Poll: Will you purchase XBOX Controller S??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Will you purchase the XBOX CONTROLLER S?

Default Will you purchase the XBOX CONTROLLER S?

I like to avoid posting up stupid polls like "What is your favorite genre?". I did find the introduction of the new smaller XBOX controller to be surprising and interesting. I thought that the XBOX stood out because of its nice graphicsa nd BIG controller.

I know I'm not going to buy the darn thing, but I know that some people will because they have stupid complaints. I want to get a sense of how well the new controller will do.

NEW PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OLD PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by wweomaniac; 03-20-2002 at 05:00 PM.

I've already got the japanese controller.... it really is nice. I use my big controller all the time, but my friends who are short and underdeveloped really really appreciate the smaller controller.

just food for thought
    Of course that's just my opinion... I could be wrong.

Default Re: Will you purchase the XBOX CONTROLLER S?

Originally posted by wwfomaniac
    I like to avoid posting up stupid polls like "What is your favorite genre?".
    how the hell is that a stupid poll?
    and i voted yes....
    i mite get it....depending on a few things...
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

No, I'm sick of small controllers. I can't even play on a PSX or PS2 now. Don't get me started on GC. So I'll stick with the big one.

Of course I'll still test it out if they have it at a store. I just hate that the buttons are in different positions.
    Hidden Content quality="high"pluginspage="Hidden Content type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="150"height="125">
    ---Hidden Content ---

Default Re: Re: Will you purchase the XBOX CONTROLLER S?

Originally posted by E-Xbox

how the hell is that a stupid poll?
    and i voted yes....
    i mite get it....depending on a few things...
    i dont like those polls because they are too basic and have been asked time and time again. It doesnt take any thought and the dude is just trying to get posts. Why would you want to know?? Its jsut that they make aboot a milliion surveys asking that exaact question!!!!!!!!!!!!11

I'm not gonna get it, I actually bought the Japanese controller and i'm in the process of trading it for the American version. I'm so use to the State's version that my thumbs actually hurt when I use the japanese version. I say if your use to the american one you don't need to change it.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by Piccolo_DBz
    I'm not gonna get it, I actually bought the Japanese controller and i'm in the process of trading it for the American version. I'm so use to the State's version that my thumbs actually hurt when I use the japanese version. I say if your use to the american one you don't need to change it.
    You know, I was debating on whether to get one or not. I already have three of the normal XBox controllers...and I was thinking about getting a fourth. I was thinking about getting the type S just to try it out and see if I liked it...but, what you and Lynxfx said, both of you make great points.

Personally, I absolutely LOVE the normal XBox controllers...I guess, why get rid of a good thing? I probably will be disappointed and end up selling it or something. I have a buddy that I work part-time with at an electronics store and he has the type S controller and prefers it. I could just try his or just buy one, and if I don't like it, I can trade mine for his. There wouldn't be any risk since the guy treats his gaming equipment exceptionally well.

Yes, I will buy one. I like the original controller, but my friend likes the smaller controllers I think it would make I good fourth controller.

Default hmmm

You do have a point. A lot of my friends who come over do like the smaller type of controllers. Hmmm..

I never thought of it that way. I feel so selfish. Anyways... I also have three controllers. You know what? I don't care what my friends think. They all like the XBOX for its games and graphics anyways. The controller is easy to use and quite adaptable. My stance stays the same on this issue.

nope not me! i too have 3 regular xbox controllers...and 1 by interact ...what a waste of good money....i really like the regular ones, and so do all my friends whenever they come over to the house...whenever they come over, whoever is the "outcast" gets the interact one ..its pretty sad

but anyways, nope...i don't think im going to get it...with that price, i'd rather get the regular xbox controller
    5 National Championships...13 Final Fours...Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

i don't have 1 complaint about the current xbox controler, i love it, but, i also love the s, i plan on getting a whole set of em

also, it seems to me this is not just a smaller controler, but an updated, one, better life and reation maybe, or better sensitivity with the pressure sensitive buttons...
    Last edited by manchufu; 03-18-2002 at 09:04 PM.
    "He's just playing wiggle puppy."

I guess you guys don't play Gotham for hours and hours. After about 3 hours your right trigger hand starts to really hurt. I have JPN one and I don't get that problem. I guess I have to buy the S version for my buddy who comes over so there won't be an excuse of me beating him because of the controller.
    trojan

i got the jap controler and it is a great controler way better to play tonyhawk and dead or alive with it

where did everyone get there s controllers,i didnt think they were out in till april
    Hidden Content props to Caged Soul for the sig an props to my mom for giving birth to me

s controler will be out in april but u can order the same controler the japan ver online www.ncsx.com i got mine from www.tronix.com the difference is the jap controler cable is smaller than the us ver and the triggers feel alittle bit lose..

sorry the adress is tronixweb.com

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by tech
    I guess you guys don't play Gotham for hours and hours. After about 3 hours your right trigger hand starts to really hurt. I have JPN one and I don't get that problem. I guess I have to buy the S version for my buddy who comes over so there won't be an excuse of me beating him because of the controller.
    Tech...try using your Middle finger instead of your index finger for the right trigger while playing Gotham. You'll find that you will never have your hand get tired

I don't give a **** about the this whole controller thread. I just want to know why in the hell do you call people communist who want to buy the S controller.

Originally posted by Toder
    I don't give a **** about the this whole controller thread. I just want to know why in the hell do you call people communist who want to buy the S controller.

LOL!!! Its just a joke. I don't like communism and I am the most right wing person you'll ever see. I am probably beyond the right side of the political continuum.

I truly don't think you're communism if you like the smaller controller... and if you do, it doesn't mean you are. Its just comical. Have a laugh.

I don't get it though. More than 180 people have seen this thread although less than 30 have done the poll. THis must be the works of communists!! Ahhhhhhhhh

you know how you can charge up your plasma pistol, well my sister has trouble holding down the back triger and walking at the same time. i was thinking about getting her one of those mad catz controllers but should i get her an S instead?

Thread Information