Thread: Xbox 360 Controller Disconnects and then won't sync

Default Xbox 360 Controller Disconnects and then won't sync

Ok, so this problem just started happening, I've replaced the battery's, I tried countless times trying to sync my controller but nothing happens. My controller randomly disconnects and than it won't sync again. and It won't sync for like another 3 days, It's confusing me and no one seems to have the answer. Can anyone help?

Is there something else in the area of your 360 that could be interrupting the signal?

I have a Wireless router connected to my modem, and a linksys router thats connected to the other router so I can have a internet connection to my desktop...

So I'm guessing the Wireless routers are the problem? How I can I fix it then, I unplugged both of the them, and connected the 360 directly to the modem but it still doesn't sync...

Feeding my pet moose HaZarD SFD's Avatar

Hmm.. Dont think its a Router issue..

Can you explain your setup though?

Modem to Router.. wired to 2nd router and is the xbox to router 1 or router 2?

Xbox 360 is connected the first router, the one connected to the modem. Than I just have another router connected to the first router (First router is a netgear, 2nd router is a linksys)

His internet connection has NOTHING to do with this problem. So stop asking about it, it's confusing.

I had this problem with a controller before. Tried everything, couldn't get it to work. Disconnected everything wireless in the house, tried it on a diffrent Xbox, nothing.
    Do as I did, scrap it and pick up a used one on eBay for around 20 bucks.

So it's the controller? I have two controllers and neither one connects. So, I'm kind of confused on how this can happen to both of my controllers.

Do you have a wireless headset? if so does it connect?

If you friend has a controller and it doesnt sync either then its your xbox.. for a temp fix get a play n charge pack and use the cable to connect your controllers for now

No, I don't have a wireless headset, so I'm just going to go buy a Play N' Charge kit, I guess, I was hoping for a fix but oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by (Corndog) View Post
    So it's the controller? I have two controllers and neither one connects. So, I'm kind of confused on how this can happen to both of my controllers.
    If it's both controllers, then more than likely the box it self.

Quote Originally Posted by wicked_d365 View Post
    If it's both controllers, then more than likely the box it self.

You sure?! oh wait yeah your right..

Do you have a play and charge kit? If so, do they sync up when it's plugged in?
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

its sounding to me like the 360 is having an issue transmitting its wireless signal on its frequency to the controllers. the fact that you said the controller would sync before, but not for another 3 days after it disconnects, tells us that the controller seems to be working fine (if it didn't, then it wouldn't connect ever lol). have you cleaned your 360? do you know what chipset you have in it? Falcon? Jasper? older? lol. Its seems like a short in the 360's ability to transmit via its wireless frequency.

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

Default xbox controller wont sync

if your xbox isn't under warranty you can get a rf board of ebay (the thing in the front with the green lights ) thats what connect the xbox to the controller
    and its also easy to replace (no solder just remove 3 screws an click the new one in )

Thread Information