Thread: Custom Faceplate ideas?

Kuli the man -*Huberdeau* Rlvers's Avatar

Default Custom Faceplate ideas?

Alright, my sister and I are both sort of artists, and i decided that we should paint some blank faceplates. The only thing is we have no good ideas. Can anybody suggest any ideas? We would also be willing to sell aswell, if interested. But we need some good Faceplate or controller shell ideas.

Some cool Fallout New Vegas art would be challenging and fun to see
    For Custom Orders Please Visit Our MySpace:
    Hidden Content
    OR
    E-mail Us:

Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Air Effex View Post
    Some cool Fallout New Vegas art would be challenging and fun to see
    hmmm, i could see that. Not a bad idea, ima bring it up to her tomorrow. Plus if you guys could post a pic, or link to a pic. It would be most helpful and i have 7 Faceplates, and could always get more. So keep the ideas comin.

Fargoth faceplate!!
    haha I'm only serious.

I always like Mass effect styled faceplates.

Quote Originally Posted by Fargoth View Post
    Fargoth faceplate!!
    haha I'm only serious.

I always like Mass effect styled faceplates.
    ya, i don't know if we would be doing no Fargoth plate :P

I've never heard of an artist not having ideas for art. Usually, they have so many they don't want to do mine.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    I've never heard of an artist not having ideas for art. Usually, they have so many they don't want to do mine.
    Well there is not much good game ideas, its not that we we have no ideas, just not good ones fit for a faceplate, cause i dont want it to be to challenging either.

I gotta admit, I had plenty of ideas that were too ambitious, but when I started making easy plates just to make plates it quit being fun.

^ I know what you mean. It seemed the more work I put into the faceplate, the less the would sell for.
    For Custom Orders Please Visit Our MySpace:
    Hidden Content
    OR
    E-mail Us:

Hidden Content

Default Red Dead Redemption?

I have yet to see any Red Dead Redemption plates, cases, or controllers. Ever think of doing something with that?
    Check out my custom xbox 360 controllers Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Dwenden View Post
    I have yet to see any Red Dead Redemption plates, cases, or controllers. Ever think of doing something with that?
    yes, good, right now its either Fallout New Vegas or red dead.

for RDR. I want to do a controller myself but all of mine are currently painted. Until I get them sold I will have to just dream. I have (well what I think) is a great idea from a design too. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Dwenden View Post
    for RDR. I want to do a controller myself but all of mine are currently painted. Until I get them sold I will have to just dream. I have (well what I think) is a great idea from a design too. lol
    I'd like to see some of the stuff you've done. Anything that is visually modded is okay, but just in case, please don't discuss controller modding like rapid fire, or console modding with chips and stuff. Just covering butts, not saying you would. Make a separate thread. If it won't let you show pics because you dont' have enough posts, I'll quote it so they show up.

I've done four RDR faceplates. Haven't really done controllers because I don't have the tools to really do them right, ie airbrushes and four layers of clear coat, etc.

if you go to fa.subcostume.com that's our site for custom printing faceplates (and other stuff). You can upload your own stuff and play around with it without actually placing an order. It's great for getting a feel for what a plate would look like. No controller fronts, though, unfortunately.

Thanks for the ideas about the faceplates Spaceghost. I dont have enough post to upload pics I guess yet but I would love to post some of my work to see what everyone thinks. Maybe I can post 1 pic per reply of a new post I will do make.

Just added a new thread that has all my current work on it. Hope you like it.
    Last edited by Dwenden; 07-10-2010 at 07:25 PM.

Your work is highly appreciable and the x-box controller picture that you used as the avatar is excellent i just also need some of the controllers for my x-box.I am thinking to pick them up in this week.Its very nice to visit this forum.Well done for your work, keep it up.

My friend is also skilled in the art/design area and made me this for my birthday. A custom TF2 faceplate. I think it's rather cool What do u guys think? Also does anyone know how i get it added to the faceplate database they have on this site?

Last edited by totallynumbered; 10-23-2011 at 04:10 AM.

for the database inserment , you must contact SpaceGhost2K-XBA

Thread Information