Thread: Activision ruining and consuming everything good?

Default Activision ruining and consuming everything good?

I am wondering if others feel the same way I do about Activision latley because I feel as thought they are ruining some of the best franchises and dev compaines out there. It all started with me when the whole Infinity Ward firing when down as that was a big mess that imo will and has ruined IW as I don't see them making the same caliber games as before. Now Bungie is with them making new games and I can't help but feel worried that Activision will find a way to ruin them as well. Does anyone else have feelings towards this subject or like mine?

Well at least Bungie got the deal so they own their next IP. Infinity Ward messed up in that regard.
    [CENTER]Hidden Content
    Thanks Donatello for the sig!

That's true I am just a big fan of the small guy (or girl) in most situations. If you look at anything, let's say restaurants, usually you will get better food and service at a mom and pop's restaurant than one of those big corporate restaurants. Why? Because that mom and pop's restaurant is their paycheck and life where the big corporate restaurant could honestly care less about loosing a customer or two. Same with gaming as most of you great games come out when a dev is small and independant. Of course their are exceptions but I bet if their would be a study it would show this to be true. Sorry I just love to root for the small guys and support them. That's the reason I buy my games at a locally and privatly owned game shop.

Activision has no control over Bungie, if anything, Bungie has the most control in their partnership.

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Activision is just publishing, nothing more.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

People should wait and see if Bungie can make something compelling besides Halo. Activision will have nothing to do with it if the game is good or not.

It's entirely possible that Bungie could be gaming's equivalent of George Lucas or Gene Roddenberry, but I don't think so.
    Faceplates at Hidden Content
    Kinect at Hidden Content .

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceGhost2K-XBA View Post
    It's entirely possible that Bungie could be gaming's equivalent of George Lucas or Gene Roddenberry, but I don't think so.
    I don't know if I would go that far But I will say that all they have done for 10+ years is Halo. So not only will whatever they work on be compared to it, but if it is not better and bigger it will be an epic fail.

On a side not. If their next game is a FPS, people will say they can't work on anything other then a FPS.

Quote Originally Posted by Unreal View Post
    On a side not. If their next game is a FPS, people will say they can't work on anything other then a FPS.
    Don't try to fix what ain't broke is what I always say.

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Ainokeatoo-XBA View Post
    Don't try to fix what ain't broke is what I always say.
    If that is the case why leave MS to become an independent studio

I think Activision is trying to establish a monopoly over video gaming I think they think they're the best one out atm and can easily defeat any other company.

I've felt that atleast for the Guitar Hero games they have not been listening to there buyers for a very long time. I am pretty fed up with them and tired of them not listening to us the buyers. The older Guitar Hero games were by far better then the newer ones. After Guitar Hero 3, Guitar Hero went down the toliet IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by someguy617 View Post
    I've felt that atleast for the Guitar Hero games they have not been listening to there buyers for a very long time. I am pretty fed up with them and tired of them not listening to us the buyers. The older Guitar Hero games were by far better then the newer ones. After Guitar Hero 3, Guitar Hero went down the toliet IMO.
    I don't know who's doing RB but it seems both are doing the same thing, though for some reason, RB seems to be more popular.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainokeatoo-XBA View Post
    I don't know who's doing RB but it seems both are doing the same thing, though for some reason, RB seems to be more popular.
    Harmonix, yes it does seem more popular. The only reason for that is that it has over 1,000 songs for DLC.

I think it's easy to hate the big bad corp.

If you read into the whole IW fiasco, you'll see very quickly that West and Zampella weren't exactly angels being killed for doing nothing wrong. There is a long list of issues between them and Activision, and once their game was done, they got what they were asking for.

Is Activision the best thing for gamers? Hell no! Only way to speak to that is with your wallet though, cuz all they care about is making money, and at the end of the day, that's what they're doing. As ****ty as it is for us.

What pisses me off the most about the big corp. is not their big money or even the stupid decisions they make its who gets affecting by all this BS.....the GAMERS! I mean come on, if we don't buy their titles then they would not have a business. But see retailers like Crapmart aka Walmart buy their stuff in such huge quantities for a lower price that maybe the gamers money is nothing to them. not sure but I am sure getting tired of getting the raw end of the deal in some of these situations.

The only way to fight that, is with your wallet. Stop spending entertainment dollars on gaming, and they'll adjust. Till we stop making games like Broken Ass MW2, the best selling games ever, and then buy the crappy CoD they'll rush out, we're gonna keep getting crap.

Gamers have no one to blame but themselves. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by sw0rdfish-XBA View Post
    The only way to fight that, is with your wallet.
    Yep, that's why I refuse to buy any Used or New EA games, I don't agree with charging consumers more for buying a game someone else didn't want. I wouldn't buy from Activision if I didn't like how they were conducting business (though I really don't care what they do as long as they don't attack it's customers or create horrible games that I probably won't buy anyway).

Thread Information