Thread: Xbox One S - I will indeed buy one

Default Xbox One S - I will indeed buy one

Hey Folks,

With the release date of the Xbox One S right around the corner, I know some people have some interest, while others have none. For me I am in the "have" category. I am kinda excited for it too. With the following I'll tell you why:

- Play games the exact same resolution as the original Xbox One
    - Upscale to 4K (but not have 4K native gaming)
    - Have a 4K Blu-ray player
    - Stream 4K content (aka from netflix, youtube, etc...)
    - Support HDR on Blu-ray and streaming content
    - Internal Power Supply
    - 40% Smaller that original Xbox One

In a nutshell, it's a great buy for those wanting to get an Xbox, or looking for a 4K Blu-ray player with HDR support. Sure, it may not be as great for current owners of the original Xbox, or people who do not own a 4K display, but with what I mention above, it is for me. My Xbox One in the home office is also my Xbox that I used when I travel with my GAEMS Vanguard, so having the 40% smaller Xbox One S, with the Internal Power Supply, will be even MORE handy.

One of the companies I liaise with also has some 4K monitors coming out. I would love to tell you who, but I am under NDA. That being said, when they told me they have some new 4K monitors in the pipeline, I was even more sold on the Xbox One S.

In the end I know I will be happy with the Xbox One S. Yes, others may not, but if there are those who are considering and Xbox One the S is even more reason.

And just so you know, I'll be crazy and by Project Scorpio when it releases too. Yep, that is me.

Cheers,

Outtie

XBA Forum Administrator Shawn-XBA's Avatar

Same here Outtie, I will also be getting the Xbox One S. My reasons are much like yours, I'm looking forward to HDR gaming, 4k streaming, and 4k blu-ray the most. I'll be getting the 2gb model coming out here in a couple of weeks. I have a 4k TV so I think this will look amazing on it.

As for the Project Scorpio, I already plan on buying that as well. I really want to know more information about it. E317 will I'm sure be an in depth look into the system, and I can't wait!

I started out in gaming playing the NES, and have owed every single Nintendo console. When Microsoft came out with the original Xbox I just had to have it, mostly due to Halo. As Xbox has evolved it has been a must have for me every console cycle, and has me locked in just like Nintendo has for years. I hope Microsoft continues to sell consoles as I would truly miss the Xbox line up of consoles.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Follow me on Twitter: Hidden Content
    Watch me on Twitch: Hidden Content
    Subscribe on YouTube: Hidden Content
    Email/Skype: Hidden Content

Would LOVE to get one, just can't afford it at the moment. That being said, I will be saving for a Day 1 Scorpio without question. Would be nice to get a 4K TV to go along with it, but I'll save for the VR headset to go along with.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

So apparently if you don't have a 4k TV, you wont see any of the benefits of the upgrade, other than the size.

As for me I will wait for Scorpio!
    Dave Kujan: Do you believe in him, Verbal?
    Verbal: Keaton always said, "I don't believe in God, but I'm afraid of him. Well I believe in God, and the only thing that scares me is Creeping Judas."

XBA Forum Administrator Shawn-XBA's Avatar

I hooked my Xbox One S up last night, looks really nice. Very quite without the power brick. 4k movie streaming looks really nice. I don't have any 4k blu-ray disks as of yet to test out. I haven't played any games as of yet, but I've read that some games have a better frame rate with the Xbox One S than the original so that's nice. Can't wait for Scorpio to come out next year.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Follow me on Twitter: Hidden Content
    Watch me on Twitch: Hidden Content
    Subscribe on YouTube: Hidden Content
    Email/Skype: Hidden Content

Hooked mine up this weekend. So quiet and small. I plan to buy a 4K monitor/small TV in the near future, but until then, I am happy having the 2TB internal, smaller WHITE Xbox One S that is quieter and will be easy to move along in my GAEMS Vanguard or backpack (when I take M240 along). Even though I am no using the new S controller, it sure is pretty in white.

My only gripe is the USB placement, I don't like how they put them side by side, and there should be more than 2 on the back too.

Anyhow, those are my quick impressions.

Outtie

Quote Originally Posted by TheOutcast-XBA View Post
    Hooked mine up this weekend. So quiet and small. I plan to buy a 4K monitor/small TV in the near future, but until then, I am happy having the 2TB internal, smaller WHITE Xbox One S that is quieter and will be easy to move along in my GAEMS Vanguard or backpack (when I take M240 along). Even though I am no using the new S controller, it sure is pretty in white.

My only gripe is the USB placement, I don't like how they put them side by side, and there should be more than 2 on the back too.

Anyhow, those are my quick impressions.

Outtie
    Ugh, I want one SO bad!
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Not trying to be a hater on the Xbox one s because I like it a lot but Phil spencer said it just right in this YouTube video

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=eCFig7lGyEs

After looking at that clip I will be waiting for the project Scorpio. Now if you have the money and your upgrading from Xbox 360 to an Xbox one than Xbox one s is the box for you.
    Last edited by Nato King; 09-23-2016 at 08:19 AM.

You bring up a valid point for sure.

For me I wanted the new one as i like white, I like the form factor, and I like having the option to play 4K discs (our internet providers here in Canada hate us LOL), and I like the fact that it is a bit, and I say A BIT, more powerful helping games out. I am researching HDR 4K TVs and will be buying one soon.

Cheers,

Outtie

Quote Originally Posted by TheOutcast-XBA View Post
    You bring up a valid point for sure.

For me I wanted the new one as i like white, I like the form factor, and I like having the option to play 4K discs (our internet providers here in Canada hate us LOL), and I like the fact that it is a bit, and I say A BIT, more powerful helping games out. I am researching HDR 4K TVs and will be buying one soon.

Cheers,

Outtie
    I see what you mean. Well that's why I like forums you learn from people. Let us know when you get it and up load a picuture are you getting a bundle not sure if they even sell bundles in Canada. Let us know

Sorry I just reading up I see that you already have it now you have to post a picture or even a video. Lol
    Last edited by Nato King; 09-23-2016 at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nato King View Post
    are you getting a bundle not sure if they even sell bundles in Canada.
    We get basically the same stuff as the states, just way more expensive :/
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Oh I see well where I stay which is the sunny island of Bermuda things are expensive too. Just to buy a hard copy of a game will set you back 80 bucks and don't even talk about the ultimate edition will cost you about 130 and not the regular 99 bucks. So I buy all my games now on the Xbox E copy

Quote Originally Posted by Nato King View Post
    Oh I see well where I stay which is the sunny island of Bermuda things are expensive too. Just to buy a hard copy of a game will set you back 80 bucks and don't even talk about the ultimate edition will cost you about 130 and not the regular 99 bucks. So I buy all my games now on the Xbox E copy
    Yup same here, so sadly I've bought less titles because they cost so much more.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Thread Information