Thread: head sets

Default head sets

I've been looking at buying a headset for my 360. I'm stuck on buying the astro a40's or buying a brand i can get at best buy or future shop. the astros from what i understand are the top gaming set. but where i live it comes with a $138 shipping fee on top of the price of the headset and the mix amp. are these headsets the best? or should i go for the far cheaper ones and risk quality?

Im not sure about the astros but i use tritans 720s and turtle beaches x11. I think if your gonna risk the quality you should go tritans or turtle beaches. if the astros are the top then get it because tritans are the same price
    Last edited by cesarone102; 01-11-2011 at 06:37 AM.

Haven't used Astros before but here's two different kinds that we've reviewed:

http://www.xboxaddict.com/Article/18...95-Review.html

and

http://www.xboxaddict.com/Article/17...es-Review.html

I personally use my Turtle Beach X31's and my Plantronics X40 the most and would support them no problem.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

$138 SHIPPING??? That's absurd!

I only have the Turtle Beach X1, which I don't think is even made any more =P.
    [CENTER]Hidden Content
    Thanks Donatello for the sig!

yeah its straight from the astro company in the states.... problem is i live in Ontario. road trip? lol

Just look on like Amazon.com or newegg.com. Shipping would be MUCH more reasonable.
    [CENTER]Hidden Content
    Thanks Donatello for the sig!

#youcannotselfdefense 12buckmafia-XBA's Avatar

Do you live close enough to the US border to make a day trip? There might be a place across the border that accept drop ships for Canadians where you could have it sent there and then go pick it up. We've got something similar just across the border in Blaine Washington. It's a shipping depot or something that accepts and holds your packages for a fee for you to come pick it up.

Whatever that additional $138 is...sounds like they're going via a courier and probably doesn't factor in a brokerage fee or customs.

Best Buy was selling a Turtle Beach headset for $40 earlier in the week though...that might be worth a look if the offer's still available in-store/online.

I'm about 8-10 hours from the border. i live in northern Ontario. the 138 is for duties and a fed ex carrier i believe. I'm headed to a major-ish town to pick up some furniture so ill have a look there. i hear the tritans are from best buy or something. It's really too bad, that they wont give other offers for us canadians

Thread Information