As you might have noticed (probably not) this is my first post for quite a little while.... and guess why! Yep... that's right I got my UK Xbox.

Xbox launch was a big success with the street packed at 12 o'clock in my little town all queing for their lovely Xboxs'. Yet still not as many as I would have liked, seems everyone loves their PS2s far too much.

The Xbox itself was faaaaaarrrrr smaller than I was led to believe. I'd say it is the same size as an old stand alone DVD player. The US imports I have seen were much larger, well I thought they were! Probably my imagination.

I first tested the DVD player, yes I know I should have tried Halo first, and my jaw just dropped. I hadnt hit the games but the DVD player just smacked me across the face. I dont knwo if it was my advanced scart cable but that DVD player rocks!!! The crystal clarity of it all astounded me. And all soooooo silent.

The dashboard is like nothing I have ever seen before in my life!!! It was so easy to navigate as well as providing a piece of delicate eye candy which could do nothing but amaze!

So I put in Halo, and to begin with I wasnt that amazed, the movements were rather dodgy to begin with. Captain Keyes mouth just made me laugh. I soon found myself lost in the games remarkable gameplay, landing you in the action right away. Luckily all those half-life addon packs had prepared me for that moment. Once you get onto the actual Halo, again my jaw dropped. The detail was outstanding and the action superb. I have never played a game which managed to incorporate stunning gameplay with fluent high res graphics. You actually see blades of grass, and "good-bye triangular trees" this ones have leaves! This has to be the most awesome game of all time.

The other games failed to impress. Project Gotham was far too difficult to start with but after much perseverance I now am hitting gold. I can only play it on and off and dont lose myself within the game. Then DOA3, what a dissappointment! The graphics are great but as for "story mode" where the hell is the story!!!! The gameplay is rubbish and all i can find use for it is as a multiplayer bit of fun when drunk. Maybe my views of these games will change once I have played them a little more!

The Xbox itself is a fantastic piece of hardware and frankly putting it into words is difficult! The games need a little working on, excluding Halo which is almost perfect. I like games like Halo for their RPG value and for action adventure.

Can anyone out there reccomend an RPG or action adventure game which will be any good! Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic looks to be a stunner. As for Obi Wan, Im debating wether to buy it or not.

There a nice long post for you, just t make up for my absense, lol.

Mr.XboxLover