Thread: UNREAL CHAMPIONSHIP - [ NOT ] - Pay to Play!

Exclamation UNREAL CHAMPIONSHIP - [ NOT ] - Pay to Play!

**** CV & G making **** up again...

quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    UC pay-per-play? 3:18 PM - Robert "Apache" Howarth - Consoles: Microsoft X-Box - (5)
    A nasty little rumor started at Computer & Video Games that claimed "UNREAL CHAMPIONSHIP CONFIRMED AS PAY PER PLAY" is indeed false, as Epic VP Mark Rein denied the report (C&VG must be his favorite website by now). "To make it perfectly clear neither Epic, nor Digital Extremes, nor Infogrames is going to be collecting any money from people playing Unreal Championship online." The only thing that could change this, is if Microsoft decides to make its online network a subscriber service. Here's a further clarifaction from a Digital Extremes spokeswoman:

I can officially say that Digital Extremes, Epic or Infogrames will NOT be collecting any money for online play of Unreal Championship. However, Microsoft has stated that they may possibly charge a subscription fee for their online service when it goes live, which is where the confusion comes in.

I believe Microsoft is requiring publishers to put the (subject to subscription fees) disclaimer in all their PR and marketing materials for games that will have online play for Xbox.

So basically we all have to wait and see what Microsoft decides on that front.INFO

Another great link on this
    Last edited by Brevity; 03-19-2002 at 01:58 AM.
    Hidden Content target="_blank">Hidden Content

Put your hand on a hot stove for a min. and it feels like an hour; play a cool game for an hour and it feels like a min. Brevity's def. of relativity.

This is great news. Maybe this means that playing online will be completely free?
    Hidden Content "Stack dead actors, stacked to the rafters
    Line up the b*stards all I want is the truth"

Good news indeed!

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

PunkBuster Support Guru Batman2372's Avatar

Default It's going to cost

As much as we all wish it will be free, it's looking like the chances of Microsoft just "giving" us online capability are small. That's a shame, too, because even something as small as $10 a month would keep a significant number of people from playing online (including me).
    "Who are you?"

"I'm...

Default Re: It's going to cost

Originally posted by Batman2372
    As much as we all wish it will be free, it's looking like the chances of Microsoft just "giving" us online capability are small. That's a shame, too, because even something as small as $10 a month would keep a significant number of people from playing online (including me).
    If the network offeres really good connections (sub 60 Pings) ill be more than happy to pay the 10 Bones.

$29.99 broad band
    + $10.00
    No problem

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

29.99 for Broadband? Damn, I'm paying 39.99. I'd still pay up to 15 or 20 dollars for Xbox online though.

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

$10? Dudes...no sweat. I'll just fork over $120 for the entire year and not worry about paying every month

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

maybe they'll have promotions like sega.net did. shoot..if they do....like i do with every thing else i buy...i'll buy bulk ( numerous years) if availble to save a lil cha-ching.

i have to agree...$10 a month is not that bad...shoot, if i can pay it with the pay im getting, anyone can!
    5 National Championships...13 Final Fours...Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Thread Information