Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unreal Championship Rumor

Default Unreal Championship Rumor

Can someone confirm for me a rumor I heard.

I heard that in Unreal Championship, you won't be able to pick up weapons. Only ammo.

The only weapons youll have in your inventory will be those that you have earned in single player mode. Therefore, your ability in multiplayer will depend on how well you did in signle player.

So is it true that you'll only be able to use weapons that you earned in single player.. in multiplayer????

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Hmm...I haven't heard that rumor...but, that would be tough considering that there are 25 different playable characters on the game. But, we'll see, I guess! All I know is that I can't wait!!!

Default Here is all the info you will need

PlanetXbox

Here what you want to know. "Another interesting twist to the usual FPS fare is Unreal Championship's weapon system. No longer will players hunt an arena for the biggest, baddest weapon, as the developers feel the gameplay is about individual skills, and not just outrunning the next guy so you can outgun him at the draw. Combatants will start their matches with only the weapons they have earned (or "unlocked") thus far. The really serious weaponry will have to be earned, but once earned it's yours to keep. Ammunition for said weaponry will still have to be found, but instead of randomly placed pick-ups, players will have to dock themselves in "stations" that supply ammunition. This leaves you open to attack as you "refill", much the same way a race car driver loses precious seconds when making pit stops. Incidentally, these "pit" areas do not have limitless resources, so you may have to find one that actually has something left."
    Please read the whole article its great.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

wow, good read!!!

with or without the new weapon scheme, im still looking forward to it!!!!

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

that sounds very interesting...can't wait to see it implemented......now just for the Voicecomminicater so i can talk trash to ya'll right before i frag ya.

Wow!!! I'm loving this! So, it appears that the game will have a mode similar to the "campaign" mode on Halo...and, the further you are on that, the more weapons you uncover as you go along and can use those in multi-player! How ingenious!!! I hope they launch this game a couple weeks before it goes on-line so we can build our arsenals!

* * * Max proceeds to urinate his boxers * * *

Yo Shererbaot, I cant wait to square off my Squad vs your Squad for some good training!

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

One of the coolest things about Unreal Championship is that you can play against bots if you want to instead of playing real players while on-line. And, the cool thing about playing bots in Unreal Championship is that while you improve your skills, so do the bots! This makes for an excellent training opportunity!

Hmmm... I think this provides an "un"uncentive for people to buy the game. I usually don't play that much single player, and Im worried that I might not get all the weapons I want.

I usually find single player a lot more boring and less skillful than the action-packed multiplayer. This game is suppose to be compliant with MS's internet services so why would they create such a flaw in the game???

It never said that you can't earn those weapons in multiplayer mode. It could be that everyone starts out with a pistol online and as your stats go up you earn more weapons. Who knows.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Hmm... you have a good point. I never thought of it that way. And maybe Coop will be online as well. They shouldve made Halo Coop online too. Too bad maybe I would still be playing it right now.

Yeah coop via system link(online) with Halo would be sweet. I hate split screens no matter how big my screen is. It is still annoying.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

I think it's ingenious to be able to gain a more powerful arsenal as you improve your skills! That's the beauty that surrounds Unreal Championship...it's centered on skill! So, the better you get, the larger the arsenal gets! This will seriously seperate the men from the boys!

Only problem I see is for people that have had the game a while and end up with the 'Instant Torso Pop" gun or whatever plays against someone that just got the game and only has a "Sweet Pea Shooter" and ends up owning them with no chance for the pea shooter.

That would get frustrating, just like playing against the morons that use aimbots or no clipping cheats etc.

Hopefully those issues were looked at and taken care of.
    ---Hidden Content ---

Yeah, but, Lynxfx...that's why people need to buy this game the moment it comes out!! I know I am, that's for sure!

I plan on building up my arsenal by playing against some AI...so, when I play on-line, I will have a nice little flame thrower to get my opponents a little taste of what a toasted ass tastes like!

Oh hell yeah. I'll be the first with that "Instant Torso Popping" gun.
    ---Hidden Content ---

Originally posted by Lynxfx
    Oh hell yeah. I'll be the first with that "Instant Torso Popping" gun.
    hehe...nice! It's kind of a toss up for me...pretty much between the "Instand Torso Popping gun" and the "Take the meat off your knee cap laser pistol"

hehe

Actually, you know what one of the real weapons are? There is actually a paint gun! No joke! But, this is no ordinary paint gun...what it does is it puts these neon yellow spots on your oppenent and then seconds later, a blazing streak of lighting from the heavens scorches the opponent wherever the spots are on the opponent! Did someone have a serious nightmare when they thought of this!?!?

LOL that is awesome. Some of my favorite weapons were in the game Duke Nukem 3D. The shrink ray ruled. Shrink them then run and stomp on them. The freeze ray was fun too.

I'm super pumped for this game now.
    ---Hidden Content ---

Default New Q

I have read like everything I can (and thats alot) about this game and the 1 thing I have not found out is will it support more than 2 teams. I would love it if it did. I hte that Halo only has 2 teams. Does any body know and what do you hope for?
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

Wow I just got more psyched for this game after reading that article. Thanks Brevity.

Man i can't wait to kill some of you with my weapon of choice.

The double pistols

Thread Information