Results 1 to 20 of 20

Thread: Is October a hard game buying month for you?

  1. #1
    Registered User FrankForce77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hot as Hell, FL
    Posts
    176

    Default Is October a hard game buying month for you?

    I have been limiting (or trying) my monthy video gaming by making a list of games coming out that month, looking and reading everything that I can about them and waiting until they are released and reviewed before I buy. This is usually the ritual that I follow and most months it is pretty easy to come up with a clear winner in which I will buy. October looks to be the biggest challange yet this year for me as their are 4 games that I am interested in that are getting released this October. I don't always look at reviews, videos and articles to make my decisions to buy a game but October is a challange for me, how about you all?

    The Games I am looking at are as follows -
    Two Worlds II
    Arcania Gothic 4
    Fable III
    Enslaved Odyssey to the West

    Now some of these titles I am more interested in than others but it's still a pretty big list to get down to only one game in this month to buy. I would really like to see Two Worlds II kick butt as I would get that over Fable III because I have still to beat Fable II.......Ah decisions, decisions frakkin decisions!
    Last edited by FrankForce77; 08-24-2010 at 01:35 PM.

  2. #2
    VIDEO FREAK!!! Vampero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    This what I will be buying:

    Two Worlds II
    NBA 2K11
    Medal of Honor Limited Edition
    Fallout: New Vegas Collector's Edition
    Fable III Limited Edition

    Last edited by Vampero; 08-25-2010 at 08:35 AM.
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from Vampero on www.twitch.tv

  3. #3
    FSU Student! Steeps5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Not at all lol. Just Halo: Reach =)
    [CENTER]Hidden Content
    Thanks Donatello for the sig!

  4. #4
    Senior Moderator Ainokeatoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, U
    Posts
    3,428

    Default

    The only hard gaming decision for October, is whether or not to get the Fable 3 Limited edition or regular lol.

    Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

  5. #5
    VIDEO FREAK!!! Vampero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Steeps5 View Post
    Not at all lol. Just Halo: Reach =)
    That is coming in Sept...lol
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from Vampero on www.twitch.tv

  6. #6

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ainokeatoo-XBA View Post
    The only hard gaming decision for October, is whether or not to get the Fable 3 Limited edition or regular lol.
    Just bite the bullet for once

    I've got a crazy holidays coming up:

    Sept -
    Dead Rising 2 Collector's Edition
    Halo Reach: Legendary Edition

    Oct -
    Fable 3: Limted Edition
    Two Worlds 2
    Rock Band 3: Keyboard Bundle
    DJ Hero 2
    Fallout: New Vegas : Collector's Edition
    Medal of Honor Limited Edition
    Castlevania: Lords of Shadow Limited Edition

    Nov -
    Kinect
    Dance Central
    Need For Speed: Hot Pursuit
    Call of Duty: Black Ops Prestige Edition
    Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood Collector's Edition
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

  7. #7
    FSU Student! Steeps5's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Tallahassee, FL
    Posts
    1,062

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Vampero-XBA View Post
    That is coming in Sept...lol
    Oh my gosh lol, I'm dumb =P. So I'll be changing this to none because I'm only getting Reach, Black Ops, and R.U.S.E (but for PC) this holiday season. Since Crysis 2 won't be out this year.
    [CENTER]Hidden Content
    Thanks Donatello for the sig!

  8. #8
    Registered User Unreal's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,546

    Default

    Most of what I will get in September will be DLC or XBLA games.

  9. #9
    Xbox Addict sw0rdfish-XBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mississauga, ON
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankForce77 View Post

    The Games I am looking at are as follows -
    Two Worlds II
    Arcania Gothic 4
    Fable III
    Enslaved Odyssey to the West!
    I love how no-one answered his question.

    If you like the Fable series, go with that. More bang for your buck!

    Of course waiting for reviews, if you have the self control, is never a bad idea.

  10. #10

    Default

    Wasnt Two Worlds one of the more crappier games?
    Hidden Content - BleedingViolin - Customizing at a Higher Level

  11. #11
    VIDEO FREAK!!! Vampero's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,268

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricepuppet View Post
    Wasnt Two Worlds one of the more crappier games?
    The controls were kind of hard and It had bugs,but I still liked it a lot!!
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

    Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from Vampero on www.twitch.tv

  12. #12

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ricepuppet View Post
    Wasnt Two Worlds one of the more crappier games?
    Yup it was terrible, but I completed the first one so I'm obligated
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

  13. #13
    Senior Moderator Ainokeatoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, Nevada, U
    Posts
    3,428

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Variation-XBA View Post
    Yup it was terrible, but I completed the first one so I'm obligated
    Lies, Var's wallet is just old and has holes in it

    Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

  14. #14
    Registered User FrankForce77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hot as Hell, FL
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ainokeatoo-XBA View Post
    Lies, Var's wallet is just old and has holes in it
    The first one was a pretty hard play with all the bugs and it looked like doggie poo but II is running a brand new engine and it looks much better than the first. The coop is what I want to see how good it works because I know that Fable III will have coop and so for me it's going to be Two Worlds vs. Fable III with a Gothic 4 purchase in Nov. because their is nothing in that month I want.

  15. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankForce77 View Post
    so for me it's going to be Two Worlds vs. Fable III
    Fable 3, hands down. Don't even put them against each other.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

  16. #16
    Xbox Addict sw0rdfish-XBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Mississauga, ON
    Posts
    164

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FrankForce77 View Post
    The first one was a pretty hard play with all the bugs and it looked like doggie poo but II is running a brand new engine and it looks much better than the first. The coop is what I want to see how good it works because I know that Fable III will have coop and so for me it's going to be Two Worlds vs. Fable III with a Gothic 4 purchase in Nov. because their is nothing in that month I want.
    Why not get another october game in November then? If youd rather Tow Worlds, then get that and screw Gothic. Don't buy it just cuz its a november game.

  17. #17
    Registered User FrankForce77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hot as Hell, FL
    Posts
    176

    Default

    Actually all 3 of the RPG's that I am looking for are a Oct. release so I am looking at what I will get out of them in Oct. I am trying to limit myself to one game purchase a month as I gotta start saving some money up.

  18. #18
    The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Docking Bay 94
    Posts
    1,853

    Default

    Arcania Gothic 4 has steadily climbed my priority list as a must have. Originally I was planning on waiting till this was in the bargin bin before picking it up, but that has changed. Fable III has a LOT of promises from Molyneux (what else is new right?), and we will see how many of his promises actually stay true in Fable III. Remember how Fable II was promised to support a lot of different co-op features, however, this promise got axed along w/ a lot of others b4 Fable II got released. Even Fable II's collectors edt. got screwed over and it got reduced to what you see now. Two Worlds was a f'ing disgrace. I hated the fact that I had to put my game on hold and enter in codes just to make the game run more smoothly. I hated the fact that I had to in essence, turn the quality of the game down just in order to deal w/ the bugs and b.s. of Two Worlds. TW 2 was @ E3 this past year, and this is def. going to be a bargin bin pickup for me. If thats the list of the games you're lookin at, I'd narrow it down btw Gothic 4 and Fable III

    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!




  19. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Symmetric-XBA View Post
    Arcania Gothic 4 has steadily climbed my priority list as a must have. Originally I was planning on waiting till this was in the bargin bin before picking it up, but that has changed. Fable III has a LOT of promises from Molyneux (what else is new right?), and we will see how many of his promises actually stay true in Fable III. Remember how Fable II was promised to support a lot of different co-op features, however, this promise got axed along w/ a lot of others b4 Fable II got released. Even Fable II's collectors edt. got screwed over and it got reduced to what you see now. Two Worlds was a f'ing disgrace. I hated the fact that I had to put my game on hold and enter in codes just to make the game run more smoothly. I hated the fact that I had to in essence, turn the quality of the game down just in order to deal w/ the bugs and b.s. of Two Worlds. TW 2 was @ E3 this past year, and this is def. going to be a bargin bin pickup for me. If thats the list of the games you're lookin at, I'd narrow it down btw Gothic 4 and Fable III
    you're basing purchase decisions from a show that was almost 3 months ago on games that aren't even finished yet? Perhaps you should wait for reviews before writing games off as "bargain bin". Two Worlds 2 is running on a completely different engine than the first one and already looks leagues better graphically.

    Gameplay wise, two worlds did a LOT of things right, for instance the loot was great, you actually had incentive to explore the world cause you never know what you'll find and the enemies didn't level scale with you, both big issues I had with oblivion. Also the weapon/armor/spell stacking was a brilliant idea for rpgs.

    Needless to say, despite all the flaws of the first one, I still enjoyed the game A LOT and based on what I've seen of tw2 and what I've read from professional reviewers who've had time with the game behind closed doors and not on a loud show floor, tw2 sounds like its gonna be a great game for open world rpg fans along with Arcania: gothic 4.

  20. #20
    Get to work Noble! Khris Redfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    St Louis
    Posts
    1

    Default

    Most of the time I do my homework but still play them cause I play most games anyways. My favs for this month is Fallout: New Vegas, Fable III, mainly because I've played their previous titles and loved them, but to give Multiplaya a rest for a bit. SvR 11 is a must for me cause I'm a fan.

  21. Thread Information

    Users Browsing this Thread

    There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Bookmarks

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •