Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My Little UK Report

Smile My Little UK Report

As you might have noticed (probably not) this is my first post for quite a little while.... and guess why! Yep... that's right I got my UK Xbox.

Xbox launch was a big success with the street packed at 12 o'clock in my little town all queing for their lovely Xboxs'. Yet still not as many as I would have liked, seems everyone loves their PS2s far too much.

The Xbox itself was faaaaaarrrrr smaller than I was led to believe. I'd say it is the same size as an old stand alone DVD player. The US imports I have seen were much larger, well I thought they were! Probably my imagination.

I first tested the DVD player, yes I know I should have tried Halo first, and my jaw just dropped. I hadnt hit the games but the DVD player just smacked me across the face. I dont knwo if it was my advanced scart cable but that DVD player rocks!!! The crystal clarity of it all astounded me. And all soooooo silent.

The dashboard is like nothing I have ever seen before in my life!!! It was so easy to navigate as well as providing a piece of delicate eye candy which could do nothing but amaze!

So I put in Halo, and to begin with I wasnt that amazed, the movements were rather dodgy to begin with. Captain Keyes mouth just made me laugh. I soon found myself lost in the games remarkable gameplay, landing you in the action right away. Luckily all those half-life addon packs had prepared me for that moment. Once you get onto the actual Halo, again my jaw dropped. The detail was outstanding and the action superb. I have never played a game which managed to incorporate stunning gameplay with fluent high res graphics. You actually see blades of grass, and "good-bye triangular trees" this ones have leaves! This has to be the most awesome game of all time.

The other games failed to impress. Project Gotham was far too difficult to start with but after much perseverance I now am hitting gold. I can only play it on and off and dont lose myself within the game. Then DOA3, what a dissappointment! The graphics are great but as for "story mode" where the hell is the story!!!! The gameplay is rubbish and all i can find use for it is as a multiplayer bit of fun when drunk. Maybe my views of these games will change once I have played them a little more!

The Xbox itself is a fantastic piece of hardware and frankly putting it into words is difficult! The games need a little working on, excluding Halo which is almost perfect. I like games like Halo for their RPG value and for action adventure.

Can anyone out there reccomend an RPG or action adventure game which will be any good! Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic looks to be a stunner. As for Obi Wan, Im debating wether to buy it or not.

There a nice long post for you, just t make up for my absense, lol.

Mr.XboxLover

-=Vive Les Xbox=-

Good to hear you like it and that the launch seemed to go well. Now we just need some sale numbers.

rent obi wan first ,i like it but alot of people dont ,i think you should pick up a copy of max payne when you get a chance!
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

hey, thats great mr.xboxlover! how was the launch there at the UK? did it sell out? just wait till you get to play RSC...that game is way better than PGR in graphics
    5 National Championships...13 Final Fours...Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Talking Hewwo

Hiya,

RSC is a good game for people who like driving games, but they certainly are not my forté. Also I do not think graphics are too important as long as a game has a good feel and sucks you in.

All the reviews of Obi Wan are very poor indeed, and from the footage I have seen the battle droids dont put up any resistance. On the other hand give me a light saber and I'll be happy anyday! Bzzzzzzzzz....bzzzzzzzzzzzz.... feel the force!!

Selling figures most likly will not be released for about another week. I will try and do some digging and see what I can find. Like I say the hype has not been spectacular, then again the same was said of PS2. The main Brittish cities did well in sales ( as you could tell from the streams of people) but other areas were just not selling anything. It will be interesting to see. Here in Norfolk many do not herald the dawn of Xbox, let alone GameCube, and dont want their PS2s to be rediculed. The expence of Xbox is what holds them back. Therefore when prices drop I am sure they will go out and get one.

I am waiting for Buffy! I just cannot wait to get that game! A well structured fighting game, wopppeeeeee! I think it will be a league of its own but im sure it will be fun and captivating.

Mr.XboxLover
    -=Vive Les Xbox=-

Default Re: Hewwo

Originally posted by Mr.XboxLover
    Hiya,

RSC is a good game for people who like driving games, but they certainly are not my forté. Also I do not think graphics are too important as long as a game has a good feel and sucks you in.
    I'm not really into driving games, until I bought Rallisport Challenge. I love everything about the game, from the gameplay to the graphics. I love it all!
    Hidden Content
    i waited for you
    i died inside my own head
    and i'd die again for you

i'm faded and tired
    completely uninspired
    and i'd die again for you

so kill me with the love that you won't give to me
    and pack the wound with salt i want to feel it bleed

Default Re: Re: Hewwo

Originally posted by gula

I'm not really into driving games, until I bought Rallisport Challenge. I love everything about the game, from the gameplay to the graphics. I love it all!
    Yea man, same with me, although I havn't bought it yet, Iv'e played it a store called funcoland. This game is awesome.

Default Re: My Little UK Report

Then DOA3, what a dissappointment! The graphics are great but as for "story mode" where the hell is the story!!!! The gameplay is rubbish and all i can find use for it is as a multiplayer bit of fun when drunk. Maybe my views of these games will change once I have played them a little more!
    I agree with this. I completed syory mode in just under 1hr on the default setting. I didn't really see where the story was, but did get the point that nearly all the characters are related. But I did enjoy the end videos -- especially the girls ones.

Also, i have been playing Halo for hours on the default setting, and I am on level 6, this is a great game.........can't express how good it is.

I have got PGR (I got the same games as you!) and am impressed with this. I have set up two profiles, but one is the cheat to get all cars and tracks and I use his profile just for Multiplayer games when me mates come round to show off the range of cars and quality of the game.

Anyway, I'm off now, play more Halo until 28th March when I get Silent Hill 2.
    Matt Cox - The official XBA European Buddy!
    Xbox Live Gamertag - xboxmanchester

Well, here in the US, Rally's are ... well unknown to be kind. And I'm a lousy driver, even in a normal car, to say nothing of driving games. I don't like PGR at all, can't understand the interest some people have in it. But, I saw RSC in a game store here in Texas, and it is super! Great to play, and I don't like driving games either. When I do get my Box next month, I will get it with my Xbox.

blub blub blub

This might be offtopic here. but I have to respond to the DOA accusations. Story mode has never been a strong point in any of the DOA games. They don't attempt to tell a deep and intricate story like the beloved Halo or MGS2. Story mode simply gives out a little info on each of the characters. Furthermore, DOA isn't really a single player type of game. It's the type of game to play when your friends come over, and there is where it really shines.

I'm always hearing about how DOA3 sucks and so on...I really can't see that being true. Here's why: Tecmo has sold over 500,000 copies and recounted all their costs already. Now, out of that 1/2 million sold, you would think you could find it used or for rent somewhere easily. Every video rental place I've been to never has DOA in for rent. It's always out. And every game shop I know never has DOA available in their used game inventory. Either it sells immediately or people just aren't trading it in.

I, for one, am looking forward to the bonus add-on disk coming in June for DOA. There is no dust on my copy for sure We should be thankful that Tecmo is giving out a FREE add-on for a game...it's their way of saying thanks to us Xbox owners for buying their game. Hopefully more developers will follow suit and release bonus materials. Well, I'm done ranting now

Default Re: My Little UK Report

As you might have noticed (probably not) this is my first post for quite a little while.... and guess why! Yep... that's right I got my UK Xbox.

Xbox launch was a big success with the street packed at 12 o'clock in my little town all queing for their lovely Xboxs'. Yet still not as many as I would have liked, seems everyone loves their PS2s far too much.

The Xbox itself was faaaaaarrrrr smaller than I was led to believe. I'd say it is the same size as an old stand alone DVD player. The US imports I have seen were much larger, well I thought they were! Probably my imagination.

I first tested the DVD player, yes I know I should have tried Halo first, and my jaw just dropped. I hadnt hit the games but the DVD player just smacked me across the face. I dont knwo if it was my advanced scart cable but that DVD player rocks!!! The crystal clarity of it all astounded me. And all soooooo silent.

The dashboard is like nothing I have ever seen before in my life!!! It was so easy to navigate as well as providing a piece of delicate eye candy which could do nothing but amaze!

So I put in Halo, and to begin with I wasnt that amazed, the movements were rather dodgy to begin with. Captain Keyes mouth just made me laugh. I soon found myself lost in the games remarkable gameplay, landing you in the action right away. Luckily all those half-life addon packs had prepared me for that moment. Once you get onto the actual Halo, again my jaw dropped. The detail was outstanding and the action superb. I have never played a game which managed to incorporate stunning gameplay with fluent high res graphics. You actually see blades of grass, and "good-bye triangular trees" this ones have leaves! This has to be the most awesome game of all time.

The other games failed to impress. Project Gotham was far too difficult to start with but after much perseverance I now am hitting gold. I can only play it on and off and dont lose myself within the game. Then DOA3, what a dissappointment! The graphics are great but as for "story mode" where the hell is the story!!!! The gameplay is rubbish and all i can find use for it is as a multiplayer bit of fun when drunk. Maybe my views of these games will change once I have played them a little more!

The Xbox itself is a fantastic piece of hardware and frankly putting it into words is difficult! The games need a little working on, excluding Halo which is almost perfect. I like games like Halo for their RPG value and for action adventure.

Can anyone out there reccomend an RPG or action adventure game which will be any good! Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic looks to be a stunner. As for Obi Wan, Im debating wether to buy it or not.

There a nice long post for you, just t make up for my absense, lol.

Mr.XboxLover

My experience of Halo was quite like yours.. first i wasnt so impressed by its graphics when i was inside the ship but when i crashed on Halo it was absolutely one of the best if not the best game graphics i have seen in my whole life. I didnt think Doa3 sucked as much as you did Bring a friend over and take time to learn the gameplay and i think you will change your mind. Dont just press the buttons try to think! I havent played it more than 1 hour or so.... its just one of those games you have to play awhile before you start to like it. okey enough whit this bullsh*t lets start gaming!!!!
    DenniZ
    http://www.pcvsconsole.com/images/hank/burnut.jpg

Simular story with Halo here. I wasn't that impressed at first on the ship. Then, on the planet I was pleasantly suprised but the first time I stopped and went "WOW" was when you are out at night with the marines and they all have torches that show up all the bump-mapping!!

Default halo, dribble dribble

yep got my xbox thursday, and i whacked in project gotham right away, (halo had to wait till the wife and sprog had left,or i knew that all they'd get from me where mummbles) and i was well impressed, lush graphics, good controls, played it for an hour, taking turns with the misses, then of she trotted(till monday), and in went halo, (and the fear that the control system would be beyond my grasp, two stick things for movement,gulp, would i be forever running around facing the floor, stuck in corners) but the fear was unfounded, with in a few minutes, 15 tops, i felt at ease, though trying to hit melee, without leaping 3 ft in the air stayed for hours, pesky buttons to close together, but what a game, what graphics, what realism, what enemy ai, all beyond my wildest dreams, i finished it sunday, after many,many hours of play, (anyone else got halo neck, this weekend ouch) and some of the levels had me drooling, war, total war, i see where combat evoled comes from, so i'm very happy with both purchases, halo has tons of replay value, and as long as i have the xbox, i will have halo, what a console, what games, and the best is yet to come i'm lead to belive, bilmey.

Jade, I didn't like your signature too much, so I decided to spice it up a little:

(attached - or should be!)
    Matt Cox - The official XBA European Buddy!
    Xbox Live Gamertag - xboxmanchester

Cool Good To Hear

Hiya Again,

A day or so on.... the Xbox still rocks my world.

Halo, I have nearly finsihed and it is still a brilliant game and I really cant wait to try multiplayer out sometime!

DOA3 has not chnaged in my opinion, I have learned alot fo the moves and it still seems a fairly pointless game. With little or no structure. We'll see if my view changes in the future.

Project Gotham gets better and better, the more I become accustomed with the tracks the more times I hit Gold. Its a good game.

This is a quick update as I have little time to write tonight.

Mr.XboxLover
    -=Vive Les Xbox=-

Default Re: Good To Hear

Hiya Again,

A day or so on.... the Xbox still rocks my world.

Halo, I have nearly finsihed and it is still a brilliant game and I really cant wait to try multiplayer out sometime!

DOA3 has not chnaged in my opinion, I have learned alot fo the moves and it still seems a fairly pointless game. With little or no structure. We'll see if my view changes in the future.

Project Gotham gets better and better, the more I become accustomed with the tracks the more times I hit Gold. Its a good game.

This is a quick update as I have little time to write tonight.

Mr.XboxLover
    Yeah nice to know you love the XBOX I thinkI have to say and that is get that nasty though out of your head Obi Wan(abe)
    It's SHYT

Default Re: Re: Good To Hear

Originally posted by Afro Aura

Yeah nice to know you love the XBOX I thinkI have to say and that is get that nasty though out of your head Obi Wan(abe)
    It's SHYT
    Aura, are you trying to say your opinion of the xbox has changed? That you no longer like it?

Wink Hiya

Well at £50 a game I wont be making any rash decisions. I will rent Obi Wan out first, although that isnt quite so easy where I live.

Hope you are all enjoying your Xboxs'

Well it's 7:00 in the morning here and so I need to get ready.

Mr.XboxLover
    -=Vive Les Xbox=-

Default Re: Re: Re: Good To Hear

Originally posted by thunderkiss2k1

Aura, are you trying to say your opinion of the xbox has changed? That you no longer like it?
    No mate I love my XBOXes I'm just saying Obi Wan(abe) is rubbish thats all.
    Don't worry mate I'm not gonna hate the XBOX as I've got 2 one US and one PAL

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Good To Hear

Originally posted by Afro Aura

No mate I love my XBOXes I'm just saying Obi Wan(abe) is rubbish thats all.
    Don't worry mate I'm not gonna hate the XBOX as I've got 2 one US and one PAL
    Whew! You had me worried there mate! Lol, peace.

Thread Information