Thread: Long time Player/Collector here to see what's what.

Wink Long time Player/Collector here to see what's what.

Hello all, glad to see this is overall a chill place.

As stated I am a long time gamer, a competitive one at that. I play mainly Fighting games as my competitive genre of choice (Tekken, SoulCalibur, StreetFighter, GuiltyGear) and I am a pretty active game collector.

I'm mainly interested in talking about the Original Xbox (I system I felt was very underrated historically), collecting for it (I am very close to having a complete domestic collection) and the games I loved to play on it. But also have a lot of interest in following the progress of the XBone, as it sounds intriguing but has nothing yet that really wows me. I hope some people here will shed some light on why it's so sought after, aside from the "new tech-need it now" types that just buy it to have it.

My favorite (non-fighting, because I love most fighters automatically :P) games for the Xboxes so far-

Original:
    Metal Wolf Chaos
    Phantom Dust
    SW: KotOR 1 & 2
    Jade Empire
    Syberia 2
    Halo
    Crimson Skies
    Grabbed By Ghoulies
    Advent Rising
    Jedi Outcast

360:
    Mass Effect 1-3
    Culdcept Saga
    Rainbow Six Vegas 1 & 2
    Blue Dragon
    Dead Rising 1 & 2
    Catherine
    Bayonetta
    COD MW 1 & 2 (3 kinda sucked imo)
    Death Smiles

Games I look forward to on XBone:
    Dead Rising 3
    - any good non-Killer Instinct Fighting game :P

Nice to meet everyone, and I hope to meet some fellow Xbox collectors!!

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

Welcome to xba! I'm an avid collector as well but focused on more limited editions than regular games. I've unf had to sell my library in the past but the sadness felt while selling was short lived once $4,000 hit my account lol. So that's what I'm in the process of doing now, but I'm rebuilding w rare items such as a metal AC 3 autographed case w over 10 signatures and a me3 case signed by over 20 ppl at bioware. I'm glad you're a fighting game fan and am addicted to them as well, including ki lol. That to me was a day one system seller of the xb1 lol

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

Thanks for the welcome Symmetric

I've read quite a few of your posts, I can certainly tell you are hardcore. KI I was looking forward to until I played an early build at Evo this year, it was awful in my opinion and I know since it was a really early test build... that's not enough to pass official judgement, but it is certainly not enough to warrant buying a new system for. (Especially when I have a backlog of like 400 games to play on previous systems anyways :P). I'd say on 360, the game I played most on XBL was SC5, and before that SC4, two of my faves to begin with.

I do have quite a few limited editions as well, I also collect arcade hardware and unique fan paraphenalia from series/franchises I really like. Maybe once I build up some rep here we can exchange pics in a collector's thread

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

Lol yeah I had a chance to play the new ki at this past e3 and while the controls were different at first there seemed to be more of a focus on different types of counters and breakers than in games past. Lol I know it's a horrible reason to buy n Xbox one but honestly since I can't get an arcade cabinet of ki then this is my must have backup plan ya know? I loooooooove the sc games! I remember racking in over 300 hours back in the day on dreamcast and I've enjoyed it ever since. Yeah I'm sure everyone here at xba would love to see pics of your collection. If you ever got into halo you should see pics of Variation's collection. He's a mild fan. Lol

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

Quote Originally Posted by Symmetric-XBA View Post
    Yeah I'm sure everyone here at xba would love to see pics of your collection. If you ever got into halo you should see pics of Variation's collection. He's a mild fan. Lol
    Yea I wanna see my competition
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

The Halo portion of my collection is nothing special, so I totally yield on that front. I just have collector's editions (whatever was the most expensive versions) of every Halo game and a few of the first run action figures.

I have 2 japanese jamma cabinets- one taito egret 26 (with rotatable screen for shmups) and one very sleek Tekken 6 HD Noir cabinet I got for what anyone would call a steal. I have the Noir modded with cthulus to play all current gen systems and my egret I just toss whatever arcade boards i feel like in.

My collection aside from that is just tons of games and figures, i have about 4000 games for various systems and collect cool unique stuff for mainly fighting games I love like Tekken, SC and Guilty Gear.

Once I get used to posting here I'll be sure to bomb someone's brag thread with my stuff

I'm pretty new to this whole collecting thing and don't know I have have a piece of crap or something of value. Its a Lotus Xbox original steering wheel with signed books and concept art(almost mint). I'm looking to sell it and don't know where the best place for that would be? Any help or advise would be greatly appreciated.

Thread Information