Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Skyrim

Quote Originally Posted by Ainokeatoo-XBA View Post
    I have to say I was in the same boat with you, I saw the dragons and was all like "Yeah cool, couple dragons in the game whoopdy friggen doo". Then I heard there were going to be a lot of them, rather than just one or two, on top of that, what mainly got me was the "If you kill a mans brother the game will generate a quest for the brother to come after you". I don't know if anyone remembers, but this was somewhat slightly hinted at in oblivion but either it never worked 100% or wasn't as clear cut as the Dev made this sound.

I love games that think for themselves, I hate killing someone's sister, looting their corpse then turning to the (insert sibling here) and selling everything I took off of her without anyone batting an eye. I hate to use "realism" when referring to a game with dragons and hairy men with pig tails, but it just feels so unrealistic so I'm glad something of the sort will be added to Skyrim.
    I agree 100% i think that it's going to be an all round great game. Replay value will be awesome as well which in and of it's self to me anyway is a huge selling feature.

Quote Originally Posted by Ainokeatoo-XBA View Post
    I have to say I was in the same boat with you, I saw the dragons and was all like "Yeah cool, couple dragons in the game whoopdy friggen doo". Then I heard there were going to be a lot of them, rather than just one or two, on top of that, what mainly got me was the "If you kill a mans brother the game will generate a quest for the brother to come after you". I don't know if anyone remembers, but this was somewhat slightly hinted at in oblivion but either it never worked 100% or wasn't as clear cut as the Dev made this sound.

I love games that think for themselves, I hate killing someone's sister, looting their corpse then turning to the (insert sibling here) and selling everything I took off of her without anyone batting an eye. I hate to use "realism" when referring to a game with dragons and hairy men with pig tails, but it just feels so unrealistic so I'm glad something of the sort will be added to Skyrim.
    yep I agree with you, I may try out Oblivion sometime but I did try Fable 3 if that counts

It'll sure be hard to kill the dragons ey? their quite big on the video's - maybe we should ask Symmetric because he has it...

So...no one play this then?

Quote Originally Posted by The Mattbox View Post
    So...no one play this then?
    lmao dude if you only knew how much time i poured into this game since i first played it. we're talking gaming sessions of every day for well over 14 hours. lol I finally hit the 1000 gamerscore at well over 200+ hours and this was when I was trying to balance out other things for the site lol. Skyrim is def. going to be my GOTY for the next 4-5 years on the 360 just because of the quality of the title.

I would say that ME3 would be in the running, but since they added kincrap support that just took it down a notch on my list.

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------

I did everything in under 90 hours, minus the 5x Daedric quests. The game wins GoTY 2011, for the last decade and best game of this generation in my opinion!

So far, I love it. It's the only Elder Scrolls game I have put time into. I think I just barely started Oblivion once, but it freaked me out too much to continue. At that time I wasn't a huge fan of dead guys chasing after me in game.

All that has obviously changed by now. ;] I'm about 30 hrs in and making slow but sure progress. I did happen across a glitch with the College of Winterhold, on the first quest, but I hope to see it fix itself if I leave for long enough. We shall see.

There was this one time when I left someone's house, and a dragon popped up out of no where, landed in the front yard and ate me. Thankfully, I had a save point directly before that, and loaded the game again. Second time, same thing, except the dragon attacked the nearby city first, which gave me ample time to shoot it with lots of arrows. ;] Not to mention the city guards did most of the killing for me. haha
    the one and only
    Twitter: @blueamcat

Quote Originally Posted by blueamcat View Post
    So far, I love it. It's the only Elder Scrolls game I have put time into. I think I just barely started Oblivion once, but it freaked me out too much to continue. At that time I wasn't a huge fan of dead guys chasing after me in game.

All that has obviously changed by now. ;] I'm about 30 hrs in and making slow but sure progress. I did happen across a glitch with the College of Winterhold, on the first quest, but I hope to see it fix itself if I leave for long enough. We shall see.

There was this one time when I left someone's house, and a dragon popped up out of no where, landed in the front yard and ate me. Thankfully, I had a save point directly before that, and loaded the game again. Second time, same thing, except the dragon attacked the nearby city first, which gave me ample time to shoot it with lots of arrows. ;] Not to mention the city guards did most of the killing for me. haha
    Just wait till your character levels up to the point where dragons are but mere gnats lol. Now giants on the other hand, well, thats a different story lol.

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------

I was wondering wif I should pick this up. I'm going to be into gaming a little bit more andI might just have to bite the bullet as far as my XBL account. SMH
    We need a love bomb, to just blow us away, to freakin' blow all the lights out, turning night to day, hear it from miles away, a chance to make it right now, f*ck what the government says,
    We gotta save some lives now, is that OK?
    Hidden Content
    [Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ][Hidden Content ]

R.I.P. DZNUTZ. One Man We'll Never Forget Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetric-XBA View Post
    Just wait till your character levels up to the point where dragons are but mere gnats lol. Now giants on the other hand, well, thats a different story lol.
    It's crazy how killer those giants are! Oh my gosh. I steer clear. lol
    the one and only
    Twitter: @blueamcat

Skyrim was all I played for about 2 months. I have a little over 80 hrs logged in the game. I completed the main questline a few weeks ago. I gotta work on everything else now. This is a fantastic game. Definitely some great replay value.

I've had the game for over a month now, still haven't played it. I'm scared to pop it in, because I now it will never come out!

Quote Originally Posted by vman View Post
    I've had the game for over a month now, still haven't played it. I'm scared to pop it in, because I now it will never come out!

haha. probably so. It was all I played for a good month.

Thread Information