Thread: Upgraded 360 to One S, some XBLA games not showing as purchased

Default Upgraded 360 to One S, some XBLA games not showing as purchased

Ok, so I just got an Xbox One S after being out of gaming since 2012. I got it all set up and spent at least 2 hours updating system software, installing games, and even a controller update? That's weird. In the several years I played my 360 I never had a controller update.

In any case, I logged into my account and a few points of interest.

1. My gamer avatar is the same as it was when I created it in 2005 (clothes, hairstyle, etc.) but does not reflect the changes to the appearance I made to it probably in around 2010. I gamed this way for at least two years but now it is as if I never made those changes.

2. Second and more important issue is that I had several Xbox live arcade games that I had bought/downloaded on my 360. A couple of these automatically appeared as free downloads in my queue (NBA Jam on fire edition, and Lode Runner). However, most of these are not showing in my queue and finding them in the store they are showing as I would have to buy them when I already have (Hexic HD, Bionic Commando 2: Rearmed, Galaga, PacMan CE). I know these are on the backward compatibility list and I did previously pay for them. Any thoughts on why these are not showing as free to re-download?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ tx View Post
    Ok, so I just got an Xbox One S after being out of gaming since 2012. I got it all set up and spent at least 2 hours updating system software, installing games, and even a controller update? That's weird. In the several years I played my 360 I never had a controller update.

In any case, I logged into my account and a few points of interest.

1. My gamer avatar is the same as it was when I created it in 2005 (clothes, hairstyle, etc.) but does not reflect the changes to the appearance I made to it probably in around 2010. I gamed this way for at least two years but now it is as if I never made those changes.

2. Second and more important issue is that I had several Xbox live arcade games that I had bought/downloaded on my 360. A couple of these automatically appeared as free downloads in my queue (NBA Jam on fire edition, and Lode Runner). However, most of these are not showing in my queue and finding them in the store they are showing as I would have to buy them when I already have (Hexic HD, Bionic Commando 2: Rearmed, Galaga, PacMan CE). I know these are on the backward compatibility list and I did previously pay for them. Any thoughts on why these are not showing as free to re-download?
    The only thing I can think of is that you possibly originally bought them on a different account maybe? Your 360 and One account are one in the same, so if you bought the games, and they are backwards compatible, they will automatically just show up.

Check the My Games and Apps and then the Ready To Install section, everything you own digitally should be there, including backwards compatible 360 games.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Hey There,

As Variation said, check the Ready to Install area, as I know I found a ****-ton of games that were ready to download from the xbox 360 and that are backwards compatible. If that doesn't work, you can always try to fire up an old Xbox 360 of yours (if you still have it) just to see if they are there, and then go back and see if they come up on the Xbox One.

Let us know how things work out.

Outtie

I thought I had posted this reply already but it never appeared so either I didn't click submit, or there was a submission error. In any case, here it is...

I only have ever had one account, so no dual account issue. Also, I did find the "ready to install" area. I assumed I would just have to search out games on the marketplace one by one and then re-download. But having them all right in one central place to download is pretty smart of Microsoft. This is where I re-downloaded NBA Jam, and LodeRunner, but the rest of my purchases are not there for some reason.

I had a chat with Xbox support a bit ago while at work. They advised me to delete gamer profile, then turn off and unplug console, then hold front button 30 seconds to drain power, then leave off for 3 minutes. After this boot up and re-download gamer profile to see if it helps. I am a bit skeptical, but may try. Honestly, not sure how much I will play these other games anyway, but its the principle that I am not able to access what I paid for.

Something else on this...

So as mentioned, I had changed my gamer avatar a few years ago. Original avatar had hair and a solid t shirt, then along the way I changed it to a shaved head look with a stripe t shirt and sunglasses. These were the customization features that I had said didn't carry over on the new console. Interestingly, If I login to xbox.com, my main avatar icon has the old hair, but if I drill down on my avatar, it shows me the newer version with clothes and hair update. Yet, on the Xbox One S, I believe it is only showing the original avatar.

Resurrecting this old thread. After receiving the instructions above from Xbox support to delete my gamer profile and add it back, I was skeptical and also thought it might mean I would have to redownload/reinstall other games and so I never got around to doing it, until tonight. I tried it and no change. It was easy enough, but even though I still have a few old xbla games(nba jam on fire edition, lode runner, I still don’t have or access to play or
    download galaga, contra, or Pac-Man CE. Any thoughts? Would
    Love to have these back.

Can't think of anything else. You sure they were on the same gamertag/account? Not sure why some wouldn't show.
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Variation-XBA View Post
    Can't think of anything else. You sure they were on the same gamertag/account? Not sure why some wouldn't show.
    Unfortunately I am 100% sure, same gamertag, never had any others. I did a chat with Xbox support again yesterday, they asked a bunch of questions, and then since I wasn't home with my xbox they said they would email troubleshooting steps. Annoying, the first part was completely just a duplication, I told them on the call I had just deleted gamer profile and redownloaded it with no change, but step one was to do this again. So I won't be doing that again. They then said if that didn't work, to try "refreshing operating system and getting rid of any file corruption that might be interfering" by erasing profiles and resetting to factory default, choosing the option to not delete games or apps. I am skeptical because this has been since day 1, and I can't imagine there was corrupt files right out of the box. I may just give up. Afterall, if I try this and it doesn't work, I am getting the feeling they are not just going to issue me a credit or authorize a free download. So in the end, I may just have to re-purchase anyway if I want them back. Its annoying.

What does it show if you go to those games on the marketplace as if you were going to buy them again? It should just show install
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

Quote Originally Posted by Variation-XBA View Post
    What does it show if you go to those games on the marketplace as if you were going to buy them again? It should just show install
    If I locate any of these games in the store, instead of a "download" or "get" button, it shows a "click to see price" button. If I click, it takes me to the next screen and shows the actual price from the store. I could hit continue there, but I feel like this would charge it to my account credit card if I go any further. I did this years ago on the 360 with NBA 2k12, was looing at the details screen and clicked continue and I accidentally purchased it in this same manner, just clicked the wrong button. I didn't want it and never downloaded it. Tried to get a refund, again by talking to xbox support, but they wouldn't give me anything. B@stards. So anyway, yeah I don't think I am getting these older purchases back without buying them again. I emailed the support agent who gave me the troubleshooting steps to ask if it was unsuccessful if they would issue me a download code or credit, but of course no reply.

If I locate any of these games in the store, instead of a "download" or "get" button, it shows a "click to see price" button. If I click, it takes me to the next screen and shows the actual price from the store. I could hit continue there, but I feel like this would charge it to my account credit card if I go any further. I did this years ago on the 360 with NBA 2k12, was looing at the details screen and clicked continue and I accidentally purchased it in this same manner, just clicked the wrong button. I didn't want it and never downloaded it. Tried to get a refund, again by talking to xbox support, but they wouldn't give me anything. B@stards. So anyway, yeah I don't think I am getting these older purchases back without buying them again. I emailed the support agent who gave me the troubleshooting steps to ask if it was unsuccessful if they would issue me a download code or credit, but of course no reply.
    Sounds like the games your missing are not backwards compatible. That would be my guess. As far as I know the click to see price button only shows up for 360 games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by garygnu812 View Post
    Sounds like the games your missing are not backwards compatible. That would be my guess. As far as I know the click to see price button only shows up for 360 games.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    They are 360 games (xbox live arcade specifically) and they are definitely backward compatible. Tyey appear on the BC list, and I also can see the achievements I have earned from these if I log in to my account at Xbox.com. The ones not showing for redownload are Contra, Galaga, Pacman CE, Bionic Commando: 2 Rearmed. The ones that worked with no issue are Lode Runner, Hexic HD, Assassin's Creed III, NBA Jam On Fire Edition.

I just did a little more research and figured something out. Partly this is my error. So I could have sworn that the game I had was Bionic Commando 2: Rearmed, not realizing there was both Rearmed and Rearmed 2 in the series. I had the first one, but it is the sequel that is on the BC list. So this explains the issue with Bionic, but I should still be able to get Contra, Galaga and Pacman CE.

Another interesting detail, logging into my gamer profile on xbox.com, I see all these achievements for all games, but under "My Games" only the titles that I was able to successfully re-download are showing. Contra, Galaga, etc. do not show up here. I wonder what the heck is going on. Obviously I had the games if I have the achievements showing.

I got it all set up and spent at least 2 hours updating system software, installing games, and even a controller update? That's weird. In the several years I played my 360 I never had a controller update.
    IIRC, Microsoft didn't really have the ability to update controllers on the Xbox 360. They could update the system and how it worked with controllers, but they couldn't update the firmware on the controller itself.

I was going to suggest licensing issues as a potential reason for them not showing up for you, but that wouldn't make sense. Here's something to try: if you go to the game's page from your Xbox 360, do those games you're not seeing show up as purchased/owned? If they do, then something really weird is going on, if they don't then that could very well be why they don't show up in your Ready to Install.

Thread Information