Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My custom paint jobs (controllers and a remote)

Default My custom paint jobs (controllers and a remote)

After reading some the post and what not, I see that everyone is mainly into face plates but I thought I would see what everyone thought of my controllers.

This is the first one I did. Its also the Bioshock one after a LOT of sanding LOL
    Check out my custom xbox 360 controllers Hidden Content

my wife's

back of wife's

grumpy bear on the rechargeable battery

my finished bioshock controller, I won't post all the pics of it but you can check out the whole thing on my youtube page

bioshock back

Bioshock top

MW2 controller I did for a friend .... that never paid me so I took it back LOL

"bloody bullet" hole

MW2 silhouette

logo and bullet buttons

back of mw2 controller

sorry, forgot I could do this too. sorry for the super long post

Last edited by Dwenden; 07-10-2010 at 07:23 PM.

Kuli the man -*Huberdeau* Rlvers's Avatar

cool, how do you do your controllers?

Sharpies, craft paint, airbrush, and a lot of time. LOL It takes me a long time to really decide what I want to do but then it seems to flow pretty well after that. The barnacles on the bioshock are made of sculpy putty and then painted.

I like the creativity for sure
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

How did you get such a high shine on that pink controller? That would be really nice to have a controller that glossy =) not pink though lol. I must say you have a real talent with painting controllers. They all look awesome!
    [CENTER]Hidden Content
    Thanks Donatello for the sig!

That's cool you have Tank Girl on your wife's controller. I have a pin/button that says "Hide Your Sons - Tank Girl" on it from about 15 years ago.

Good job on the bullet casing buttons, too.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    That's cool you have Tank Girl on your wife's controller. I have a pin/button that says "Hide Your Sons - Tank Girl" on it from about 15 years ago.

Good job on the bullet casing buttons, too.
    Thanks SpaceGhost! I couldn't decide on what I wanted to do for my wife but I did want it to be something she would like and enjoy. She isn't too big into gaming but I thought with something of her own like that, maybe she would play more often. LOL All of the items on that controller are actually from pins, buttons, and sewn on patches that she has on her favorite purse. So I decided those are her favorite things.

The bullet casings I did just as a "hey, can you do this?" from a person on youtube that use to do controller painting. I told her I could try and found out is actually VERY easy to do and doesn't effect gameplay or the functionality of the controller at all. If you decided to swap back to the buttons all you have to do it remove the shells and slide the buttons back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Steeps5 View Post
    How did you get such a high shine on that pink controller? That would be really nice to have a controller that glossy =) not pink though lol. I must say you have a real talent with painting controllers. They all look awesome!
    Thanks Steeps! I used http://www.krylon.com/products/tripl...l_clear_glaze/ with about 2 or 3 even coats. Its says that "its one coat is equal to three clear coats of other products" but I mainly used it because it is what I had, worked on plastics, and seemed to hold up well on a test piece. The only thing I can say about really any clear coat is if you do anything in sharpies you FIRST COAT MUST BE VERY LIGHT AND FROM TWICE AS FAR AWAY!!! LOL If you look close at grumpy bear you can see the heart on his nose and some of his edges ran a litlle. LOL I really only use Krylon Fusion rattle-cans for primer and major paint colors because they are made just for plastic. This controller has actually gotten some of the most use of all because it was the second one I did and had to use it while the others dried or were in pieces. LOL so yeah, I played with the pink Tank Girl for a while and I'm okay with that. LOL
    Last edited by Dwenden; 07-11-2010 at 07:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwenden View Post
    my finished bioshock controller, I won't post all the pics of it but you can check out the whole thing on my youtube page
    Really nice, what'd you make the barnacles with?

Thread Information