Poll: Which NFL game is better?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Chronik has put me in a dilemna!!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Default Chronik has put me in a dilemna!!

hehe...well, it's a good dilemna to say that least! As many of you know, one of our amazing XBA members, Chronik, performed a notable act of kindness and decided to gift me a copy of NFL2K2. I already own NFL Fever, however, I couldn't stop playing NFL2K2....It's just mind blowing and seems much more fun!

To anyone that has played both NFL Fever and NFL2K2...what are your opinions and which one is better? Make your selection at the poll provided and let me know your feedback

Id rather bang rocks together on my scrotum while midgets whip empty 40's at me then play fever.

In the rain too.....

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

The Game Is Not Over!!! Nato King's Avatar

Talking

I had to make this same decision two weeks ago fever or 2k2 And I want with Fever and I think I made a good decision because I love the way the game is set up. But I have not played 2k2 yet but I heard it is really good to.

Originally posted by Serg_w
    I had to make this same decision two weeks ago fever or 2k2 And I want with Fever and I think I made a good decision because I love the way the game is set up. But I have not played 2k2 yet but I heard it is really good to.
    Sucks to be you!

fever Blows......

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

I had both Madden 2002 and NFL2K2, the two were like night

and day. Madden's graphics were sharper, but gameplay could

not compare to 2K2. As for fever, I never had the opportunity to

play it so I would not be ablt to give you an opinion.

Originally posted by Chronik
    I had both Madden 2002 and NFL2K2, the two were like night

and day. Madden's graphics were sharper, but gameplay could

not compare to 2K2. As for fever, I never had the opportunity to

play it so I would not be ablt to give you an opinion.
    You know, I actually played Madden and think it's a great game, but, for some reason, I find that NFL2K2 has the better graphics! Wierd! I guess it depends on what you're looking at...

I would say that, graphically, Fever has the most impressive when it comes to detail. But, it seems to me that NFL2K2 is an all around better game so far. The gameplay is really nice! Picking the plays is a little better on Fever, in my opinion, however, it's not all that bad on NFL2K2... Fortunately, I'm used to picking the plays since I played NFL2K1 on the Dreamcast.

The facial details on NFL2K2 are definately better than NFL Fever, in my opinion. However, the arm, leg, and uniform detail on Fever is better...also, the helmets on Fever show very detailed reflections of the sky, lights, and stadium.

As for Gameplay, I am extremely impressed with NFL2K2!! Wow! Running the ball, catching the ball, and throwing the ball is amazing! Juking is nice in NFL2K2 and is definately a major boost compared to Fever. It seems as if the players move more fluidly in NFL2K2, as well.

One of the things that bugged me at first with NFL2K2 is when you are on the kick of return team. When the player catches the ball, you have to hit down on your controller to move up the field and then the field turns around and you have to start hitting forward (or, up, in this case). With Fever, as soon as the player catches the ball, the field rotates around immediately, therefore, all you have to do is hit up to move forward. While this is minor, it bugged me at first only because I was used to Fever

Both have their pluses and minuses, but, so far, I would have to give NFL2K2 my vote

I have played madden, fever, and nfl2k2! I personaly prefer fever because of the of the fast and arcade like gameplay. The graphics are the better then madden and nfl2k2! The gameplay does have a couple of annoyances, such as blown secoundary coverage, but once you get the hang of it you can learn to cover it consistantly! The difficulty is moderate on normal and gets incredibly hard on the most difficult level. The graphics alone are at least worth a rental. I love this game! It has a great dynasty mode which never grows old. I actually like drafting my players and setting up my team almost more then playing! The games are fast and furious! I love it

Nfl2k2-another great game, I enjoy this game as well, but the main problem I see with it is that it is a port....now don't get me wrong I do own some ports but the game dosn't push the xbox as much as fever does. After purchasing the xbox my expectation have risen and this game graphically dosn't meet them! The action is a little slower then Fever but the gameplay is solid. I find it harder to run the ball in this game which kinda ****es me off since that is my favorite thing in a football game. Overall I the game is solid and you really can't go wrong with either game.
    The thing that made me dislike the game is that it seems that the computer cheets. I will be tearing up the team all game. I will be ahead in the 4th by a field goal, and all the sudden the cpu will pull off some god-like offence, I can't stop their passes! It is very annoying and detracts from the game a great deal!

Madden-Well its just madden he sucks! His voice annoys me so I really never gave the game a chance! Its gameplay is to slow for me it is definatly a simulation game! With fever and nfl2k2 out this game was very easy to overlook!

Hope that helps!

Lets go Canes/ Marlins! AlBoogy's Avatar

Maximus, do yourself a favor and get nfl2k2. You would like fever for like an hour or 2. 2k2 just has alot more depth. Listen to jjax, it just gets annoying after a while.

Thank you to Caged Soul for the Sig! Hidden Content

Thanks for the reply, Bryan You make some interesting points...I haven't played NFL2K2 too extensively at this point, so, I don't know about how the opposing team pulls off some extraordinary plays in the final moments of the game quite yet. Perhaps I will see it as time goes on. All I know is that I played two entire games last night and beat the computer both times. The second time, the computer was much more challenging and I beat them only by a field goal

One thing I really noticed is that trying to pull off a 4th down conversion is MUCH MUCH MUCH easier on Fever than it is on NFL2K2

If you prefer Fevers gameplay over maddens you obvoiusly dont like football. (or DONT UNDERSTAND IT)

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by JJaX
    If you prefer Fevers gameplay over maddens you obvoiusly dont like football. (or DONT UNDERSTAND IT)
    Dude, JJax...no offense, man...but, provide some more objective information! I want to know why you think NFL2K2 is better than Fever, etc... I already know you hate Fever, but, tell me why, specifically, and why you prefer NFL2K2 instead

Thanks, dude!

Where do i begin?

Fever flaws:

-The ball floats like a frisbee
    -The 1 tackle animation gets old
    -the game sucks
    -The hits sound weak
    -Running backs cant break long runs in a realistic manner
    -Secondary blows
    -You cant feel the actual push the line gets when running say a strong I-formation
    -The defense doesnt react like a real defense would like say when you run a counter
    -the game sucks
    -spinning makes you invincable instead of actually spining by a defender
    -the commentary is a joke (i know you can turn it off)
    -hike to ball you hear the same rumbling sounds and grunts then silence
    -the game sucks
    -running the ball up the middle doesnt feel like running the ball up the middle
    -lack of animations
    -stupid player comments on the field
    -No challenging the play (although in madden you can only challenge the spot of the ball, but its a start.)
    -the game sucks
    -offensive line looks like something outta lord of the dance
    -the game sucks

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Where do i begin?

Fever flaws:

-The ball floats like a frisbee
    -The 1 tackle animation gets old
    -the game sucks
    -The hits sound weak
    -Running backs cant break long runs in a realistic manner
    -Secondary blows
    -You cant feel the actual push the line gets when running say a strong I-formation
    -The defense doesnt react like a real defense would like say when you run a counter
    -the game sucks
    -spinning makes you invincable instead of actually spining by a defender
    -the commentary is a joke (i know you can turn it off)
    -hike to ball you hear the same rumbling sounds and grunts then silence
    -the game sucks
    -running the ball up the middle doesnt feel like running the ball up the middle
    -lack of animations
    -stupid player comments on the field
    -No challenging the play (although in madden you can only challenge the spot of the ball, but its a start.)
    -the game sucks
    -offensive line looks like something outta lord of the dance
    -the game sucks
    Well, I can understand some of your ponts here...but, I don't agree with all of it. I mean, for one, the ball doesn't float like a frisbee...lol. I also don't think the hits sound weak, in my personal opinion. I'm not sure what you mean about the running backs can't break a long run in a "realistic manner" - I haven't seen any issues with this. I also am not sure what you mean about running up the middle not "feeling" like you're running up the middle. And, Lord of the dance?!!? BWAHAHAHAHAA!!

But, I do agree and understand what you mean about the one tackle animation. I agree, I wish there were many more. But, atleast it's a crunching dive There are actually a couple pull downs...okay, maybe one. I also notice an uppercut on Fever, too, which was nice I also agree what you had to say about the lack of feeling the line pushing. That kinda bugs me, too. Also, I find that the spin move is a little too generous as well. Last, but certainly not least, I agree...the commentary hugs nutz. I really wish they would act a little more excited as I am strolling down the field doing a one of the cool dances as I strut in for the end zone! But, they seem to only say "Touch down. What a great run."

Sucks to be you!

fever Blows......
    lol, you aint lieing jjax. Anything Sega Sports blows all other compo out da water son!

btw, it's offical- Chronik & waximus are a couple ( I dub you two the "Billy & Chuck" of the XBA! I swear it's nice and all what dude did, but d@mn... must we hear about this forever.
    If I see one more thread about you two in gonna open of a can of Ninja whoop ass!

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

MADDEN!!!!!! MADDEN!!!! MADDEN!!!...while i think nfl2k2 and fever are very good games..... they still cannot touch the realism of madden. IMO a real football fan would choose madden..the gameplay is topnotch...sure fever is pretty...but i choose gameplay over graphics. if u want a real football experience ..go madden....but if your looking for arcade u might as well buy blitz...whateva tickles your pickle...to each his/her own....but i'm a maden fan FO life ( even though his old ash is going to be annoying on monday night football, he deserves it...side note...DENNIS MILLER IS THE SHIZNIT). EA sports might have lost the NBA throne to sega and the 2k series....but EA sports still OWNS NFL and NHL....for now at least.

any one remember the old madden game ( on sega genisis i think) where if u injured a player the ambulance came out and ran over all players that stood in the way just to carry the injured off.???? thats a classic gaming moment for dat ash.

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    MADDEN!!!!!! MADDEN!!!! MADDEN!!!...while i think nfl2k2 and fever are very good games..... they still cannot touch the realism of madden. IMO a real football fan would choose madden..the gameplay is topnotch...sure fever is pretty...but i choose gameplay over graphics. if u want a real football experience ..go madden....but if your looking for arcade u might as well buy blitz...whateva tickles your pickle...to each his/her own....but i'm a maden fan FO life ( even though his old ash is going to be annoying on monday night football, he deserves it...side note...DENNIS MILLER IS THE SHIZNIT). EA sports might have lost the NBA throne to sega and the 2k series....but EA sports still OWNS NFL and NHL....for now at least.

any one remember the old madden game ( on sega genisis i think) where if u injured a player the ambulance came out and ran over all players that stood in the way just to carry the injured off.???? thats a classic gaming moment for dat ash.
    DZNUTZ....While the Madden series is good, I still can't stand the voice of John Madden! Seriously! I rarely will watch an entire football game if he is heading up the commentary. For some reason, I just can't stand how he draws all over the screen pretending that he knows what he is talking about and only to find out that the drawings he makes have nothing to do with the plays! Of course, this is while watching real football, but, THAT VOICE!!!!

No offense, I'm glad you like it. I played it and found it to be a good football game, too. I prefered Fever over it and bought it.

As for Ninja Scroll: Dude, what's up with your attitude lately? Do you have a big U-571 in your diaper or something?

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

i agree w/ you maximus...madden can be eXtremely annoying...but c'mon...look how long hes been around and how much hes done in the NFL. IMO ...while he is deffinately losing it, hes not some old dog that deserves to be put down. IMO...considering all hes done ...he deserves to be part of the NFL in any way he wants for as long as he wants( lets face it...w/his lifestlye and age..he doesn't have much longer ). so if u can get by the commentary...i still recommend madden..but as i said.."whateva floats your boat", their all good games.

btw maximus, have u played EA's NHL 02'...best damn hockey game eva...with HILAROUS and non repeditive commentary.

IMO max, i think nfl 2k2 is better than fever...maybe not in graphics...but the fun factor and gameplay. Maybe if MS works out the bugs in the game and also fixes the AI, fever '03 will be the best football game next year
    5 National Championships...13 Final Fours...Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    i agree w/ you maximus...madden can be eXtremely annoying...but c'mon...look how long hes been around and how much hes done in the NFL. IMO ...while he is deffinately losing it, hes not some old dog that deserves to be put down. IMO...considering all hes done ...he deserves to be part of the NFL in any way he wants for as long as he wants( lets face it...w/his lifestlye and age..he doesn't have much longer ). so if u can get by the commentary...i still recommend madden..but as i said.."whateva floats your boat", their all good games.

btw maximus, have u played EA's NHL 02'...best damn hockey game eva...with HILAROUS and non repeditive commentary.
    I was wondering about EA's NHL 02'...It seems awesome! I am planning on renting it and checking it out!

As for your comments about Madden...lol...I agree. I was just blowing off a little steam!
    Last edited by Maximus; 03-19-2002 at 01:27 PM.

Originally posted by JADE8704
    IMO max, i think nfl 2k2 is better than fever...maybe not in graphics...but the fun factor and gameplay. Maybe if MS works out the bugs in the game and also fixes the AI, fever '03 will be the best football game next year
    Yeah! NFL Fever 2003 will feature on-line play!!

Thread Information