Thread: hard drive size

Question hard drive size

when the xbox first came out MS said the hardrive would be 8g then they said it would ship with 10g. In one of the OXM it states in the letters sec somewhere that some of the first boxes on the market have a 10g but the xboxes they are makeing now is 8g. Either way it doesn't matter but is there a way to tell the size of the hardrive?
    Sunlight splatters dawn with answers
    Darkness shrugs and bids the day good-bye

I hear if yours in made in mexico(Look under your xbox) it has a 10 gig HD. But it doesn't really matter since there all formatted to be 8 gigs.

I heard that the xbox has 4 2gig partitions. So it doesn't matter which hard drive you have. but i heard the one that really is 8 is a seagate which i personally like.

I heard all of this about the hard over at xboxhackz.com

The 10 gig drives are just a teensy bit faster. But not enough to make a huge difference. Mine's a 10
    Oh a life? That sounds fun, where can I download one of those?

Originally posted by Exatox
    The 10 gig drives are just a teensy bit faster. But not enough to make a huge difference. Mine's a 10

Bigger hard-drive = faster????

Dude you need to do your homework....

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Tweaker

Originally posted by Toder
    but i heard the one that really is 8 is a seagate which i personally like.
    Mine is a 10G, it's a western digital, which I prefer iver seagate, just take your box apart you babies! I replaced my ATA 33 cable with an ATA 100, and I notice a speed difference, but the size of the hard drive doesnt not equal speed. If anything, the smaller one would be faster because I doesn't have to scan over more space. In any case, take your box apart, its fun for everyone.
    Live long and strong

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Personally, I have no idea what the big difference would be in having an 8 gig hard-drive versus a 10 gig hard-drive. I doubt that any of us can create enough game saves and rip enough music to take up the space on the hard-drive until several years have passed.

I have ripped over 100 music tracks on my hard-drive and insurmountable game saves and I have yet to even put a dent into my "50,000+ blocks available" indicator

Bigger hard-drive = faster????
    YES, the 10 gig IS faster. Besisdes, it wouldn't make a difference if it's only partitioned for 8, meaning it wouldn't even check the other sectors, because technically, it doesn't exist. If you don't belive me, ask Microsoft.
    Oh a life? That sounds fun, where can I download one of those?

Thread Information