Thread: Re-doing the wall

Default Re-doing the wall

I. Have. Stuff. Everywhere.

I should have pics up tomorrow of the finished wall. I mean, it'll NEVER be finished, but finished for now.

Oh, and check out the new custom Bioshock plate. I wanted this two years ago and it got away from me, but it's mine now, muwhahahaha...

Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Nice setup, are those hooks anything special or can you get em anywhere?
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Variation-XBA View Post
    Nice setup, are those hooks anything special or can you get em anywhere?
    They're 3M hooks. I get mine at Wal Mart for $7.47 for nine hooks. That means it costs $15 to hang nine plates. I have 300 plates. I'm afraid to do the math.

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    They're 3M hooks. I get mine at Wal Mart for $7.47 for nine hooks. That means it costs $15 to hang nine plates. I have 300 plates. I'm afraid to do the math.
    $500 Just thought I'd help.

I wanna hang mine but in those clear faceplate cases, but can't find anywhere to get em.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Amazing setup....as someone just getting into the faceplates I cannot imagine what some of the stories must be for many of these plates....
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
    ~Abraham Maslow

Hidden Content

Hidden Content wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

LOL Space is like Var, except with faceplates.

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

One of these days I have got to post some pics of my collection....

I collect the hair clippings of new forums members....I've tried using those hooks but it never looks uniform
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail.
    ~Abraham Maslow

Hidden Content

Hidden Content wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="http://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer">

VOILA! The top two rows of the vertical plates are off a bit. One row is leaning left and another is leaning right because the lower support hooks were off a bit. I'm going to straighten them but I have people coming over in a few hours and I don't want to tear everything down again.

Front wall, where the projector image goes:

Back wall. Projector mounted to ceiling, shelf of 12" figures, plates below, futon below that.

Over door:

Left of door and over figure shelf unit:

Picked up the $249 Beatles Rockband set yesterday on clearance at Wal-Mart for $70. Had the game and mic, needed a guitar and drums,

I have two boxes of plates with no room for them. Some are spares or parts of orders to go out (like ten Fable III plates), and others are just common plates that had to come down for something more important. Things like TGS Pelican plates are in the box.

I have to take 40 of the best plates down and box them up for the MVP thing this weekend at the Microsoft store in Mission Viejo, CA. Sat 4-7PM.

(I'm posting these but I'm going to see if I can get some clearer pics and update them.)

**EDIT** Ah yes, much better.
    Last edited by SpaceGhost2K; 07-25-2010 at 06:20 PM.

I wish I had the same passion as you did

That's not passion. That's Obsessive Compulsive Disorder.

Very impressive man, very well done
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Very nice. Those hooks don't hurt the faceplates do they?

No. As long as the plates don't move around where the paint would get rubbed, they're ok. I've resisted using some free space on the back of a door because of that fear.

Default I LOVE this display!!!

That is awesome! Very cool!

Quote Originally Posted by tacohead View Post
    That is awesome! Very cool!
    I stake my claim on your Supreme Commander plate. I had one and had to sell it to pay a bill, and I need a replacement. After Sept. 2nd.

How much is a Supreme Commander faceplate? Sorry, I don't know much about faceplate prices, but it sounds like a doozy if you had to sell it to pay a bill.

About $100.

Hmm, I expected it to be more than that, but I guess that is expensive for a faceplate.

This is a level of obsession that I am scared (and envious) of. Kudos to you...
    When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.

Hidden Content

wow, very impressive!

21. Thread Information