinced it is not a sticker.
    The best painted /mixed custom faceplate I have examined closely and not being a sticker in my opinion is WALL-E - kudos to SpaceGhost2K and www.mypainteffect.com

Quote Originally Posted by gh0st_r1der View Post
    The way I see it that the problem is not that is as sticker but that is not one of a kind ( sticker ). Has the original design on the faceplate been mentioned that is painted ? Worst case, the original poster of the faceplate existance made the sticker and not only one but more than one sticker ... so if it is a scam, the origin on both faceplates it is the same.
    The only faceplate I've seen ( from official promoters, not counting painted ones ) not being a sticker is WarOfWorlds ( unfortunately I sold mine) . I spent alot of time examining the faceplate and I'm convinced it is not a sticker.
    The best painted /mixed custom faceplate I have examined closely and not being a sticker in my opinion is WALL-E - kudos to SpaceGhost2K and www.mypainteffect.com
    Yeah, Garrick did an unbelievable job on those plates.

I am happy to say that paypal ruled in my favor after I sent the faceplate back to the buyer. However, paypal said it will take a few weeks for the money to go back to my account.

If it were the real thing, I apologize to the seller however since I can't be sure, I thought it's better for me to send the faceplate back to the buyer and get a refund.

Quote Originally Posted by wasabisabi View Post
    I am happy to say that paypal ruled in my favor after I sent the faceplate back to the buyer. However, paypal said it will take a few weeks for the money to go back to my account.

If it were the real thing, I apologize to the seller however since I can't be sure, I thought it's better for me to send the faceplate back to the buyer and get a refund.
    I agree, that is a lot of money, I'm glad Pay Pal decided to give you back your money because you were not happy with the product you received, even if it wasn't what you expected.

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Sorry to hear that you got scammed. I got scammed once on Ebuy. I bought a PSP a couple years ago and they gave me on that was broken. I was so mad. I am glad that paypal gave you your money back.

Yep, if you're not happy, you did the right thing, whether it was legit or not.

10. Thread Information