Poll: which is the best?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beat 'em up challenge

Default Beat 'em up challenge

as most of these games are coming to the XBOX which one of these do you think is the best beat'em up

take it from there last series

hehehe I put Tekken in there because you never know?
    Last edited by Afro Aura; 03-15-2002 at 06:35 PM.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Mortal Kombat will revolutionize the Fighting Game genre once again! Expect excellence with this new one! Soul Caliber 2 also looks to be a winner

Well being Ive never played Soul calibur 2 i cant say its the best. But Soul calibur is still better than all those games (combined) Sooooo do the math

How can we say which game is better when we havent played them yet??? The question should be, Which Fighting game do you think will be the champoin. But we all know its gonna be:

SOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUL CALIBUR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Legend will never Die!
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 03-13-2002 at 02:21 PM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Member on the run

Gotta have Mortal Kombat. I definetly agree with maximus, this game will revolutionize the idea of a fighting game.

Originally posted by rudedogX
    Gotta have Mortal Kombat. I definetly agree with maximus, this game will revolutionize the idea of a fighting game.
    I dunnooooo

Whens the last time Midway banged out a superior fighting game? 1995?

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Need I say more?

MaX you do realize thats concept art right. Thats all CG.

Dont get me wrong MaX, I thinks it could be a great game and i cant wait to play it. But comon, Soul calibur Need i say more

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Member on the run

jjax, I'm sorry man, but i've gotta go with the originator on fighting games with weapons. SF had no weapons, Mortal Kombat blew up with their weapons and several clones followed. Yeah, I'll admit Soul Caliber 2 is not far behind Kombat on my interest, but I am very interested to see what they plan to do with the new software and new format. If the screenshots or movies or 'concept art' is any indication of what is to come, well...D@MN I EXCITED!

Originally posted by Maximus
    Need I say more?
    Max pictures ain't saying nothing, NOW moving pictures thats a whole new thing as Jjax said when have Midway done a decent game, in my mind Midway has to come a long way to prove me wrong as with all there games that look rough at the edges, never completed.
    They can buy names but they can't do anything with them, most of there ports look exactly like the machine they took it off ie PoS2 and thats one of the most irritating thing I hate and thats LAZY programmers

so I will bide my time and wait to see if Midway has done MK the repect it earns.....for the XBOX

PS nice pictures though and yeah 3hours and the XBOX baby 2 will be in my house with Rallisport Challenge

Originally posted by rudedogX
    jjax, I'm sorry man, but i've gotta go with the originator on fighting games with weapons. SF had no weapons, Mortal Kombat blew up with their weapons and several clones followed.
    Mortal kombat wasnt the 1st game to introduce weapons to fighting. Plus mortal kombats weapons fighting system was more of an extra. But it was still kinda fun. But like every other MK series before it, Combos will be limited, And everyone is gonna develop the same fighting strategy with each individual character.
    Think about scorpion, Deep jump kick,teleport punch, spear, knock into air, air throw.

If you notice with MK games People find a strategy that works for each fighter. Then everyone uses it because it truly is the best.

In soul calibur everyone develops ther own Unique way to fight with each fighter (and even bonds with there favorite). Making everyones who plays the games fighters unique. For example, NiK, Shererboat and I all got really good with Mitsurugi. But all of us had different fighting styles and strategys. HA HA Your Sung-mini is no match for my Knightmare HA Ha

Trust me, From a veteran fighters point of view. Soul calibur by far has the greatest depth and Uniqueness.

WoW, I actually made a dam good point!
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 03-13-2002 at 03:33 PM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

WoW, I must have made a good point. Cuz no one is telling me im Wrong.

**JJaX Bows in his own Excellence

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

I understand what you mean about concept art and stuff...but, this is not concept art...it's in-game (Also, there is a movie...it's awesome!! I will see if I can find it) :

Last edited by Maximus; 03-13-2002 at 03:37 PM.

I understand what you mean about concept art and stuff...but, this is not concept art...it's in-game (Also, there is a movie...it's awesome!! I will see if I can find it) :
    Cool and if you can then I know that Midway has nothing to do with this game LOL

Also JJaX, our strategy in soul actually strarted at the select screen......u develop unique skills with each fighter, but u also develop unique skills against different opponents.....

for example, i would never use my sung mina against ur nightmare.......but i would pick her in a heartbeat against nicks hwang!!

as compared to mk, where if u used that scorpion combo mentioned before (get over here!!) , it could very well be effective against anyone....

then again, all that really needs to be said in defense of soul is: guard impact!!!!!

Soul Caliber.. DC... wet myself slowly... bbbbbrrrbbrrllbllrrrbbb *blowing spit bubbles*

That game rocked! SO much to do, it kept ya busy for hours. My money's on SC2, and if Mortal kombat has that kind of expansive gameplay it will be a very very pleaset suprise!
    Of course that's just my opinion... I could be wrong.

i can honestly say that anyone thats really played Soul calibur (you know who you are) knows that this is by far the best fighting game. EVER. Period. And if you think other than yous a fooL. Im not being ignorant, i just know these things.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

7 votes for MK. AcK you people Stink

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

honestly i think this would be a better thread after all games are released......or at least MK and Soul this these seem to be the 2 heavyweights!!!

after theyre out atleast, we'll actually know how good the gameplay is and critique that.........

I haven't honestly played Soul Caliber before...and, I'm very much looking forward to picking it up. I chose Mortal Kombat because I'm a die hard fan of MK and this new enhanced version of it looks to be extremely impressive. I have high hopes for it!

That's where I am coming from when I voted for MK over Soul Caliber 2...I have never played Soul Caliber...but, from what I have been hearing, the game sounds exactly the type of fighting game I like: ones that take skill.

Mortal Kombat will revolutionize the Fighting Game genre once again! Expect excellence with this new one! Soul Caliber 2 also looks to be a winner
    waximus is smokin crack with his MK predictions

First off how is this a real vote and non of the games are even out yet
    Anyone who votes is just guessing.

But how about greatest fighter ever. I got 2 words foe ya!

like my dawg jjax said, Soooooooooooooouuuuuul Caaaaaaaaaaaaalibur!!!!!!!!

Thread Information