Thread: Where is everyone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Where is everyone?

As mentioned in a recent post, I am just trying to get back into gaming after being on a parenthood-related hiatus since 2012 (if I can get the wife on board), and so I hadn't been here in years. I can't help but notice a large decrease in user activity here in the forums. I really miss the prior levels of activity when I used to frequent the XBA. There always seemed to be an unending supply of users giving advice and starting interesting conversations. Where did everyone go?

Salut,

Sur You tube, je crois

Philippe

You mean they are posting vids to youtube? Is that really a substitute for discussions?

Non, je pense que Xboxaddict a encore toute sa place
    Il faut dire quand meme que le site est en gestation avec une nouvelle equipe dirigeante

Philippe

We have not sent out the official email that we are indeed back good sir.

We have an email ready to do, but we just want to fine tune it now that we have lots of content on the site and continue to make in-roads with the bigger players who publish games.

Don't forget we have the Xbox Addict group on the Xbox One as well.

I know that forums are not as BIG as they used to be, but we are slowly getting busy here.

Great to have you back.

Cheers,

Kirby Y

Also forget, the site was offically "closed for over a year" as Stephen kinda retired and the site was left online as an archive so to speak. So with that in mind, getting back to some sort of active levels will take time.

Sorry forgot to add that to the above reply.

Kirby Y

So how are things coming on this? I keep expecting to see an official email. Starting to feel a bit like Game of Thrones. "Winter is coming" but man did it take forever to come.

With XBA being 'closed' for about a year, a lot of people simply don't know we've been back for some time now, hence why we're going to email members to let them know shortly. As Kirby said, we're just fine tuning a few things beforehand.

Things change too, as now people use Facebook/Twitter for a bulk of their interactions, where that wasn't the face back when XBA began with its forums. We also try to game together whenever possible and a bunch of us are focusing on bringing new and updated content as well to the front page (reviews, news, articles, etc)
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

This sounds great. I'll be looking for the email and can't wait for things to ramp up here. Facebook may be ok for some, but I have very few Facebook friends who game, so that would be a very ineffective outlet for me.

On Xbox Live a lot, with the gamertag JohnnyXeo. Hint hint.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

I am alive and kickin'!!!

Don't forget we have the Xbox Addict group on the Xbox One as well.

Quote Originally Posted by l maximus l View Post
    i am alive and kickin'!!!
    omg maxi!!!! :d
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by l Maximus l View Post
    I am alive and kickin'!!!
    Oh my Maximus haven't seen you in years good to see your still around. Life going good for you.

Thread Information