Thread: Come on 2K Sports...

Default Come on 2K Sports...

MLB 2K11 was frustrating enough at times, but you'd think that with the fact that they're touting MLB Today as a huge boost for the franchise, they'd keep rosters current right?

What happens when I go to play the All Star Game in Today mode? Ichiro's the leadoff for the American League? Pujols starting for the National League? Jeter the starting shortstop? None of these guys were elected to the team, let alone starters. They're even using last year's jerseys! I can overlook the jersey thing since they probably didn't have much time to react (though the NHL gave EA months worth of notice and final concepts to be able to stick the RBK jerseys into NHL '07) but not even having the right All Star Game rosters? Come on.

You get the special achievement for playing that day?
    Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from variati0n on www.twitch.tv

I got NFL 2011 and they don't update the rosters I don't think but I just baught Top Spin 4 and I need to see if there will be updates,
    I'll keep you updated

rosters and updated uniforms are def. a feature that more companies need to address on an almost real time basis, however, in order for that to happen resources need to be constantly focused on keeping and maintaining and that is something that companies can not do sometimes.

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Variation-XBA View Post
    You get the special achievement for playing that day?
    You got it

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetric-XBA View Post
    rosters and updated uniforms are def. a feature that more companies need to address on an almost real time basis, however, in order for that to happen resources need to be constantly focused on keeping and maintaining and that is something that companies can not do sometimes.
    Yeah, I admit I'm not expecting realtime roster updates, or even monthly roster updates. I just think that when the game specifically calls a feature out for a specific purpose (in this case, there was an achievement for playing the MLB Today All Star Game the day of the actual All Star Game,) I'd hope they at least kept THAT roster current/up to date...even if it was the roster as originally announced and not on the day of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by 12buckmafia-XBA View Post
    Yeah, I admit I'm not expecting realtime roster updates, or even monthly roster updates. I just think that when the game specifically calls a feature out for a specific purpose (in this case, there was an achievement for playing the MLB Today All Star Game the day of the actual All Star Game,) I'd hope they at least kept THAT roster current/up to date...even if it was the roster as originally announced and not on the day of the game.
    I hear ya man, but this wouldn't be the first time a company promised something and failed to deliver. Hell, many games have had this happen to them: Too Human, Fable, Test Drive Unlimited, etc... Thankfully at least Peter Moleneux is being honest and already claiming that he can't make the next fable what he wanted. At least we have that going for us, no more failed promises, and at least he's not ignoring the community like Atari did for Test Drive Unlimited 2. While it sucks, keep in mind that it could always be worse.

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------

8. Thread Information