Thread: Spy Hunter a 5 out of 5?!?!?!?

Question Spy Hunter a 5 out of 5?!?!?!?

Hey all,

I have been considering buying Spy Hunter,,,, I read the reviews of the game on the Xboxaddict site... it is ranked as a 5 out of 5... is this game really that good? Any time I see only two rankings it makes me nervous. Another fact that makes me nervous is that "Marc" who gave the game a 5 out of 5 gave NFL Fever 2002 a 1 out of 5..... makes me think that he might not be in touch with reality... I mean Fever was not a 1 out of 5 game. The other person named "Juan_Epstein" has never reviewed any other game... so I do not have a reference to measure his typical measure and how it relates to mine.

Anyway... I was just looking for some feedback on this title... I really do not need it, I mean THPS3 and Rally Sport are keeping me plenty busy.

Laters,

PhReek out!
    PhReeK out!

Default No game Merits a full score

There always has to be some flaw, A game can never get a perfect score, a 5/5 would suggest that spyhunter is better then HALO.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Man, FPS_Phreak...I saw Spy Hunter on Streaming video and I know for a fact that I won't be buying this one. I can already tell I will hate it.

Cool resurrection of the game, but, it doesn't hold a candle to Rallisport Challenge, considering what I have seen so far on it.

But, who knows...it may be a lot better once you actually sit down and play it. But, again, so far, I'm not impressed.

isnt Spy Hunter like some kinda old school racer that they are now resurrecting for the Xbox?

I heard Spy Hunter was way too dark. Even though it's supposed to be e decent game (not amazing, though), I heard that because the game was so dark, things aren't very visible, and this causes the game to suck.

Just to note, I haven't actually played it, rather, I've just heard this from a few different people and websites.

personally if i was doubting buying a game i would rent it first and then base a decsion.

what was the game spy hunter on before the ps2 and xbox versions came out? i don't know if i'll buy this game or not, since i've never played it on any system...i might rent it first though
    5 National Championships...13 Final Fours...Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Originally posted by JADE8704
    what was the game spy hunter on before the ps2 and xbox versions came out? i don't know if i'll buy this game or not, since i've never played it on any system...i might rent it first though
    Well, Spy Hunter is an Arcade Classic... Basically, you were a viewing the car from overhead while driving down the road and you can shoot cars down with the machine guns that are built into the car, lay down oil slicks, and smoke screens. It was cool back then, but, now, it's just an okay game. As for this new version, I would say that it's pretty much the same thing except you view the car like a Project Gotham Racing view with the car in front.

If you ask me, I thought the car moved exceptionally fast and it doesn't look very realistic at all. Check out the streaming video of this game at Gamespot.com and you'll see what I am talking about

Frostberg

1 Word to describe my feelings and such about Spy Hunter:
    RENTAL!

hmm...i think i may have played this game before at a bowling ally...oh well, from what all of you are saying, im guessing this isn't a must have for the xbox?

Originally posted by JADE8704
    hmm...i think i may have played this game before at a bowling ally...oh well, from what all of you are saying, im guessing this isn't a must have for the xbox?
    You can check out the streaming video by clicking this link. Just select your internet connection and a way you go! You'll see what I am talking about (eventhough I noticed a few typos in my last post!!)

Gamespot gave Spyhunter a 6.7...you can see that here: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters...538303,00.html

And, low and behold, the PoS2 version of Spyhunter got a 7.8...check it out here: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters...475915,00.html Typical Gamespot

And, to see the streaming video, just click this link: http://gamespot.com/gamespot/filters...538303,00.html (I couldn't watch the whole thing...let me put it that way!!)

Thumbs down I dont think it will be good but here is some info on it.

Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

man...that looked like the beta version of pgr...thanx for the link though, max

Somewhere with a X-box controller in my hand

Default Don't knock it till you try it

I personally have played SpyHunter for the PS2. Unless they overhaul the game and create a totally new one, which by the looks of Brevity's picture they didn't, then this game should go in your rental category. All I could tell in the PS2 version there was no plot, there was a confusing opening video and that was all you had to work with. As for gameplay, the game was fun. The controls were sleak and the car was bad ass. I only wished I had a car like that. You could easily beat the game in 3 hours, unless you decided you wanted to find every tedious Satcom (hidden tokens), then that would talk a Max of 5. Anyway, I enjoyed the game I just would drop 50 bucks on it. But that is just my opinion.

Default For those who don't know

This was the original spy hunter...

Frostberg

To add about the original Spy Hunter...
    You can play it right here on XBA!
    http://www.xboxaddict.com/arcade/

XBA owns, dont they!?!?

Thread Information