Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: XBoxconnector.com ROCKS!!!!

GO SEAHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! l Maximus l's Avatar

Default XBoxconnector.com ROCKS!!!!

With much motivation from FanofSlipknotib and Xtopia, two great XBA members here, I finally broke down and got on XBoxconnector.com! And, may I say that it is worlds ahead of Gamespy when it comes to the lack of lagging issues!!! It's SOOO much better! However, I must admit that Gamespy's user interface is much nicer. The dudes at XBoxconnector simply use Mirc as the user interface, which works just fine

Also, I noticed that the players at XBoxconnector.com are much more skilled than the average person on Gamespy! This is exciting for me as I was starting to feel burned out with the dudes at Gamespy. Finally! I didn't come in first place while playing XBoxconnector! So, this means I have a even more room to increase my skills! I love this!!!

I just thought I would share this and thank FanofSlipknotib and Xtopia for their strong persistence!

To everyone else who is on Gamespy...what are you waiting for!??!?!?!?

No joke, dudes! Get XBoxconnector! I played a game with a total of 10 people on 4 XBoxes and there was zero lag! Well, there was an occasional *hic-up* here and there, but, it's a far cry from Gamespy which actually FREEZES once in a while! So, if you are on Gamespy, seriously consider getting on XBoxconnector.com!

Simply go to www.xboxconnector.com and download it. Also, for the user interface (to communicate), simply download Mirc at www.mirc.com and go the the XBoxconnector page by punching in #XBC. Everyone is just waiting to play!!!

So I see you have finally come to your senses, aye? What I like most about xboxconnector, is obviously, there is little lag! But like you said, the players are better! However, last weekend I took a dude that won a tourney and beet him! Then we hooked up and played as a team (his name is ATrus[EE] he is always on) We made an awesome team!
    Max, I'll be on this weekend ALOT! look me up and we can go fraggin!
    Is your name still [XBA]-Maximus? Mine is still [XBA]-xtopia!
    Hope to see you there!

When i used the xboxconnector it was really really laggy. Unplayable. But the night before NIK said it was running real nice. I guess we just tried at a bad time.

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

i would...IF I HAD A HUB ...which i dont...i think i'll just wait for the official launch of online play...thanks for the heads up though, max
    5 National Championships...13 Final Fours...Rock Chalk Jayhawk!

Originally posted by JADE8704
    i would...IF I HAD A HUB ...which i dont...i think i'll just wait for the official launch of online play...thanks for the heads up though, max
    JADE!!! Get on-line! It's free, dude! You can get a HUB for under $10!! It's so easy and very innexpensive! I gaurantee you won't feel the need to purchase another game for a long time since you will be having so much fun!

Originally posted by xtopia
    So I see you have finally come to your senses, aye? What I like most about xboxconnector, is obviously, there is little lag! But like you said, the players are better! However, last weekend I took a dude that won a tourney and beet him! Then we hooked up and played as a team (his name is ATrus[EE] he is always on) We made an awesome team!
    Max, I'll be on this weekend ALOT! look me up and we can go fraggin!
    Is your name still [XBA]-Maximus? Mine is still [XBA]-xtopia!
    Hope to see you there!
    Cool, dude! Yes, mine is still [XBA]-Maximus so I will be very easy to find! By the way, Mirc is pretty cool and easy to use, too! It seems that the people on XBoxconnector.com are so much cooler than the people are on Gamespy. I like it A LOT better! I will be on tonight with a buddy who is coming over to my house And, I will be on Friday night with my bro!

I'm sure I will be on this Saturday during the day, too, and I will definately look you up, buddy!

When i used the xboxconnector it was really really laggy. Unplayable

That is strange! Try it again...and make sure you have the newest version (v .99) just released yesterday! It fixes alot of problems!

Originally posted by xtopia

That is strange! Try it again...and make sure you have the newest version (v .99) just released yesterday! It fixes alot of problems!
    I def check it out!

And IRC is a great way to keep in touch and organize!

R.I.P.DZ
    Hidden Content

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

i'm soooo jealous....seriously... i can't wait till i get into my new pad....get dsl...build the bar...sit in my massaging leather chair and frag all ya'll ashes on my broadband connection. practice up foolios...cuz when i arrive..i'm gonna bring the heat.

Originally posted by DZNUTZ
    i'm soooo jealous....seriously... i can't wait till i get into my new pad....get dsl...build the bar...sit in my massaging leather chair and frag all ya'll ashes on my broadband connection. practice up foolios...cuz when i arrive..i'm gonna bring the heat.
    BWHAHAHAHAHA!! Dude, DZNUTZ! That was hilarious! Seriously! I'm not being sarcastic...you know why it's funny? Because when I first was talking trash before getting on line, I thought I was a bad ass and would kill everyone in sight! But, when I discovered how good a lot of the people were on-line, I found my ass in a sling and then personally handed to me with a ribbon and a bow around it! hehe

Of course, after a couple months have gone by, I've improved vastly and bring a much heavier arsenal of skill these days...but, thanks for the chuckle! I'll make sure you'll be the first I look up when you get your DSL!! BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!!

Lost but not forgotten - RIP DZNUTZ DZNUTZ's Avatar

Wink

bring it on maximo....and after we have our lil frag fest ...i'll take the pigskin and drive it up the gut on ya in some online play...

max....
    we still gonna play on GS?
    or u want me to get XC also..??

peace
    OFFICAL XBA CANADIAN , EH?Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Claymore61
    are mecs adminsters who monitor chat?

You can only play halo on it??

It doesnt work for me, XBC says it is connected but there is no communication. There is no xbox links made, and there is no way to tell if you are actually connected.

I am using a NAT, and it doesnt seem to work. Gamespy is much more user friendly.
    Hidden Content
    add, confirm, corrections, PM me

Originally posted by E-Xbox
    max....
    we still gonna play on GS?
    or u want me to get XC also..??

peace
    Dude, E-XBox...definately get XBC! (XBoxconnector)...it's sooooo worth it! Our games won't lag!!

Ok, what do i need to hook up? I’m on 56k, don’t laugh, I’m getting roadrunner soon, it’s a cable connection. But what exactly are the specifications in order? If you don’t mind.

Originally posted by dougi3000
    It doesnt work for me, XBC says it is connected but there is no communication. There is no xbox links made, and there is no way to tell if you are actually connected.

I am using a NAT, and it doesnt seem to work. Gamespy is much more user friendly.
    Dougi3000....I know exactly what you mean, however, the way people are communicating is through mIRC which can be downloaded at www.mirc.com . Once you download it, there is an icon on the top left...three in from the left in which you can click and select a room. Just type in #XBC and you will be talking with everyone that is in XBoxconnector! It's soooooooo much better! Everyone there wants to play badly!! And, no one cares how many people you have (let's say you only have 1)...everyone there seems so much nicer and they seemed to be much more skilled on average compared to Gamespy people...atleast that's what I have noticed so far!

I find that the experience is great!! But, I understand how confusing it would be if you didn't know about mIRC

Originally posted by FuNkY mOnK
    Ok, what do i need to hook up? I’m on 56k, don’t laugh, I’m getting roadrunner soon, it’s a cable connection. But what exactly are the specifications in order? If you don’t mind.
    Well, to get things hooked up, this is what you need:

Requirements:

1. Broadband (You said you are getting cable, so, you are good here)
    2. You need a total of three standard CAT 5 Patch cables (not crossovers)...NOTE: You will probably already get one when you get your modem, so, you will only need two more.
    3. You also need to get a 10/100 HUB or Switch. You can get a HUB as cheap as $10. I spent $50 for a Switch, but, you don't have to do that.
    4. Download XBoxconnector.com at www.xboxconnector.com . Also, download mIRC at www.mirc.com . Both are free downloads.

Here is how you hook everything up:

1. Plug one CAT 5 cable into your modem and the other end into the input on the HUB labeled "Uplink"
    2. Take a second CAT 5 cable and plug it into your Ethernet port on your CPU (it's the only input on the back of your computer that it will possibly plug into) and connect the other end into Port 1 on your HUB. (At this point, you have internet access)
    3. Take the final CAT 5 cable and plug it into the back of your super powerful earth shaking XBox and the other end into Port 2 on the HUB.

NOTE: Steps 2 & 3 don't require you to put in the cables in those ports...you can use port 3 or 4, etc...Just don't put them into the uplink port because step 1 requires it. But, of course you knew that!

Thanks maximus, it sounds a little complicated without all the goodies in front of me right now but I’m sure I’ll get it going. i also copy & paste your instructions. And to show my appreciations for your time I’ll go real easy on you when I’m there.

Thread Information