Thread: Upgrading your Xbox One's Hard drive can be done, but....

Default Upgrading your Xbox One's Hard drive can be done, but....

Upgrading your Xbox One's Hard drive can be done, but....

You'll totally be voiding your warranty by doing this.
    I'm personally NOT going to do it, but try at own risk.

The program used to clone the drives to a larger one is Clonezilla, open source ghosting tool.

http://clonezilla.org/

This is NOT for the faint of heart.

Great post ! I updated my PS 4 with a Laptop Seagate 1TB SSHD . It boots and loads games faster .
    Hidden Content Hidden Content

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from Vampero on www.twitch.tv

For that miniscule of faster booting time, not worth it imo.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Variation-XBA View Post
    Hardly seems worth it. My guess is that we'll see the ability to add extrenal hard disks legitimately in a few months time.

Feeding my pet moose HaZarD SFD's Avatar

Its odd how regular HD and SSD have so little difference in the XBoX One.. Considering in real PC applications the difference is HUGE.. Is this test only Boot times or does it include load times for levels and such for games DLed to the Xbox itself?

Quote Originally Posted by Variation-XBA View Post
    I did it for more space .

Hidden Content bgcolor="#000000">Hidden Content name="flashvars" value="hostname=Hidden Content href="Hidden Content style="padding:2px 0px 4px; display:block; width:345px; font-weight:normal; font-size:10px;text-decoration:underline; text-align:center;">Watch live video from Vampero on www.twitch.tv

Quote Originally Posted by Vampero View Post
    I did it for more space .
    You've already filled 500GB somehow? external USB support is coming, so this isn't worth losing your warranty imo
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

I think Vampero was referring to his PS4, which he said he upgraded with a 1TB SSD. So far, there's been no confirmation that PS4 will ever support external storage.

Quote Originally Posted by Roujin-XBA View Post
    I think Vampero was referring to his PS4, which he said he upgraded with a 1TB SSD. So far, there's been no confirmation that PS4 will ever support external storage.
    Yes , I was . I just see my hard drives in my XBOX ONE & PS 4 filling up fast when the games are 35 to 50 gigs per-game. I hope Microsoft lets us use a USB drive soon.
    Last edited by Vampero; 12-08-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Considering that the size of games continues to grow this may not be a bad idea. I am a little concerned that when I change it out is about the time some part of the hardware fails.... I will probably wait until my warranty is done before taking the risk.

11. Thread Information