Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Official GunValkyrie Thread

Thumbs up Good Game!!!

I bought the game on Monday and I can say its definately a good game. The graphics are awesome and i'll admit the controlls take sometime to get used too, but after you do get used to them you can practically fly your way through the levels. But whenb doing this i have had a little trouble aiming down and maintaining my altitude but hey its a work in progrees.

Default Re: Good Game!!!

Originally posted by Toder
    I bought the game on Monday and I can say its definately a good game. The graphics are awesome and i'll admit the controlls take sometime to get used too, but after you do get used to them you can practically fly your way through the levels. But whenb doing this i have had a little trouble aiming down and maintaining my altitude but hey its a work in progrees.
    Yeah I got mine today as well and I agree with all you said about this fanastic game, I'm still trying to do those moves she does in the games demo, don't she look GOOD!! flying around like that.

Yes I would recommend this to anyone it's got to be the most beautiful graphics on the XBOX on par with Dead or Alive 3 but as I said and Toder the controls will take sometime to get used to

Cool Excellent Game!

Picked GV up at Gamespot yesterday at 4pm...played until 2am last night! Everything that everyone has posted about the controls being a bit quirky is right on, but I thought that the controls in Halo took some getting used to also so no big deal to adapt.
    The graphics and sound are astounding! Using the jet-pack and spinning around in mid air while the strange sun beams in the background is just beautiful. Blasting those extremely creepy spiders and the pods with the drive gun isn't all that bad either...

I may be a bit on the biased side though as Metroid was one of my all time favorite games....this has Metroid qualities X 100...Like Metroid on 3D steroids...

Man! I just love this game!

Adios everyone! Grab this game up if you have the funds available...I don't think you'll regret it

BDHES

Screaming for Vengeance NomadLLama's Avatar

i beat the demo of tha game at CompUSA. it was actually a pretty good experience. i was too used to the Halo controls, so got confused, but after about 3 minutes got the hang of it. i really don't like that auto-aim system. it doesn't allow u to shoot who u wanna.
    ha..

Thumbs up

This game is tight, The Graphics look awsome

I also Played this At Best buy and it was ammazing

HOly french fries.

I beat this game today, I've had it now for a week and have been playing next to non-stop. It occupied all of my time over spring break when I was at my parent's and they didn't have a net connection. Now I'm back at school, and I still couldn't put it down.. until now!

WHEW IT'S OVER!!!! So cool. Love me seom Gun Valykyrie.

I am telling you right now, this game is SOLID on the gameplay aspect. It is hard as holy heck at the beginning, but by the end you've powered up your character and master techniques that will keep you in the air indefinately.

This is the first true killer game on my XBOX. I LOVED and STILL LOVE HALO, but after I beat it once on legendary, I couldn't handle going back and doing it again. It's just not as emersive. When you beat this game, and you have the option to go back and get better marks on levels, you really it. I can't explain why. I'm a lunitic for this game.

SO wonderful. Buy it. It gives you happy feelings.
    Of course that's just my opinion... I could be wrong.

Thumbs up thumbs up!

I bought mine last Thursday and just started playing it last night for a good hour.
    Guys, im not saying im better than the next man but I didnt have no problems getting used to the controls.
    I think all the media & internet reviews are overating the learning curve for this game.
    If you lesson to the instructions at the beginning of your first mission jsut like in Halo you will understand.
    Man, it's been along time since I have played a platform type gaem where I have to jump up on mushroom after mushroom to make it to the next part of the level.
    The sound, balance, visuals/graphics, ect. are all very impressive thus far.
    I recommend this game to anyone interested in 3rd person shooters, action, platform type of gernes.

hey guys, I just bought this game today and it's awesome.
    When I first put it in though it gave me a message that it couldn't read the disk and I freaked out
    It looks really fun and I know I'll be playing it for awhile, it's going to be awesome when I get the hang of the controls...
    Does anyone know if you can go back and replay levels?

...and could someone please help me with the valley 2 level? I beat all the bugs in the cave and got the core or whatever, and when I look at the map it says that I need to go back past the beginning. Right now I'm where I started and I can't seem to get up the cliff, does anyone know how to get to the top of the map where the last of the bugs are? I would GREATLY appreciate it if someone could help me...I've been playing this part for so long...and I don't want to start over because I have the cave part cleared. thanks a bunch.

Originally posted by guest
    hey guys, I just bought this game today and it's awesome.
    When I first put it in though it gave me a message that it couldn't read the disk and I freaked out
    It looks really fun and I know I'll be playing it for awhile, it's going to be awesome when I get the hang of the controls...
    Does anyone know if you can go back and replay levels?

...and could someone please help me with the valley 2 level? I beat all the bugs in the cave and got the core or whatever, and when I look at the map it says that I need to go back past the beginning. Right now I'm where I started and I can't seem to get up the cliff, does anyone know how to get to the top of the map where the last of the bugs are? I would GREATLY appreciate it if someone could help me...I've been playing this part for so long...and I don't want to start over because I have the cave part cleared. thanks a bunch.
    hehehehehe have you tried the caves mate look at the map or just jump from one mushroom to the other untill you get there

It's an awesome game it's got graphics to die for and I love the gameplay

Originally posted by Afro Aura

hehehehehe have you tried the caves mate look at the map or just jump from one mushroom to the other untill you get there

It's an awesome game it's got graphics to die for and I love the gameplay
    What's so funny Afro, dudes not lieing, I was playing this game a little more last night and I was like "where the f*ck do I go next!!" The map is full of bs for real. I cant go into the next door because I got to kill more monsters in other places i cant even go.
    It's started to pi$$ me off until I realized it was almost 9:00pm eastern time. Time for da all new WWF RAW.
    Lucky for GUNVALKYRIE because I was about to lay da smackdown on this d@mn game yo!

there's a pit in the last area of the first section.

go INTO it instead of jetting over it.

Originally posted by Sodacider
    there's a pit in the last area of the first section.

go INTO it instead of jetting over it.
    Im not sure what level or what part of the game your refering too, but any help getting through these crazy ass mazes would be very helpful.

Valley 2, when you get into an open area w/ mushrooms and flying mosquito-suckers-with-bombs and stuff, and there are pits in the ground that look something like trenches, those trenches are where you need to go once you clear the area out. OH, and MAKE SURE to kill insect swarms... I spent 5 minutes extra trying to find them since they didn't seem to auto-target in the area.

Anyway go inside the trenches and search them out. At the proper end is a cave entrance which leads to the big pit.

----
    my objective non-subjective I-swear-it's-not-biased review:

This game is GREAT. Smilebit does it again.

I'm at Ygdrisall (sp) 2, ... grr... and everything i've gone through before this is AMAZING.

Originally posted by Sodacider
    Valley 2, when you get into an open area w/ mushrooms and flying mosquito-suckers-with-bombs and stuff, and there are pits in the ground that look something like trenches, those trenches are where you need to go once you clear the area out. OH, and MAKE SURE to kill insect swarms... I spent 5 minutes extra trying to find them since they didn't seem to auto-target in the area.

Anyway go inside the trenches and search them out. At the proper end is a cave entrance which leads to the big pit.
    Okay, im gonna check this out tonight, or either tomorrow. hopefully your help will not be in vein.

Thanks playa!

i played valley 2 for a little over an hour... I had to give up... i was just getting used to the controls too. Im not really naturally gifted at videogames it takes a little work for me to get the controls. Maybe tommorow I'll be able to beat it. Those flying things are so fricken hard to kill. Which is ur guys favorite guns... blue yellow, or red?

oh the flying things, use your machine gun on close fire (close fire is one of two modes of fire, you'll have to press the gun button (X) a couple times while shooting to tell the difference.

Question

Hey could someone tell me how to beat the very end guy? - (you know...the wierd doll-head guy with the bow/sword thing?). I admit I've only tried to beat it twice, but it just takes so long to get to him...
    and for the one part where you need to destroy the big ball with the little bug-dollhead guys, could someone tell me if I'm going about this part the right way? - At first I use the drill gun to kill the guys then I shoot the ball when it spins, and when the bugs get to be too much that's when I start to jump up and do boost combos and trying not to get hit by the barrage of spike bullet things...
    the reason I ask is because I'm not quite a master at this game yet and i struggle with this part so I want to make sure I'm doing it the most efficient way.

I really need help with that last guy though, I only got a sliver of health from him last time and I don't know how I did it...

Originally posted by Plewis
    i played valley 2 for a little over an hour... I had to give up... i was just getting used to the controls too.
    lol...I feel your pain. I played Naglar's Pit 1 for 4 hours... this level made me hate myself.

Is there a monster on the bridge at the middlish of Valley 2 where the satellite is? I can't get up there or shoot anything from the mushroom.

Thread Information