Thread: Episode 5, is now live. Feedback?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Bailey View Post
    PSU was NOT massively multiplayer. only 4 people could play together at once and the levels are extremely small.

As far as all those MMO's, I agree that we aren't missing much with some of them (huxley, age of conan) however they were at one point announced as being worked on for the 360, but later cancelled. At this point I would say that MMOs won't be happening anytime soon on the 360 unless MS has a huge change in philosophy (ala Sony allowing steam on PS3)
    PSU was an Instanced Lobby Based MMORPG, quite a few F2P MMO's do the same thing PSU did, but more in depth with lobby areas. It isn't a persistent world though.

Yes they were, but Huxley (lol which is STILL in production, I had so many hopes for this game.) is still in development for the 360, it hasn't been canceled yet, which is in all honesty, very surprising. AoC I don't know where that went wrong but. But yes, there won't be any real MMO's on the microsoft console, for years or until large independent companies like Blizzard, decide to take the risk.

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ainokeatoo-XBA View Post
    PSU was an Instanced Lobby Based MMORPG, quite a few F2P MMO's do the same thing PSU did, but more in depth with lobby areas. It isn't a persistent world though.

Yes they were, but Huxley (lol which is STILL in production, I had so many hopes for this game.) is still in development for the 360, it hasn't been canceled yet, which is in all honesty, very surprising. AoC I don't know where that went wrong but. But yes, there won't be any real MMO's on the microsoft console, for years or until large independent companies like Blizzard, decide to take the risk.

yes I've played PSU, however I would still classify it as an instanced online action-RPG and not a true MMO by any stretch. Still though, you'd think by the fact that they charge 9.99$ a month still, its amazing that game has a community still playing (and paying)

In the case of Huxley, its still in development for PC, however the x360 version is on "indefinite hold", which is basically code for "its not happening" lol.

In the case of Blizzard, they have NO interest in doing WOW on consoles. They already have a large fanbase and complete control of the servers and content. Trying to port the game to the 360 serves them no purpose and would ultimately waste time that they could use towards new content for WOW or most importantly......... FINISH UP Diablo 3!!!!!
    Last edited by Justin Bailey; 07-30-2010 at 02:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Bailey View Post
    In the case of Blizzard, they have NO interest in doing WOW on consoles. They already have a large fanbase and complete control of the servers and content. Trying to port the game to the 360 serves them no purpose and would ultimately waste time that they could use towards new content for WOW or most importantly......... FINISH UP Diablo 3!!!!!
    No not porting, I mean, if they do take the risk, their next large MMO would be for consoles. But I really don't see any MMO's for years to come on consoles. Unless MS and Sony band together and attack nintendo.

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Repo Man 360

Great show! Love the product info. I feel like an idiot for buying the CoD console now that there is a slim version. The 250 Hard drive was the deal maker for me and now it's standard . Also the (official) death of the faceplate saddens me. At least this site leads the way in making your own customs and "the soul still burns" as it were. Keep the episodes coming and more Variations are welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Repo Man 360 View Post
    Keep the episodes coming and more Variations are welcome.
    you mean me?
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

6. Thread Information