Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So Now That Halo Reach is Out.......

Default So Now That Halo Reach is Out.......

How do you all still feel about the game now that most of us have had the games for over two full days now? I personally love the game and think it is one of the best Halo games ever produced. Bungie did an awesome job in all the menu's, stats and the leveling system as well. The only thing that I do not miss or welcome in Reach is all the **** talkers and crybabies playing the multiplayer, I gotta get them muted! I still think that BFBC2 will be my favorite multiplayer game for some time BUT I LOVE REEEEEACCCH!
    Last edited by FrankForce77; 09-16-2010 at 06:14 PM.

Absolutely loving it! Look for the review on front page tomorrow
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

I LOVE THIS GAME.

Seriously, I've never said this about any Halo game, BUT I LOVE THIS GAME lol. I LOVE the DMR, I also LOVE armor lock, meleeing so much more fun now.

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

wake me... when u need me Symmetrics Love's Avatar

I love it! symmetricand I finished the legendary campaign this morning and it was amazing... they certainly went out with a BANG with this halo... I think I like it even more then halo 3!

Hidden Content wmode="transparent" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" pluginspage="Hidden Content style="text-align: center;">Hidden Content

I love this game as well....

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FrankForce77 View Post
    How do you all still feel about the game now that most of us have had the games for over two full days now? I personally love the game and think it is one of the best Halo games ever produced. Bungie did an awesome job in all the menu's, stats and the leveling system as well. The only thing that I do not miss or welcome in Reach is all the **** talkers and crybabies playing the multiplayer, I gotta get them muted! I still think that BFBC2 will be my favorite multiplayer game for some time BUT I LOVE REEEEEACCCH!
    apparently if you get muted enough times your matchmaking voice will automatically be muted. also I love the whole quit-ban thingy that bungie did where if you quit too many games in a certain period of time you can get banned for different time amounts (apparently up to a perma ban). Also if you quit multiple games, the credits you loose also multiply by 2. So if you were to quit, and lose 30 credits, and you started up another game, and then quit that, you'll be out 30(first game quit) + 60(second game quit) credits = 90 credits gone.

I'm personally very happy w/ these new regulations and everything that bungie has developed. I can't stand ignorant ppl shouting hate speech and talking about their junk, and bungie now has implemented a way to make it all go away lol.

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

Wow I didn't know about most of that stuff actually. I did find the mute feature and now that has come in handy. I have been getting fustrated altley by getting by butt handed to me in multiplayer but imma try to get better there. Firefight and Forge are probobally my two favorite features of Halo Reach.

One thing I do wish that wasn't included was a cover system. You see everyone else w/ the ability to cover, yet you can't. For some reason you're the only person in the UNSC that can't cover. Everyone else, but you. Granted yes, it helps to be in 3rd person view, however, how hard is it to do a quick camera switch and then switch back?

Overall though this is a small gripe against a great game. I'm a little sad to see Bungie leave the halo series (except for dlc w/ reach). Thank you Bungie for giving us a decade of pure enjoyment.

Spit-up on the plate rezzurekted's Avatar

Personally i can't stand Halo now, Since Halo 2 the whole thing has gone down the toilet bowl, Ive seen this game in action and refused to play it as it just looked cheap and well just completely crap, Fair enough this is just my opinion and not the opinion of 200 million sheep in the world, Unless i see it for a tenner in the very near future i wont be paying anything near full price for this.

A couple of my friends have also said it isn't what its cracked up to be but is still good, and other have said its the best thing since sliced bread, but ive heard so many games quoted that and not lived up to the hype.

And yes i realize i will be part of that flock of sheep that will buy CoD Black Ops but lets face it........its the better game hands down on and offline

Reach? Reach? I know no Reach. What is this Reach you speak of? Whatever it is, I am not a fan and have nothing related to Reach in my house whatsoever.

Quote Originally Posted by MoonTar View Post
    Reach? Reach? I know no Reach. What is this Reach you speak of? Whatever it is, I am not a fan and have nothing related to Reach in my house whatsoever.
    Pfft.....I'll show you Halo stuff
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by rezzurekted View Post
    And yes i realize i will be part of that flock of sheep that will buy CoD Black Ops but lets face it........its the better game hands down on and offline
    wow, thats a big statment considering that halo is centered around a story to be told and CoD is just point and shoot. Lets wait and see how this CoD plays out, but imo its got a long way to go to catch up to the sheer depth of this latest halo title.

Quote Originally Posted by rezzurekted View Post
    MW2 was horrible, and that was made by the studio that knew how to make a shooter, Treyarch, will not only follow MW2, but it will do it with their stamp of quality. I have no doubt it will be plagued with many of the same problems MW2 had, and some new ones courtesy of Treyarch.

In fact, I would rather sit in a que for 30 minutes in MAG on my PS3 to play one 256 man game, than play any call of duty game MW2 and later.

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from ainokeato on Hidden Content href="Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Variation-XBA View Post
    Pfft.....I'll show you Halo stuff
    Then you must be bidding on the countless Reach gear on Ebay, like the Reach console signed by Bungie, the PAX poster signed by Bungie, the regular edition Reach game signed by Bungie, the Reach Press Edition, Reach Vinyl Banner, ect.

And from that picture, the cardboard box is still sealed with a legendary edition inside, and I wanted to keep it sealed to collect but the problem is.............I can't see it, the only way you know what is inside is from the orange sticker. >_<

Then you must be bidding on the countless Reach gear on Ebay, like the Reach console signed by Bungie, the PAX poster signed by Bungie, the regular edition Reach game signed by Bungie, the Reach Press Edition, Reach Vinyl Banner, ect.

And from that picture, the cardboard box is still sealed with a legendary edition inside, and I wanted to keep it sealed to collect but the problem is.............I can't see it, the only way you know what is inside is from the orange sticker. >_<
    Nope, don't need Reach versions of signed stuff that I already got on faceplates and other items
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Variation-XBA View Post
    Nope, don't need Reach versions of signed stuff that I already got on faceplates and other items
    I guess, BTW do you keep the store ads also? Like the ads that advertised Halo in the release week?

I guess, BTW do you keep the store ads also? Like the ads that advertised Halo in the release week?
    Not much, I do have access to the banners you see on the sides of walmarts and stuff though, and standups, etc
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetric-XBA View Post
    One thing I do wish that wasn't included was a cover system. You see everyone else w/ the ability to cover, yet you can't. For some reason you're the only person in the UNSC that can't cover. Everyone else, but you. Granted yes, it helps to be in 3rd person view, however, how hard is it to do a quick camera switch and then switch back?

Overall though this is a small gripe against a great game. I'm a little sad to see Bungie leave the halo series (except for dlc w/ reach). Thank you Bungie for giving us a decade of pure enjoyment.
    you can't possibly be serious about that. Halo is an fps thats meant to be played fast and furious. A cover system COMPLETELY changes the game into something that its not meant to be, a pop and shoot camp fest ala rainbow six. I couldn't possible disagree more with you on this.

My main problem with the game (solo legendary) is the A.I. Its needs a lot of work and it shows when your playing by yourself. Minus a couple of levels that had choke points the game isn't that bad. I still like ODST more but that could change after I finish Reach. I love the story events of level 9.

lol yeah the AI is def. something i had issues with as well.

21. Thread Information