Thread: Just got my XBOX with Halo (Australia)

Smile Just got my XBOX with Halo (Australia)

I just got my xbox last night after waiting an eternity and I'd have to say it's saweeeeeeeeeeeeeet. Halo is tha bomb!!!! the graphics are awesome, they it really make you feel part of the game. I was pretty impressed with the first level on the ship, but then when i landed and looked around outside i was spellbound!!! the details are so fine close up!!!!! i ended up getting smoked a few times because i kept getting distracted by the awesome graphics!

The conroller feels tight as, all the buttons are in the right places and the vibrations are smooth. does the U.S. control have a green logo? in the centre because its black over here.

just one question though. when i played it on a 51cm tv it showed 'alot' of jaggies, but when i played it on my 38cm it was crystal clear. is this because the 51cm tv was crap or does this happen with all larger sized tv's?

Im getting another game tommorow, can anyone give me a opinion out of the bellow mentioned please.

*Project Gotham Racing
    *Dead or Alive 3
    *Rallisport Challenge
    *Wreckless

Thanks buddies

ahh cool , I'm glad ya like it

*Project Gotham Racing - great game best on this list (xcept maybe rallisport)
    *Dead or Alive 3 - very short ... play it for a week and you will be bored .. but awsome graphics
    *Rallisport Challenge - haven't played
    *Wreckless - sucks after a while

Oh you might wana take a look at UFC Tapout if ya like fighting games... that game rocks
    Don't trip on the step or it will be left behind you

YOOO SICKPLAYA!!!
    sup ?
    i would juss like to welcome u to xbox addict on behalf of the staff and all the members
    this is by far the best xbox site on the web and u will enjoy it
    if u have n e questions or n e thing ...juss holla....
    thats good news that u got your xbox...
    oh yea and on your next game...i say pgr (project gotham racing)
    as upposed to the rest....

doa3- i have.....its ok....but to short...mp is lots of fun
    wreckless- i dont beleive its worth the money....but a renter for sure
    pgr- i own and love...and its hard...takes a long time to beat
    rallisport- i havent played....but i think pgr is still better

peace
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

Thanx heaps, the only thing that turns me off prg a bit is that i owned msr and its kinda like buying it all over again.. but im sure the improvements make it seem like a whole new game.

yea sickplaya
    i own MSR too...
    but pgr is WAYYYYYY BETTA...
    its like the xbox...compared to ps2...
    no contest...

hehe...
    peace
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

sweet, pgr it is then!

thanks again.

bust a nut

hey sick playa, if u see some other reviews, u can tell that rallisport challenge is getting popular and said that it is very addicting bc of its amazing graphicsand gameplay. but i dont own it yet. i would still get pgr bc i never got tired of it and the cars r saweet!, but its a pain in the ass casue its gets harder as go further through the higher levels. its worth it bc its a hard game and it'll make ur money worth as u play for a long time. i have been playing that game for 26 hours and still ahvent completed it yet .

whats up sickplaya! when did the xbox come out in australia? if i were to pick between those game's i'd probably say PGR...its graphically not as good as rsc...but is pretty darn close. if you like exotic cars, then go with PGR..you won't be dissapointed!
    5 National Championships...13 Final Fours...Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

argh tough choice!!! I'll see if they have rallisport at my video shop before i buy anything.

xbox only came out 14 march, yesterday.

To be quite honest it didnt sell to well.. the kmart i bought mine from only sold 6 all day... and the results were similar all around.

and on the news they headlined with "xbox is here, but is it worth the wait" and then they showed some guy playing it and they asked his opinion and he said he liked ps2 better. pfft.

And they never play halo or dead or alive 3 at demo kiosks, usually its just fusion frenzy....

i'll just add, that this is what happened with the dreamcast, its died the day it was released here basically. but i have faith in microsoft so im sure things will pick up.

so would you say australia is more of PS2 country, or gamcube? don't worry...once all the really really good games of 2002 come out, everything will change

Everyones brainwashed by PS2...

my cousin was trying to spin bull**** about how playstation 2's graphics look the same and that it runs faster framerates. He reckons prg's graphics suck. he so ps2 biased. before i got my xbox he's like all "yeah, xbox is sick, get one, i want one too" then the minute i get one he starts bagging it out.. i just think he's jelous to be honest.

but thats the basic attitude of ps2 owners. After owning the ps2 with gt3, gta3, and tony hawk 3, and how i was able to just flog it off cheaply without regretting it, makes me wonder why everone loves it so much.

oh yeah, camecube isnt out yet. it will probably outsell the xbox here though

well, you can tell your cousin that most of the good games from ps2 are going to be released on the xbox anyway...with better graphics too...do you think ps2 can do a project ego? no way, not without a harddrive...also another benefit is an add on disc for games...without the harddrive, there'd be no ripping music, no addon discs, no faster loading times, and no project ego, halo, brute force, starwars rpg, and the list goes on and on...i bet your cousin will be buying an xbox at the end of the year

Default Re: Just got my XBOX with Halo (Australia)

Originally posted by Sickplaya

just one question though. when i played it on a 51cm tv it showed 'alot' of jaggies, but when i played it on my 38cm it was crystal clear. is this because the 51cm tv was crap or does this happen with all larger sized tv's?
    I didn't notice any problem with jaggies. Are you using S-Video or Component cables? If you're using composite or <ack> RF that could be your problem.

Thread Information