Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Any original XBOX collectors out there?

Default Any original XBOX collectors out there?

I recently started seriously collecting the orginal xbox series of products. Unlike other gaming systems I collect, it seems there are very few forums for collectors. I am beginning to wonder if its becuase there are very few original xbox collectors. I am posting this message becuase I am trying to complete the set of xbox games and systems. It would be nice to exchange thoughts with others trying to do the same thing. Currently, I have just over 700 of the 950+ games published on Wikipedia and most of the domestic (USA and Canada) consoles. Specificially, I have

(1) the standard black;
    (2) Halo 1 edition: translucent green
    (3) Halo 2 edition: translucent blue
    (4) Crystal Edition - translucent white
    (5) Moutain Dew Edition - lime green ,
    (6) Debugging Unit - translcuent green
    (7) Translucenent Green Edition; and
    (8) the launch unit, which like most of the other special editions is also translucent green.

All of the above are NTSC. I do have some PAL and NTSC-J systems, but I haven't really even begun to conquer the Japanese and European markets yet. I am currently looking for the Pepsi/Hulk, Tony Hawk Underground 2 to complete the domestic sets. However, if there are any other xbox collecters out there with limited edition international xbox's like the Kasumi Chan version I am always open to trades or straight out purchases. I also love the promo's, prototypes and demo's. Like most collectors, I really don't like selling my stuff. I prefer to buy or trade when necessary.

Are there any other xBox collectors out there? If so, what are you focused on collecting. I would love to hear back from anyone working in this area. Thanks!

I've got a few of the originals lying around but nothing you don't have. Would love to see some pics of your collection though
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

I would be happy to share pictures, but I am new here. Can you tell me how we exchange photos or direct me to the instructions? Is there a particular area of the site to upload them? Any help you can give would be appreciated. FYI, my collection isn't the nicely organized type of collection I see others post on Youtube or elsehwhere on the internet. It's more of the disorganized stack of stuff with a huge rats nest of wires type of look. It's not pretty, but I tried to make up for the lack of organization with overwhelming volume.

Just dump everything to photobucket or any other picture hosting site then link it here
    Executive Editor
    Xboxaddict.com

i definitely want to see your collection. Post em up in photobucket!

Here are the ones that I currently own

Halo 1 Green
    Halo 2 Blue x2
    Crystal
    Mountain Dew
    Smoke
    Launch Console

I did have a Debug Kit but I got rid of it for some reason (wish I hadn't now).
    Last edited by MoonTar; 07-01-2010 at 12:01 PM.

Hellon earth159

Ed,
    Nice collection...

Below are a couple of links to other collectors.

http://kaori30.com/index.php?action=...98&pos_offset=

http://cantstopcollecting.blogspot.c...-consoles.html

Also, these are links to sites that make custom consoles as part of various promotions:

(scroll to the bottom to get to the xbox section)
    http://www.top-airbrush.de/spielkonsolen.htm

http://www.colorwarepc.com/imagegalleries.aspx

Regarding the Hulk Console, one sold on ebay last week for $1300
    http://cgi.ebay.com/XBOX-CONSOLE-RAR...-/260620525546
    Last edited by hellonearth159; 06-30-2010 at 10:59 PM.

My ex still has my original Xbox... I didn't want it back, because it's probably full of STD's/STI's or something...

Anyway, I think the original Xbox looked much better than the 360. Who's with me?

Hidden Content Originally Posted by Willy-XBA Hidden Content
    2011 Stanley Cup Champions - Toronto Maple Leafs

Indeed, looks much better than the new one.

And I remember the guy from this website

http://kaori30.com/index.php?action=...98&pos_offset=

Pretty sure he does not have all those consoles. I remember way back when someone was selling one of those Fight Night Xbox 360s, and he added the Ebay pictures to his sight and the seller got mad.

He even has some of hellonearth159's pictures on there and put his website on the pic in the bottom right hand corner.

He stole the picture of the 50 Cent Xbox also from a guy on another website.

So in other words, if he claims to have all those consoles he doesn't.

Hi,

Due to recently discovering how much my Hulk/Pepsi Xbox is in demand, I've stumbled across this forum amongst others.

I'm hoping to see if there's any interest, rather than simply sticking it on Ebay and it garnering no attention.

If anyone has any information on how to get good results on Ebay sales, or wants any further information on my Xbox, please get in touch...

So, its been a while. This is Ed Hunter again. It took me a really long time to finally move into my new place and take some of these things out of the boxes again, but here are some photos of the various xbox systems I have. I shot them right on top of the moving box, so nothing fancy here. I will repost once they are nicely organized and displayed, but as you can see the amount of time since my last post was a long time ago. I learned a bit about photobucket since my last visit here, so I will try to post pictures a little more quickly this time around. Here is the link.

http://s1180.photobucket.com/albums/...orse1111/XBOX/

So, my original question stands. Are there any serious XBOX collectors out there? I would really like to exhange information. I haven't found the XBOX wiki or other information sources out there to be very detailed about what xbox rarities exist.

Lastly, I wtb rare xbox systems and controllers. Please contact me if you have anything for sale or trade. Specifically, I really need the original xbox launch partner system, launch controllers, live controllers or dakota controllers. Box ad instructions desired, but not critical. Thanks!

I bought one of the Partner Edition console for really cheap. Had a crack in it but for the price I paid you couldn't complain very much. Pretty much the only original Xbox console I have gotten in a while. Was about to buy a 2nd Anniversary but the seller had his own name engraved on the console when he bought it way back. -_-

Kinda wanting a Debug kit now. Probably the next one I will be looking for.

I've found the transluc ent cases do have a tendency to crack. I'm not discouraged from purchasing very rare xboxes with cracks in them. FYI, I have an extra debugging system for trade. They are dirt cheap right now.

Different subject, has anyone put together a list of official/rare xbox controllers? I have the following:

Duke
    1) Standard - Black
    2) Launch - Translucent Green
    3) Dakota - Greenish black and different jewel

S-Type
    1) Standard - black with black jewel
    2) Standard - black with green jewel
    3) Translucent Green
    4) Translucent blue
    6) Halo - translucent green with halo jewel
    7) Crystal
    8) Xbox live - translucent orange with Xbox live jewel
    9) Gray

I believe the special editions like the anniversary editions also have matching controllers.

S-Type
    Translucent Blue with white jewel (have x2) - came with Canadian Blue Xbox as well as Kasumi Xbox
    Translucent Black with black jewel (have x1) - came with 1st Anniversary XBox
    All White with white jewel - came with 2nd Anniversary Xbox
    All White with black jewel - came with Panzer Dragon Ortaa Xbox
    EA Edition - came with EA Xbox Live Xbox

All I can think of that you missed right now.

And would you want to just sell your extra Debug Kit? Is it the kind that says "Debug Kit" on the front?

My preference is to trade, but I'm open to anything. It's the standard Xbox debug kit with the XDK dashboard. I picked it up in a lot of development systems from a game publisher that closed up shop. Comes with the correct hookups and a controller. No box, manual or software. It's in very good cosmetic and working condition. I was hopeing to use it as trade bait for something I need.

As an aside, I wasn't aware there was another kind of debug kit. It's that kind of information that I would really like to compile.

I have a unopened (plastic still on the box) Blue Halo 2 Canadian Xbox. I guess everything is for sale at the right price.
    Last edited by Kamshaft; 01-16-2012 at 04:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Hunter View Post
    My preference is to trade, but I'm open to anything. It's the standard Xbox debug kit with the XDK dashboard. I picked it up in a lot of development systems from a game publisher that closed up shop. Comes with the correct hookups and a controller. No box, manual or software. It's in very good cosmetic and working condition. I was hopeing to use it as trade bait for something I need.

As an aside, I wasn't aware there was another kind of debug kit. It's that kind of information that I would really like to compile.
    There are some debug kits that are just standard black also. There are also the Alpha I and Alpha II kits. (The ones in the PC cases.)

As of right now I don't have anything to trade.

Quote Originally Posted by Kamshaft-XBA View Post
    I have a unopened (plastic still on the box) Blue Halo 2 Canadian Xbox. I guess everything is for sale at the right price.
    I hope you wouldn't be asking $1,750 like the guy on Ebay. That price is way to high.

Very few things in the video game world are worth $1,750. There is no original XBOX system worth $1,750 to me and I have some rare ones. I sometimes wonder why people would research an item, and write a detailed auction listing and then come up with hava price so ridiculous the whole excercise is just a waste of time. If you want to know what this item looks like, you can just click on the link from my previous posting and have a look. I think its the picture right next to the beta machine.

Yeah all his consoles are way over priced. I have two of the blue ones. Seen here with their matching controllers. I only have the one box though.

The lone voice of reason. Symmetric-XBA's Avatar

it's amazing how ppl inflate prices to try and get as much money as possible when in the end they end up just hurting their own image. when it comes to video games you have to understand that there will only be a limited time when the prices are high, but when you talk about old consoles the value doesn't carry over. granted there may be a couple hundred of these consoles in the world, but the original xbl has been turned off and development for games has stopped so the worth of the console itself has already taken a hit due to those two factors alone.

Its like the limited 360 consoles now. Don't expect their value to stay when the next console comes out. The same can be said for faceplates and games as well. Granted the faceplate market is now almost non existent esp. with the introduction of the new slim consoles and the fact that MS itself has abandoned support for them, but that doesn't stop ppl from trying to get cash from unsuspecting suckers. Limited games though seems to be where the last hurrah is as far as value. Games such as Dead Space Ultra Limited Edt., Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning Signiture Bundle and the Tiesto DJ Hero 2 bundle which have very limited supply only carry a high price due to the fact that the 360 is still going strong, but once the new console comes out those prices and value should drop (unless the new console plays the 360 games).

---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Most Addicted Addict ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Staffer ----------
    ---------- 2011 XboxAddict Award: Favorite Writer/Reviewer ----------
    THIS IS GOING TO BE HUGE! #XBA2016 MAKE XBA GREAT AGAIN!

Thread Information