Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official GunValkyrie Thread

The Frew-its of the Devil

The mere fact that no one has bought it (due to skepticism) has made me skeptical. I fear this game now, and I do not rent so I guess I'll wait til I get the newest Demo Disk and spend some time on it.
    "I do not say anything offensive, people simply take offense to the things I say." Keith Valdez '96'

Here in Utopia harmful things such as cars and Barny are no more. All who are worthy recive an Xbox, all others must buy any of the other unworthy systems such as PS9!

Originally posted by bryanhls
    well since hollywood video is having .99 rentals on games for the month of april I will give it a try! Still kinda skeptical!
    YAY!!!
    Hidden Content
    think about it...
    an
    Xtremely Big Outrageous Xtravagant Worior
    will kill a
    Pathetic Slimeball... even when there are 2 of them....
    not to mention obliterate a
    Groaning, Aching, Miserable Elf, a Completely Unworthy Being, Everyday
    Hidden Content

Thumbs up

Gun Valkyrie is marvellous and everyone who looks for a good, hard challenge and loves 3D actiongames should buy this title!
    I don't know how good Metroid Prime for GCN will be when it's done, but it won't be easy to beat Gun Valkyrie - that's for sure!

PS. I finished the game today - everyone else yet?

Cheers
    Witchblade

I have actually done some research over the weekend on this game and everything I hear is nothing but good things from the graphics (some even saying the bes t graphics on the Xbox thus far!! , that's a bold statement!) to the awesome sound fx!

But the only thing negetive im hearing the the controls, and that's from everyone! Some say this game is geared only toward the hardcore gamer with it's up to 3 hour controls learning curve.

Unlike others in this post not willing to give this game a chance because no one else does, I think I will.
    This weekend as a matter of fact.
    I gotta turn in this import boot-up disc that ran me for $20.00 beans so I will only be coughing up $30.00 smackers for this game!

I say why not take chances fellas, try something new and different. You never know, yoiu might say to yourself " d@mn, and I almost pasted this overlooked game up! "

GUNVALKYRIE,.. ONLY ON XBOX!!!..... It's Thinking!........ .... wait a sec,... that's DC's line!

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

I'll try and help you out with my 2 cents Ninja. I just rented it last night and played it and beat the 1st boss. The controls at first, are very intimidating. I was trying to play it like halo, which isn't exactly how it should be played. But once you start using your jet pack to get the enemies on the floor, it does play like halo. (if that made any sense) It plays alot like a platformer, where you have to jump alot and find where you have to go.

It took me almost an hour to complete the third level, cause I couldnt make it to a specific platform. I wanted to throw the controller badly. But beyond that 1 time, I have had loads of fun with it so far. I really think that gamespot and other places should not have a reviewer that simply can not get used to the controls review the game. Trust me, if they got used to the controls, the scores should be much higher. When I return it, I will most likely buy it (thats if I dont beat it) I guess if you have any other question feel free to ask.

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Originally posted by Ninja Scroll
    I have actually done some research over the weekend on this game and everything I hear is nothing but good things from the graphics (some even saying the bes t graphics on the Xbox thus far!! , that's a bold statement!) to the awesome sound fx!

But the only thing negetive im hearing the the controls, and that's from everyone! Some say this game is geared only toward the hardcore gamer with it's up to 3 hour controls learning curve.

Unlike others in this post not willing to give this game a chance because no one else does, I think I will.
    This weekend as a matter of fact.
    I gotta turn in this import boot-up disc that ran me for $20.00 beans so I will only be coughing up $30.00 smackers for this game!

I say why not take chances fellas, try something new and different. You never know, yoiu might say to yourself " d@mn, and I almost pasted this overlooked game up! "

GUNVALKYRIE,.. ONLY ON XBOX!!!..... It's Thinking!........ .... wait a sec,... that's DC's line!

Cool, dude...let us know how it is! I must admit, the game does look more impressive than it did a few months ago. Last weekend, I looked to see if it was available for rent and I didn't even see it on the shelves yet... I'll check again this weekend

I think the people |3itchen about the controls just lack in skillz. Now days most gamers are content with crap like wreckless, Just because its PurDy and All you gotta do is hold 'R' YuK YuK!

Props to SEGA for making a difficult game, instead of a friendly game.

Thanks DZNUTZ for pointing out i put Sony instead of Sega.

*OopS*
    Last edited by JJaX-XBA; 03-25-2002 at 01:57 PM.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

sony?????...u mean sega ..i think...anyways...personally i'll wait and try the demo ... but i'm not one to get all scuuuuured by a game that isn't all easy.

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    sony?????...u mean sega ..i think...anyways...personally i'll wait and try the demo ... but i'm not one to get all scuuuuured by a game that isn't all easy.
    Dont contredict yourself DZ, your obviously scuuuuuuured if your only willing to rent the game and not help it's sales figures.
    Something I care about. It's all good though, it's gonna get my hard earned money this weekend, playboy!

Hey, dont thank me DZNUTZ, that's why im here
    Ninja knows best!

Originally posted by AlBoogy
    I'll try and help you out with my 2 cents Ninja. I just rented it last night and played it and beat the 1st boss. The controls at first, are very intimidating. I was trying to play it like halo, which isn't exactly how it should be played. But once you start using your jet pack to get the enemies on the floor, it does play like halo. (if that made any sense) It plays alot like a platformer, where you have to jump alot and find where you have to go.

It took me almost an hour to complete the third level, cause I couldnt make it to a specific platform. I wanted to throw the controller badly. But beyond that 1 time, I have had loads of fun with it so far. I really think that gamespot and other places should not have a reviewer that simply can not get used to the controls review the game. Trust me, if they got used to the controls, the scores should be much higher. When I return it, I will most likely buy it (thats if I dont beat it) I guess if you have any other question feel free to ask.
    Thanks for your feedback AlBoogy. Dont worry, I understand what you mean.
    But one thing, do you think it's worth you dishing out the $50.00 for it, or are you only happy with the rental alone?

im planning on renting this game over spring break (next week). I was gonna rent another game also... I think its gonna be rallisport challenge. Both seem like really nice games to me

Wink

i'm not contradicting myself ninja......its just that i'm not assuming... ya see..by various reviews ..its pretty much a given fact that this game has a big learning curve. as i said before. so what....but since i haven't played the game...i can't really say if the rest of the factors will please me...ie...gameplay...length....replayability. especially replayability...that is one of my first concerns when it comes to buying games...cuzz if it don't have that...then it better be damn long with a good story. so u see...i aint contradicting nuttin...if sega wants my money..they'll have to earn it like the rest of the developers...not just because the sega logo is on it. take grand theft for example...everyone know the game rocks....but did take2's/rockstars follow up effort SOE? hell NO..IMO that game blows ....so u see...an educated person such as myself would be smart to just wait and play the demo from his OXM subscription in just a couple weeks...then got out and buy it while their are other quality games out (rallisport,thps3,nba2k2,jsrf..all of which i haven't picked up yet)..and other just on the horizon (morrowwind).
    no need to thank me for clarifying ninja...i'm DZNUTZ..(.in your mouth)..and thats what i'm here for.

The game is amazing. The controls are quite adaptable, and the graphics are out of this world. I already wrote a GUNVALKYRIE review for this website, so if you want to check it out, go ahead.

I would have to say that GUNVALKYRIE is one of the most unique/thrilling one player games ever. try it out!!! The jet pack adds a new dimension to gameplay that won't disappoint you.

Exclamation

I have a question about Gun Valkyrie...

Does someone know, how I can get Kelly's third battlesuit?

Cheers
    Witchblade

Default 3rd Suit

Hello Witchblade, and welcome to XBA

To get Kelly's 3rd suit, you have to get ALL of the Haley's Cores. You must do them in one whole run of the normal game, and cannot get them in challenge mode.

Here is a list of the locations:

VALLEY 1: At the second set of mushroom platforms, on the highest thin platform.
    VALLEY 2: In the floating platform area with the strong drafts. Slightly right of the north exit, on a higher level.
    VALLEY 3: At the very end of the stage. The section resembles the one in Valley 1 where you picked up the Drive Gun. Be sure to leave one Frekiheim alive before you grab the core or else the stage will end.
    CIVILIAN BASE 1: In the third large room. About 2/3rds the way up on the NE portion you'll find a nook. Drop down.
    CIVILIAN BASE 2: In the narrow, 4-sided elevator-like shaft. Boost up one level, then fall off to the side. Go to any corner and drop down one more level.
    CIVILIAN BASE 3: Keep falling (about 5/6th the way down) until you see the 5 SVN drones that form a star pattern. You should see a door on the same level. The core's below the platform on the other side of that door.
    NAGLFAR'S PIT 1: Right below the platform where you start.
    NAGLFAR'S PIT 2: Very bottom, center of the pit.
    YGGDRASILL 1: Alongside the wall 2/3rds the way down. Should be visible as you decend.
    YGGDRASILL 2: Alongside the wall 2/3rds the way up (you start the stage at the bottom).

i'm not contradicting myself ninja......its just that i'm not assuming... ya see..by various reviews ..its pretty much a given fact that this game has a big learning curve. as i said before. so what....but since i haven't played the game...i can't really say if the rest of the factors will please me...ie...gameplay...length....replayability. especially replayability...that is one of my first concerns when it comes to buying games...cuzz if it don't have that...then it better be damn long with a good story. so u see...i aint contradicting nuttin...if sega wants my money..they'll have to earn it like the rest of the developers...not just because the sega logo is on it. take grand theft for example...everyone know the game rocks....but did take2's/rockstars follow up effort SOE? hell NO..IMO that game blows ....so u see...an educated person such as myself would be smart to just wait and play the demo from his OXM subscription in just a couple weeks...then got out and buy it while their are other quality games out (rallisport,thps3,nba2k2,jsrf..all of which i haven't picked up yet)..and other just on the horizon (morrowwind).
    no need to thank me for clarifying ninja...i'm DZNUTZ..(.in your mouth)..and thats what i'm here for.
    YO dznutz, sorry for the delay in my reply. I was searching for my d@mn thread until I just found out one of the mods decided to mush mine into other peoples threads! Something im not pleased with, but any who!
    Dont get offended becauseI called you out DZ, im just keeping it real sunshine!

Oh and that was cute of you to stole my new catch phrase, but I dont know about that sick part you added! I think i'll hook you up with one of my chicken head on da east coast, aight bro! Im gonna set you straight!.... **wink, wink**!

Wink

non taken ninja......yea, i feel ya on the "where the hell did that thread go" part. its just playfull banter to me dogg...as for the chickenhead..send em my way..i'm taking applications for my summer league team ...of asian decent is a plus...and in return..i'll send u some west coast pigeons

p.s. congrats on the naki case.ja bazzzztard!!!

Why was your thread moved Ninja?

Step 1: It was posted in "General Discussion"
    Step 2: It was a new release
    Step 3: There is an official thread for the game, to make the boards less frantic

Or you could simply....

RESPECT MY AUTHORATAH!

and i rarely ever watch that show.....

non taken ninja......yea, i feel ya on the "where the hell did that thread go" part. its just playfull banter to me dogg...as for the chickenhead..send em my way..i'm taking applications for my summer league team ...of asian decent is a plus...and in return..i'll send u some west coast pigeons

p.s. congrats on the naki case.ja bazzzztard!!!
    LOL@west coast pigeons! hehehe!
    I'll see what I can do about da chicken heads bro.

Oh, and thanks for the congrates on da Naki case. Im really happy about it.
    You stll got time sunshine, you might get selected. If not XBA will always be running contest. So this is not a no win situation. you never know.
    Back to da topic: so when you gonna rent GUNVALKYRIE?
    Im buying mine this weekend.

And to mec, dude.... you need to be more worried about making my avator for GBAA instead of moving my threads junior btw, I noticed you dont post their anymore! dont worry, your notmissing much.
    I just wish more people would give this site a chance

WHAT?..WHAT'S DAT YOU SAY? You want a link,.. why didntyou say so ........ www.gbaaddict.com cheap plug!

i just rented Gunvalkyrie and i like it, it is very challenging and the graphics are awesome. The only thing that annoys me is the aiming but i can live with it.
    Hidden Content
    Games i own: Halo|NHL 2002|NFL Fever|Madden 2002|Air Force Delta Storm|Blood Omen 2|UFC:Tapout|Rallisport Challange|Hunter: The Reckoning

Thread Information